January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

I got work at 7 am but I’m pulling an all nighter :lol:

I really gotta try and remember to take off next year so I can watch it and it go straight to work.

It’s just so much more enjoyable watching it live

Next years show will fall on a Saturday morning so it should be a lot easier to handle haha

I got work at 7 am but I’m pulling an all nighter :lol:

I really gotta try and remember to take off next year so I can watch it and it go straight to work.

It’s just so much more enjoyable watching it live
I got work at 9am but I will be with you pulling an all nighter. Wish I could drink some Sapporo’s but I don’t think that’s a good idea :lol:

Sad to hear about Gene Okerlund..He was one of my favorite non-wrestler personalities when I was a kid..My friends that also watched wrestling always used to mess with me cause my dad and Mean Gene look a lot alike..

SD:

- Still not totally into Becky's schtick, but the Becky/Cena stuff was a hoot.

- Fatal 5 way match was fantastic. Wish somebody else would've won but Styles & Bryan IV should be still be really good.

Also finally watched the rest of NXT and caught up with NXT UK..

- No commentary during the Gunner match was weird as hell. :rofl: at the crowd only reacting when he hit his finisher because the match was finally over. Still not feeling the MAGA Sons.

- Tag title match was cool.

- Toni looking thick af during that opening promo.

- Jordan Devlin is literally non-zesty Finn Balor. They're even from the same place and got the same voice :lol:

- Isla Dawn so f'n cute, that I almost didn't notice the fact that she's a very bad promo. Allstar's ex got a long ways to go

- I still can't take Eddie Dennis seriously. Tall *** barista.

- They HAAAAAAATE Zack Gibson holy hell man :rofl: :rofl:

- Marcel Barthel, I'm a fan. Kinda gives me Regal vibes(the way he carries himself.) They're low key starting to form Ring Kampf in NXT already with him and Aichner...and WALTER will be there soon :nerd: @PLVN

He doesn't deserve that name.

What matches are you looking forward to? Heavyweight tag match (even though the bucks just got added for no reason), ibushi/ospreay should be nuts, Okada/White - like white a lot. Wondering who the mole on CHAOS is, main event should be really good.

Hope its Beretta. Dude had a lot of momentum last year then dropped off.

Hot Take: HBK as champ was worse for ratings than NWO

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom