January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

Why do you think that is?

Also, I think JBJ has eclipsed Ciampa and D Bry as heel of the year, I love seeing the salt he induces in grown men.
Stone Cold being the Anti-Hero changed things IMO.

He was the first person that I remembered being a heel but was cheered by folks. Sure it happened with the Horsemen as well, but they were loved by the women and pockets of sections of dudes.

Stone Cold was a heel, and people loved him because he was the only one that told his Boss to "get the **** out of my face." People liked that and attached themselves to him. I think that was the start of it and ever since then, people started looking for "cool" heels.

Also, people were tired of being told who to like (Corny Hogan), and wanted say over who was pushed toward the top of the cards

MP3: https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/12/21/the-best-of-2018-show/

It is POST Wrestling’s BEST OF 2018 SHOW with a rundown of all the high points throughout the past year. Our panel:

John Pollock, POST Wrestling
Wai Ting, POST Wrestling
Braden Herrington, co-host of upNXT
Davie Portman, co-host of upNXT
These four have made their picks and will go through all the categories listed below with some old favorites and some new additions to the list of awards.

Plus, as a new feature, we have the results of the listener’s picks that you can read here.

BEST WRESTLER (Male)
BEST WRESTLER (Female)
BEST TAG TEAM
BEST PROMOTION
BEST FEUD
MEN’S MATCH OF THE YEAR
WOMEN’S MATCH OF THE YEAR
BEST ON THE MIC
BEST CHARACTER
BEST BROADCASTER
BEST EVENT
BEST WRESTLING SERIES
BEST WRESTLING EPISODE
BEST BOOK
BEST DIGITAL SERIES
BEST MUSIC (ENTRANCE OR PAY-PER-VIEW THEME)
BEST PIECE OF MERCHANDISE
BEST CELEBRITY INVOLVEMENT
ANGLE OF THE YEAR
MOST IMPROVED PERFORMER
BEST SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT
BEST PODCAST (NON POST WRESTLING)
BEST INTERVIEW ON A MEDIA OUTLET
BIGGEST STORY OF 2018

what they say was match of the year?

Stone Cold being the Anti-Hero changed things IMO.

He was the first person that I remembered being a heel but was cheered by folks. Sure it happened with the Horsemen as well, but they were loved by the women and pockets of sections of dudes.

Stone Cold was a heel, and people loved him because he was the only one that told his Boss to "get the **** out of my face." People liked that and attached themselves to him. I think that was the start of it and ever since then, people started looking for "cool" heels.

Also, people were tired of being told who to like (Corny Hogan), and wanted say over who was pushed toward the top of the cards
Well said, I think another part of it may be the internet being limited to a small number of people at the time ('97).

Well said, I think another part of it may be the internet being limited to a small number of people at the time ('97).
The internet made wrestling more accessible but I don't like how it t killed regional styles. Everyone wrestles a hybrid style now. Tape trading helped make that happen as well but everyone is the same these days man

Watching WM 19

Had no idea the theme song of Limp Bizkit was called "crack addict " lol

Rather have that than MGK or Florida

20181223_195050.jpg

We need cat fight matches back

Last edited:
Watching WM 19

Had no idea the theme song of Limp Bizkit was called "crack addict " lol

Rather have that than MGK or Florida

20181223_195050.jpg

We need cat fight matches back

I don’t like how they changed the song for the opening promo on the network version of XIX (same thing for X8 ).

Back
Top Bottom