Jason Witten gone for the year. Time to prep for 2009

Im hearing Witten is done for the year. Either way, this team wasn't beating a hungry philly team in they own house.

So...what off season changes should we make?

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Im hearing Witten is done for the year. Either way, this team wasn't beating a hungry philly team in they own house.

get a quarterback that isnt turnover prone/ a choke artist.

^^ Didn't know Romo gave up two 80 yard rushing TD's back to back, one being by a fullback weighing 300 pounds

Source?
grin.gif

If Witten is gone, BOOM goes our 2008 season.
ohwell.gif

^^ Didn't know Romo gave up two 80 yard rushing TD's back to back, one being by a fullback weighing 300 pounds

im not gonna blame Romo, but it should have never came down to the forth quarter at all.

edit: what did Witten hurt. I swear i said witten got hurt after every catch he made today.

Too many issues. We can blame Wade but bottom line, it's just these players who aren't that good. The same thing would have happened under Parcells.They couldn't handle Parcells' intensity and now they can't perform under Wade's easy-going style. Jerry Jones is a big part of the blame and Ihonestly don't know if they will seriously be back to legit contention until he lets go of his role as GM. He will just bring in some more puppets to getwhat he wants when we know he's not the best football mind out there, he just writes the checks.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

get a quarterback that isnt turnover prone/ a choke artist.

Shots fired.

yes but he threw 2 interceptions basically to ed reed just standing there and overthrew a wide open austin. tiem and time again he fails to stepup in teh big game and makes big mistakes.

yes the defense sucks also.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

yes but he threw 2 interceptions basically to ed reed just standing there and overthrew a wide open austin. tiem and time again he fails to step up in teh big game and makes big mistakes.

so last week all of a sudden wasn't a big game where he threw for 244 yds, 2 TDs, all the while playing with a lower back contusion?

You guys kill me. Whenever Romo loses, its a big game. But when he wins, he's "supposed to win." Giants last week was a must win game. He threwzero picks.

yes but he threw 2 interceptions basically to ed reed just standing there and overthrew a wide open austin. tiem and time again he fails to step up in teh big game and makes big mistakes.

so last week all of a sudden wasn't a big game where he threw for 244 yds, 2 TDs, all the while playing with a lower back contusion?

You guys kill me. Whenever Romo loses, its a big game. But when he wins, he's "supposed to win." Giants last week was a must win game. He threw zero picks.
and the week before that the steelers game was a big game. & he choked that one away with a turnover. Hey look at that he is a choke artistthat is turnover prone.

You guys kill me. Whenever Romo loses, its a big game. But when he wins, he's "supposed to win." Giants last week was a must win game. He threw zero picks.

True he threw zero picks....but he fumbled twice. Romo has a knack for making critical errors in clutch situations. You cant deny it. PLus the steelers game,which I dont have to explain what happened.

That's my quarterback, man.

It's not easy to defend Tony all the time, but at the end of the day, there are very few at the position better than him. Bring up the late season andplayoff record or whatever, but it is what it is; the quarterback is always the scapegoat on the field. Every loss isn't just his fault.

Nobody that the Cowboys could sign or draft this summer are better than him, and there aren't but 5-7 in the league now better, so what are you going todo?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

That's my quarterback, man.

It's not easy to defend Tony all the time, but at the end of the day, there are very few at the position better than him. Bring up the late season and playoff record or whatever, but it is what it is; the quarterback is always the scapegoat on the field. Every loss isn't just his fault.

Nobody that the Cowboys could sign or draft this summer are better than him, and there aren't but 5-7 in the league now better, so what are you going to do?
that is true somewhat. But the majority of the time when the cowboys lose its because romo is turning the ball over too much. Just face it, romois a turnover machine, he is still a good quarterback. I just wouldnt want him on my team, he also has a knack for ensuring the cowboys dont win playoff games.

Im still trying to figure out how the steelers game was a must win game when we gained a playoff birth from that loss
laugh.gif

And Romo fumbled once in the Giants game and that wasn't his fault. His lineman stood still while he got rushed by 6 dudes.

Lol @ a "knack for ensuring his team doesnt win playoff games."

Hes been a whopping two playoff games. %**...

And how did he choke in the ravens game when he put up 2 TDs in less than 3 minutes on two drives? I could have sworn choking is directly correlated to the endof games, not the 2nd quarter
laugh.gif

Man even my girl who is under romos 'dreamy eyed I'm the qb of the dallas cowboys' spell said romo is a choke artist ... she said he needs to hanghimself with jessica simpsons g string ... I told her a g string isn't strong enough to kill romo and she said he's a frail %*#$%

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Man even my girl who is under romos 'dreamy eyed I'm the qb of the dallas cowboys' spell said romo is a choke artist ... she said he needs to hang himself with jessica simpsons g string ... I told her a g string isn't strong enough to kill romo and she said he's a frail %*#$%
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Man even my girl who is under romos 'dreamy eyed I'm the qb of the dallas cowboys' spell said romo is a choke artist ... she said he needs to hang himself with jessica simpsons g string ... I told her a g string isn't strong enough to kill romo and she said he's a frail %*#$%

laugh.gif

MARTELLUS BENNET FTW.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i been sayin this! Dont get me wrong Witten is a great blocker, reciever, andteammate. Martelles is a damn freak of nature! If any linebacker tries to go one on one with martellus, CALL IT A @#$#*## NIGHT!

Im not saying this like i would take martellus over witten, but he is a pretty solid fall back! You know TO is giddy as *%$# right now!

Back
Top Bottom