January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since NXT is moving to USA will future NXT PPVs and special events still be available on Hulu the next day? :nerd:

I come in pure peace.
I enjoy hearing perspectives on subjects from those that didn't necessarily grow up IN that era.

youngogjosh youngogjosh

What are your thoughts on Bret Hart?

(Just whatever naturally comes to your head/heart)

You are a legend, I am not.
He's one of the those I had to back and watch once wwe network was a thing. It always seemed odd that he never played up the "Hitman" aspect of his name besides calling his finisher the "Sharpshooter". Especially during the attitude era when DX was becoming a thing or when he went to WCW and was a heel for some time. I guess maybe it was more referring to his seriousness and technical ability....That said, for such a lack of a gimmick (don't take that the wrong way) he still was involved in some memorable feuds. I'm not sure if that's due to the writing of the time or something else, but him vs Piper, Michaels, Mr. Perfect, Owen, Benoit, and Cold Stone speak for themselves. I like what I saw of him in the ring, he wasn't a dude with 200+ pounds of muscle and zero wrestling ability so that set him apart from a lot of the big names of that time. My favorite matches of his would be vs Piper at WM 8 and vs Undertaker at SS 97 (this match set up a lot of famous matches that I saw before the network so it was cool to see how it all started), vs Michaels at WM 12, vs Owen at WM 10, and vs Benoit at Mayhem 99.

tenor.gif

He's one of the those I had to back and watch once wwe network was a thing. It always seemed odd that he never played up the "Hitman" aspect of his name besides calling his finisher the "Sharpshooter". Especially during the attitude era when DX was becoming a thing or when he went to WCW and was a heel for some time. I guess maybe it was more referring to his seriousness and technical ability....That said, for such a lack of a gimmick (don't take that the wrong way) he still was involved in some memorable feuds. I'm not sure if that's due to the writing of the time or something else, but him vs Piper, Michaels, Mr. Perfect, Owen, Benoit, and Cold Stone speak for themselves. I like what I saw of him in the ring, he wasn't a dude with 200+ pounds of muscle and zero wrestling ability so that set him apart from a lot of the big names of that time. My favorite matches of his would be vs Piper at WM 8 and vs Undertaker at SS 97 (this match set up a lot of famous matches that I saw before the network so it was cool to see how it all started), vs Michaels at WM 12, vs Owen at WM 10, and vs Benoit at Mayhem 99.

Thanks Josh.

Glad you went back and watched Bret.

I never even thought about him being a "Hitman" in name only. :lol:

The HBK, Jarrett, and Roaddogg Playback :lol: I never realized how much HBK kicked Jarrett’s *** during this match. Still one of my favorite matches as it happened on my birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom