JASON KIDD APPRECIATION

All you need to know..

Stockton's career numbers:

52% career shooter

15,806 assists - No. 1 in NBA history

3,265 steals - No. 1 in NBA history

19711 points.

What more could you ask for in a point guard?

Only thing Kidd has on Stockton is 3 pointers made. Looking where Kidd ranks on that list would have you thinking he had a jumper...

Last edited:
How did Kidd have a higher peak? You're talking about him leading the Nets to Back 2 Back finals run? Stockton did the same thing bro...

Any particular reason you didn't post the rebounding numbers?

Or triple doubles?

and sure, they both went to back to back finals... but one went to another finals, and won it.

Please tell me he was just ring chasing and wasn't a leader in any sense on that team, just along for the ride.

it's a shame how few people recognize that there is much more to basketball then just scoring. if I hear "He's a better scorer, so he's a better player" one more time...

He also played with Karl Malone. Kidd never got to play bedsides another true all-star in his prime or a hall of fame coach like Sloan. It's not a fact and it's just my opinion but I think Kidd during that couple years on the Nets was a better player than Stockton ever was.

Exactly what I thought.

I'm not even gonna...

Last edited:
Thanks for the memories. Enjoy the time with your family.

View media item 440309
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Oh my heart. And ring chasing is a silly term to me.

All you need to know..

Stockton's career numbers:

52% career shooter

15,806 assists - No. 1 in NBA history

3,265 steals - No. 1 in NBA history

19711 points.

What more could you ask for in a point guard?

Only thing Kidd has on Stockton is 3 pointers made. Looking where Kidd ranks on that list would have you thinking he had a jumper...
I'm not knocking Stockton in ANY WAY because he's that dude, but are you stating he is the #1 PG of all time? He isn't. The best PG of all time is Magic Johnson and it's going to stay that way for an extremely long time.

Magic was nice but c'mon bro look at his teammates and it's not Magic's fault but you have to take that into account...

You put an average pg with that squad and he's blacking out.

but again Magic was nice and had great court vision.

Not knocking Stockton as well, dude was classic. But I guess what makes Kidd better in my eyes is the fact that he went to 5 different teams and put his stamp on 'em is a testament to the kind of player he is. Honestly, if you can call Nash a system point guard then Stockton might be in the same boat.

Magic was nice but c'mon bro look at his teammates and it's not Magic's fault but you have to take that into account...

You put an average pg with that squad and he's blacking out.

but again Magic was nice and had great court vision.
No disrespect to the other great PGs, but Magic is the best PG the NBA has ever seen. You put an average PG with his squad and he's "blacking out"? Are you serious? That is so wrong it's not funny and I'm not flaming you on any accord.

An average PG is not 6'9 255 lbs and can run the floor like a track star. An average pg is not going to average 10+ assists and 15 ppg with that squad. It's just not happening.

I shouldn't have even asked that question lol

Its hard to say who was better Kidd or Stockton, but Kidd > Thomas is easy IMO.

Kerry Kittles, Keith Van Horn, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, Jason Bwatty Boy Collins all should give thanks to based god for Kidd showing up in NJ.

I wished Toni didn't **** up the first run in Dallas. And man did I have high hopes for Blonde Kidd and Penny as a backcourt

Magic is def the best PG in history. The way he played, and his play making ability had never really been seen before. Can't say first because you still have Bob Cousy, Havlicek, & Pete Maravich who were some of the first few early flashy guards in the league. Don't forget his ROOKIE SEASON with Kareem out with an ankle injury in the NBA Finals, and he played CENTER and dropped 42/15/7 :pimp:

In their prime playing days though, I would most definitely take J.Kidd over Stockton. Stockton had one of the all-time leading scorers in Karl Malone to dish the ball to for a good chunk of those assists. Not to mention he had Hornacek on the wing spotting up hitting 3s for him as well. Ostertag & Antoine Carr for what they were as well down low.

It is just that Kidd was more dynamic of a PG and did more with less on his team as far as talent goes. Like they said he left an impact on every team he played for and gave them an instant play maker, spot up shooter and decent defender. I really would have liked to see Stockton play in a system outside of Utah with no Mailman putting up baseline fade away jumpers. But the

Man I thought this was supposed to Jason Kidd APPRECIATION post, not who's the better PG? post.

Just appreciate the man.

[quote name="JD617"]CP3 >>> Kidd[/quote]Lost. [quote name="JD617"]Stockton >>> Kidd[/quote]Your. [quote name="JD617"]Nash > Kidd[/quote]Freaking. [quote name="JD617"]Payton > Kidd[/quote]Mind.

Back
Top Bottom