Jason Witten gone for the year. Time to prep for 2009

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Whats up with this "gone for the year" talk? The Cowboys only have one game left
laugh.gif
Damn

Might have been wrong. Was hearing it on the official Dallas cowboys forum. Could have just been a angry dude at the loss and felt like making #%#+ up. Butit's make sense. He limped off the field every so often.

Also, when you look at this realistically, something NT usually fails to do, this game was not a must win game compared to last week. I still dont understandthis *%%+. The Steelers was a "big game", Romo loses, and hes no good. The Giants game was a must win game, he plays almst flawless with a backcontusion; zero credit. Then he loses last night, and again "loses a big game." The Giants game was more of a must win that the Ravens game if youfailed to notice. If we lost to the Giants, we would be practically eliminated from the playoffs because that means Atlanta and the Bears have the betterconference record. But by losing to the Ravens, we still have tie breakers over all the other teams. Atlanta or Tampa has to lose today which is likely and wecontrol our own destiny once more. Had we lost to the Giants, not only would Tampa and Atlanta have to lose two games, but we would need the Bears to lose twogames as well as the Eagles.

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Source? I don't see this anywhere

Becuase its not true. He has a sprained knee. His status for next week is in doubt but if they make the playoffs he could be back.

Jason Witten Not Out for Season

http://cowboysblog.dallas...ay-vs-eagles-but-wil.html

Jason Witten is a medical mess. He's dealt with a dislocated shoulder and broken rib this season. He's played the last couple weeks on a sprained ankle that is swollen and purple. Now he has a sprained knee.

Any doubt he'll play next week in Philadelphia?

"I'll be able to go," Witten said as he hobbled out of the Texas Stadium locker room for the last time.

Unless the Falcons or Bucs lose today, next week's Cowboys-Eagles game will basically have nothing at stake except for pride.

Back
Top Bottom