Jay-Z = Monster of the double entendre vol. Hovi Baby

Damn this joint came up on my ipod and I just have to shake my head every time. Has there been a better display of flow and wordplay in recent memory? Idon't think so. Can't even just bold these lines, !*#$ needs color coding
smh.gif

Follow the flow, look
They say a ****** standin on the giant's shoulder can see much
further than the giant.. (the giant..)
So I got the WHOLE rap world on my shoulder they tryin to see
further than I am.. (than I am..)
And I have been tryin to be patient with they preoccupation
with David and Goliath.. (Goliath..)
But sooner or later, that patience gonna run it's course
and I'm forced to be a tyrant.. (be a tyrant..)
But bein tyrant, comin through your environment
Iron mask, #%@%# iron gas, #%@%# I am back
With "The Team," no I in that
R.O.C., y'all not eyein that
Y'all don't see, clearly cause the reign/rain ain't gone
"The Dynasty," no not Ming but Shawn's
Dame, Kareems, #%@%# it's the gangsta team
Stop your run, one of the reasons that they call us gangrene/gang green
The other reason, we got a gang of green
If there's better at gettin cheddar that remains to be seen, #%@%#

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Jeah, jeah

I ain't even gonna do the whole song, too...much...wordplay
heartattack.jpg

<param name="movie" value=""></param><paramname="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src=""type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

a3835b5eec5ea6e269d501e3ae76aa3e0c278af.gif

Rav why do I get the feeling you made this after getting annoyed with the Kanye fans in that other thread?
laugh.gif

In any event, this is why Hov is my favorite rapper.

Yeah his flow on there is so crazy...when I first bought BP2 it took me like 2days to get past this song...

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Rav why do I get the feeling you made this after getting annoyed with the Kanye fans in that other thread?
laugh.gif

In any event, this is why Hov is my favorite rapper.
Not even fam lol. I ain't even thinking bout them cause really I seen this coming. At this point Ye has amassed a such a strong following thatit almost doesn't matter what he puts out...and unfortunately for us, he knows that. Thus, we're getting these songs. I just really hope thisdoesn't leak into Jay's songs
tired.gif

The boy STILL playing with words.

It's not even like he fell off and became irrelevent which a lot of people now a days fail to realize.

Good thread Rav
pimp.gif
can't say I disagree....

as far as some of the BEST wordplay i've heard in a while was on Lupe's dumb it down....

You right DoubleJs, Lupe has shown some of that brilliance. It's really a rare breed that can flip words like that.

Its like Jays lyrics go up in value when u write them down and analyze it on some Nostradamus %!@

mad.gif
i hate YUKU like i hate disease!!!!

it wont let me edit my post but i disagree with the ******/giant's shoulder saying. lil kim cant see further sittin on top of Optimus Primes shoulders cuzshe wouldnt even reach HIS line of sight. no hate but that line has always bothered me, like that one annoying +$$ fly at a cookout, you're enjoyingyourself but things would be better if it wasnt for that fly.

i bet nobody understood a word i just typed.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

At this point Ye has amassed a such a strong following that it almost doesn't matter what he puts out...and unfortunately for us, he knows that. Thus, we're getting these songs. I just really hope this doesn't leak into Jay's songs
tired.gif
Preach...
tired.gif

Hovi Baby...what can I say. On my top 5 of favorite Jay-Z tracks...I remember coppin' the album and when I got to it I had the
smh.gif
x
sick.gif
combo going on...he molested that **@**.
smh.gif

If yuku wasn't actin' like a **@** right now, I'd make a BP 2 appreciation thread
eyes.gif
...album is underrated.
pimp.gif

Yup! Hovi's home, the global phone
The world is back in order the number one rap recorder is back
You cats overfelt yourself
You couldn't help yourself, now witness the real/reel, forreal
In my absence, cats get, absent-minded
Now it's time to rewind and remind 'em
why I'm in the position that I am

pimp.gif

as for the post.

"if they did it, i done it before, you get it? I had it, got mad at it and don't want it no more"

Vibe doesn't like "Hovi Baby."
smh.gif
They actually didn't like about a third of his songs it seems.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Good thread Rav
pimp.gif
can't say I disagree....

as far as some of the BEST wordplay i've heard in a while was on Lupe's dumb it down....
Who you tellin. Lupe had me
eek.gif
. Ppl sleep on Hov cause of hisage and the whole Def Jam ordeal. But dude nice. I'm still trippin off Guns and Roses "Even a broken clocks right at least two times a day"
glasses.gif

its funny I actuually have to argue with ppl when I tell them Bp2 is my favorite jay album for some reason peoople jus don't grasp all the stuff jay hitson this album definate classic and that song is def appreciated

Back
Top Bottom