[| -- Jay-Z & Mary J Blige: The 2008 "Heart Of The City" Tour -- |]

Originally Posted by FWA III

jay should've went w/ kanye, but i know jay ain't taking half of nothing and won't be an opening act.
[h3][| -- Jay-Z & Mary J Blige: The 2008 "Heart Of The City" Tour -- |][/h3]
?

this tour was a'ight... but it ain't touching kanye's.

jay should've went w/ kanye, but i know jay ain't taking half of nothing and won't be an opening act.

laugh.gif
Are you insinuating that if Jay and Kanye toured together that Jay would open for Kanye?!?!?!
roll.gif
this dude......

roll.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
%*%@ was crazy.....better than i expected...me and my bra(ayoHOV--tha lucky bastard who caught hov's yankee lol) were probly tha only 2 whitedudes in tha buildin who knew every song word for word......not ta mention i got to fire up some good good bay area grapes
tongue.gif
..........................and man i was wilin when he did that "Jiggawhat, jigga who" joint
laugh.gif
....that was dope as hell........props tomary j too she banged out.....

recorded some videos of them doin can't knock tha hustle...and Song Cry wit mary on tha chorus....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ima upload em soon

6th ROW BOI!!!!!! YEZZIR

Originally Posted by LA Fitted Hat 310

Originally Posted by flipknoc

I think people that come back from retirement should be sued.

I spent a grip on tickets to Jay-Z's "farewell tour" in Staples
mad.gif
mad.gif

That was the best one, I would trade that Staples show with the Hollywood Bowl anyyy day...
co sign! Jay Mary DMX Red Meth Pharrell Snoop Busta Staples Center 2004.. INSANE

good show. worth every penny (except that $25 for parking
mad.gif
) MJB was veryimpressive.however what was all these "fans" down during Can I Live
were probly tha only 2 white dudes in tha buildin who knew every song word for word
that makes 3 of us then.

the nerve of this dude
laugh.gif

ayohov,

you caught that sh*t??? i remember u from the lupe show in SF...

did u catch it clean? cause i seen hella commotion when he threw it...

I didn't know Jay signed the fitted he threw away at each show that's a good look. I regret not recording his DJ set when he was playing snippets ofhis songs.

If I hear he does "Dear Summer" @ the NY show I'll be pissed.

Originally Posted by ayoHOV

Originally Posted by duckdafraft

ive been trying to find out but no luck....

btw show was
pimp.gif
in oakland tonight......2nd row.

props to fellow nt'er AYOHOV on catching that hat
nerd.gif

haha yessir! im still juiced about it...didnt have to fight for it nothing. like dude threw it straight at me. i dont have any pics of him wearing the hat because he only wore it during the real love remix and i tried to take a pic but i ended up catchin the hat. fair trade right? im feelin like this
eek.gif
glasses.gif
happy.gif
pimp.gif

hovconcert001pg1.jpg

hovconcert003gm6.jpg

hovconcert004qi3.jpg

hovconcert005cs1.jpg

and for the super stans...his hat size.
hovconcert006so1.jpg

heres the vid of him throwing out the hat...

as much as i would've like to see kanye and jay could've toured together, but it wouldn't work.

jay would've had to work with the minimum cause kanye's set.

and jay would've had to take less money because kanye would demand a bigger chunk of the cash

that alone would crash the tour.

WOW!!!!! the show here in Detroit was CRAZY!!!!! last night. the palace rocked harder than a pistons game. Jay-Z had everybody hype with all the songs he did,but Mary J got the crowd going with her old school hits and be without you and she definitely did her thing

Just got home from the show at the UC. I was in section 310 row 10...pretty high up , but we were looking straight on at the stage. You know what, MJB did herthing. She gave an awesome performance, and seeing the women straight wild out during her set was impressive.

Jay was Jay. For some reason I felt like it lacked something. He's a great performer, but I would've like a more personal touch. It felt like the sameperformance he had given at previous venues. "U Dont Know", "Jigga My -----", PSA, and 99 Problems were all great. The part of the actwhere Jay plays snippets of songs irked me cause I wanted to hear those songs. "Lucifer", "What We Do", "Hello Brooklyn".....ohwell.

The stage was really nice, super clear big screen, and the vocals were on point, although the instrumentals over took Jay at time.

Overall it was a fun evening. Jay is the god MC.

Oh, and some dude got jumped by like 5 guys. He was laying on the street when a cop ran over and the group ran away. Police came but nothing happened.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Just got home from the show at the UC. I was in section 310 row 10...pretty high up , but we were looking straight on at the stage. You know what, MJB did her thing. She gave an awesome performance, and seeing the women straight wild out during her set was impressive.

Jay was Jay. For some reason I felt like it lacked something. He's a great performer, but I would've like a more personal touch. It felt like the same performance he had given at previous venues. "U Dont Know", "Jigga My -----", PSA, and 99 Problems were all great. The part of the act where Jay plays snippets of songs irked me cause I wanted to hear those songs. "Lucifer", "What We Do", "Hello Brooklyn".....oh well.

The stage was really nice, super clear big screen, and the vocals were on point, although the instrumentals over took Jay at time.

Oh, and some dude got jumped by like 5 guys. He was laying on the street when a cop ran over and the group ran away. Police came but nothing happened.
I was thoroughly impressed by MJB ... she was singing one song, I think "I'm goin down" or "No more drama" and actuallystarted crying... almost choked me up. I had to G-check myself
laugh.gif

They had they even flashed The Cakester for a brief second
laugh.gif
but anyway it was a damn good show... here are some of the pics I took

30ud0dk.jpg

22g8ig.jpg
160ew61.jpg
2ebv5ms.jpg
30nacd3.jpg
308cpa8.jpg
vpkp6e.jpg

mn2u5k.jpg

I know this is entirely unimportant but just curious

When The Dream was done performing, did he go into a small "stand-up" like piece and started talking to the audience with things such as " Wegot the ballers here in the middle row, payin' $300 for a ticket, Shiiiiit you guys are crazy $19.99 on DVD #%*@+ damn"

It went something like that

Did he do that for every show?

Also something not important but curious about did he do the Mavado joint "On The Rock"? he did it here in Toronto but the West Indian community hereis one of the biggest so it made sense to play it here, don't know if people caught on to the song to perform in other cities.

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

I know this is entirely unimportant but just curious

When The Dream was done performing, did he go into a small "stand-up" like piece and started talking to the audience with things such as " We got the ballers here in the middle row, payin' $300 for a ticket, Shiiiiit you guys are crazy $19.99 on DVD #%*@+ damn"

It went something like that

Did he do that for every show?

He sure did....then he's like..." I know what ya'll are thinkin....this dude was nice but he needs to get the hell off the stagenow."

roll.gif

His stage was mad corny too. 2 basketball hoops with wack christmas lights around the backboard
laugh.gif

He sang well though.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Just got home from the show at the UC. I was in section 310 row 10...pretty high up , but we were looking straight on at the stage. You know what, MJB did her thing. She gave an awesome performance, and seeing the women straight wild out during her set was impressive.

Jay was Jay. For some reason I felt like it lacked something. He's a great performer, but I would've like a more personal touch. It felt like the same performance he had given at previous venues. "U Dont Know", "Jigga My -----", PSA, and 99 Problems were all great. The part of the act where Jay plays snippets of songs irked me cause I wanted to hear those songs. "Lucifer", "What We Do", "Hello Brooklyn".....oh well.

I was in section 309 row 7

Back
Top Bottom