jay electronica ... the new RAKIM

I can't really agree or disagree since I haven't heard much from dude. But comparing him to a legend when he hasn't accomplished a 1/10th of whatthat man did? Seems a bit foolish but I have no say in this fight. You could be right for all I know.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I can't really agree or disagree since I haven't heard much from dude. But comparing him to a legend when he hasn't accomplished a 1/10th of what that man did? Seems a bit foolish

Dude gotta get some material out there....comparing him to a LEGEND like Rakim is a bit much considering the small sample of Jay Electronica's work. Heneeds to make a name for himself before saying something like that....

I can't really agree or disagree since I haven't heard much from dude. But comparing him to a legend when he hasn't accomplished a 1/10th of what that man did? Seems a bit foolish but I have no say in this fight. You could be right for all I know.
In other words, FOH.

I dont even know who dude is other than he gotta kid wit Erykah Badu but I pretty sure he aint Rakim

hes not. hes the new new. and the fact that you dont know who he is makes me know not to take you seriously.

Originally Posted by pay jape

hes not. hes the new new. and the fact that you dont know who he is makes me know not to take you seriously.
that's funny.

jay electronica ... the new RAKIM

grin.gif

This N been on the scene since 03/04 and hasnt even come close to putting a album out and dudes want to say he's the new rakim...smh

Lyrically, I can compare him to Nas, and yes I'm completely serious. It's been forever since he's dropped anything though.

Let Jay be the new Jay.. because to be a new "___" you have to at least similar in styles.. they aren't at all.. His flow/wordplay/voice/demeanoris waaaaaaaaaaay different than rakims. the only way they compare is that they won't ever completely get the respect they deserve.

and If anything he's a new improved (x1000000000000000) Mf Doom.

I do't think he is going to far in saying Jay could be the next Rakim, Rakim was the first to start speaking about God in hip hop, making heavy 5% nation ,nation os islam references that i could remember (yeah i'm a old hip-hop head). I came to this tread because i noticed on Jay Elect's song "my UZI WEIGHS A TON) he's actually using Rakims flow, he changed some words? I was like what!? then i listened to the beat it was the same Rakim beat. Then i realized that this guy is an old school vet of the game he's not a young man hes 33 and Mf Doom is even older. Doom gotta be in He's 40's cause i was like 12 when this guy was KMD ,For those that dont know MF Doom was KMD his first hit was "peach fuzz". The spirit that Jay is giving to the game feels the same way it did when Rakim was coming it feels the same.I think Jay has the potential to impact he game like Rakim or 2pac if he can keep this up, and this is without an album! The album hasnt even dropped and the buzz is huge. This is that underground spirit

I do't think he is going to far in saying Jay could be the next Rakim, Rakim was the first to start speaking about God in hip hop, making heavy 5% nation ,nation os islam references that i could remember (yeah i'm a old hip-hop head). I came to this tread because i noticed on Jay Elect's song "my UZI WEIGHS A TON) he's actually using Rakims flow, he changed some words? I was like what!? then i listened to the beat it was the same Rakim beat. Then i realized that this guy is an old school vet of the game he's not a young man hes 33 and Mf Doom is even older. Doom gotta be in He's 40's cause i was like 12 when this guy was KMD ,For those that dont know MF Doom was KMD his first hit was "peach fuzz". The spirit that Jay is giving to the game feels the same way it did when Rakim was coming it feels the same.I think Jay has the potential to impact he game like Rakim or 2pac if he can keep this up, and this is without an album! The album hasnt even dropped and the buzz is huge. This is that underground spirit

3 year bump doe?

1 month approval process can we please have it back

:stoneface: These multi year bumps are irritating as hell, especially for threads that appear multiple times throughout a single year anyway, or for rappers whose major label studio albums won't see the light of day.

Spider Loc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec
Red Cafe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec
Mazaradi Fox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec
Nyce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay Elec
Young Hot Rod >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec

Regardless of how big his category is... if you analyzed his category NOW you would have to say he is one of the best to ever do it.  To me, Jay Electronica is in a class of his own.. if I had to use one rapper to make the case for hip-hop as a well respected and dignified form of art I would use him.  His music is just so powerful, divine in a sense.

Last edited:
[QUOTE name="rocyaice"]

I can't really agree or disagree since I haven't heard much from dude. But comparing him to a legend when he hasn't accomplished a 1/10th of what that man did? Seems a bit foolish but I have no say in this fight. You could be right for all I know.

In other words, FOH.

[/quote]

Basically. NTers say the dumbest things. Especially in the music forum.

:stoneface: These multi year bumps are irritating as hell, especially for threads that appear multiple times throughout a single year anyway, or for rappers whose major label studio albums won't see the light of day.
Spider Loc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec
Red Cafe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec
Mazaradi Fox >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec
Nyce >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jay Elec
Young Hot Rod >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay Elec

Stupid claim by OP but Jay's worst song is better than any of these guys best work.

Back
Top Bottom