Jay-Z, Gay Marriage: Obama's New Stance Is 'The Right Thing To Do' (VIDEO)

The parallels between the current fight for marriage equality and the civil rights movement are that both are responses to discrimination and the unequal treatment under the law. This does not mean that those who make this obvious comparison believe that there are no significant differences between the roots and methods of discrimination against ethnic/racial groups and those against the LGBT community. Such conversations should not devolve into a sort of "Olympics of suffering" to see who has it worse. The point of drawing comparisons between current discrimination against the LGBT community and the civil rights movement in the U.S. is to showcase that discrimination against a minority group, for nothing more than a part of their identity that is not chosen, will not stand. Should we forget that the civil rights movement was influenced, and itself influenced many other fights against discrimination?

I really don't care anymore about any opinion of anyone. However, I wish they would stop comparing it the racial discrimination of blacks. IT IS NOT THE SAME! People are born black, whether they like it or not. People are not born homosexual, it is a choice.

First Huey P. Newton, now Jay-Z
roll.gif

All your heroes are going to the dark side

Reading this hurt at least a couple NTers feelings
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I really don't care anymore about any opinion of anyone. However, I wish they would stop comparing it the racial discrimination of blacks. IT IS NOT THE SAME! People are born black, whether they like it or not. People are not born homosexual, it is a choice.
Stop with the self-hate, man.

Originally Posted by Hizzle

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

But hes right. 

I'm sure he knows that the struggles leading up to the civil rights action taken in both situations are very different.  But in the end they are 2 groups that were/are denied civil liberties and are working to become equal on a human level.
no hes not right. being discriminated because your black is a racial issue. gay people are not a race they are a group who chooses how to live their life. black people did not choose to be black and asian people do not choose to be asian and mexicans do not choose to be mexican. its a totally different thing. 

Even if people chose to be gay (they don't), it wouldn't matter. Because that would mean that people choose to be straight and they're allowed the right. Therefore, consenting adults who choose to be gay should also be allowed the right.
im not saying they shouldnt have rights, im just saying dont compare gay people's situation to the racism that exists against black people and all the other races its a totally different thing.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

roll.gif

Reading this hurt at least a couple NTers feelings
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously... wait until Kanye either starts publicly supporting gay marriage or just comes out of the closet. There will be blood

roll.gif
@ Everyone's heroes coming out to say what a lot of y'all have been arguing against - that civil rights is civil rights.

laugh.gif

I agree, for the record.

People ARE born homosexual. It is NOT a choice.When you are being born, hormones are distributed from both your Father & Mother. In someone who is born homosexual, these hormones are not balanced/distributed correctly, ex. A boy is given more of the hormones from her mother, don't you think he will act more like a female? I can't believe it's 2012 and you think people just wake up one morning and decide to be homosexual. Grow up bruh.You're going to have a very harsh reality if one day your son or daughter is homosexual.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

I guess Jay Z. must be saying it political gain too, right?
That's the only reason he said that.
laugh.gif
 @ anyone actually believing him.  Have you heard some of his lyrics and the way he uses the F word for homosexuals in an ignorant/derogatory way?  And now he supports Gay Marriage.. .yeah OK! 
roll.gif

Somewhere out there Deuce King is trying to figure out how to change his avy.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

laugh.gif
 @ anyone actually believing him.  Have you heard some of his lyrics and the way he uses the F word for homosexuals in an ignorant/derogatory way?  And now he supports Gay Marriage.. .yeah OK! 
roll.gif
I'm sure Jay-Z has worked hand and hand with his share of homosexuals on his way towards a billie enough to respect them...he ain't no street dude no more and hasn't been for a long time...i believe his stance is legit...

laugh.gif
roll.gif
It's called a change of heart. It's obviously a foreign concept to you, considering I've seen what you post in these threads.

Originally Posted by Regis

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know Deuce saw this and got SO HEATED
laugh.gif

I can't believe some people still think being gay is a choice. It's a chemical imbalance/chromosome issue that leads to homosexuality.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

laugh.gif
roll.gif
I'm sure Jay-Z has worked hand and hand with his share of homosexuals on his way towards a billie enough to respect them...he ain't no street dude no more and hasn't been for a long time...i believe his stance is legit...

No doubts. Dude has a parking pass at the WH now, owns the Nets, has his own clothing line, record company, etc...etc..  He has a public image to portray for the good of his business so what do you expect him to say?   Gotta be political correct in this day and time!  

Originally Posted by Regis

Only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong champ.  It really doesn't matter if I share the same viewpoint as Jay Z on this matter or not.  He has his opinion and I have mine.

roll.gif

You must really think all black people follow under one leader or march to the beat of one person don't you??

people like you who just choose to be ignorant really are the worst kind of person.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I can't believe some people still think being gay is a choice. It's a chemical imbalance/chromosome issue that leads to homosexuality.
da bible told dem so

Originally Posted by wsdesigner14

The parallels between the current fight for marriage equality and the civil rights movement are that both are responses to discrimination and the unequal treatment under the law. This does not mean that those who make this obvious comparison believe that there are no significant differences between the roots and methods of discrimination against ethnic/racial groups and those against the LGBT community. Such conversations should not devolve into a sort of "Olympics of suffering" to see who has it worse. The point of drawing comparisons between current discrimination against the LGBT community and the civil rights movement in the U.S. is to showcase that discrimination against a minority group, for nothing more than a part of their identity that is not chosen, will not stand. Should we forget that the civil rights movement was influenced, and itself influenced many other fights against discrimination?
I just came in here to post this video after reading some of the ignorant posts on the first page. Thank you for your great post and Mr. Dyson speaks the truth!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

nerd.gif
 do you have proof? (srs)

Back
Top Bottom