Jay-Z Opening the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with 8 Shows (Sept-October)

Jay isn't in that stage of his career anymore, plain and simple. Why do think he stopped the Friend or Foe series? He's done with all that stuff.

So has it been the same set list every night or?
And hows the security when it comes to smoking? Ill be in the $40 seats.

I had the $30 seats. Dudes were lighting up every where :lol:

Glad I got to see Can I Live live :pimp:

Jay isn't in that stage of his career anymore, plain and simple. Why do think he stopped the Friend or Foe series? He's done with all that stuff.

"Friend of Foe" series...??? Uhhhh...2 songs does not make it a "series". Also, he stopped Friend or Foe on his 2nd album. Don't give me that "he's done with all that stuff". Well, I mean it does appear that he is done with that stuff...that doesn't mean he can't/won't perform them. You sound foolish.

Death of Autotune
So Ghetto
It's Hot (Some Like It Hot)
The Originators
The entire "American Gangster" album
You Don't Know
You Don't Know remix
4 Alarm Blaze.

I literally could go on and on. Cut it out.

I went to last nights show and it was solid. I can't believe some of the comments in here complaining about the shows but then again I can. This is NT and unless Jay shows up coming down from the rafters with and then performing with Big, Pac and MJ reincarnated on stage people will not be impressed due to their "expectations" not being meant.

Show was solid. Was it as good as my last time seeing Jay at Yankees stadium? No but I thought it was good and I loved the second set when he came out and performed some tracks he usually doesn't perform like What More Can I Say.

My only knock is I would like Jay to stop finishing his shows with Forever Young.....I think he could use a stronger closing song like Allure or just finish with Encore to complete both sets.

I went to last nights show and it was solid. I can't believe some of the comments in here complaining about the shows but then again I can. This is NT and unless Jay shows up coming down from the rafters with and then performing with Big, Pac and MJ reincarnated on stage people will not be impressed due to their "expectations" not being meant.

Show was solid. Was it as good as my last time seeing Jay at Yankees stadium? No but I thought it was good and I loved the second set when he came out and performed some tracks he usually doesn't perform like What More Can I Say.

My only knock is I would like Jay to stop finishing his shows with Forever Young.....I think he could use a stronger closing song like Allure or just finish with Encore to complete both sets.

I hope he sneaks Allure into his set when I go see him :lol:

One of my favorite Jay tracks :smokin

Ive seen Jay a few times and my only complaint is I have yet to see a show like what Kanye did with GITD Tour.

I went with my girl, and afterwards I pretty much said it was a good show... but the Watch The Throne tour made this look like childs play. It's crazy how much Kanye's touch really add's to a show. I had fun, and glad I went, but dude was opening a stadium in his home town, he should have gone ALL OUT. Really wasn't even 1/3 of what WTT was.

Mods if this is not allowed delete, I'm just trying to help an Niketalker out I have an extra seat for Friday nights show (nosebleed) if you're interested in the ticket pm me. Just want the $40 I paid for it

I am a Brooklynite and I don't get people saying that Jay had to go "all out". Jay put on a good show....I don't know what else some of you want.

This is the problem with people being objective....you went to this concert with the idea in your mind that Jay is opening the arena and should go "all out" (Whatever that means) and if he didn't go "all out" for the show you attended then you would be disappointed. With that logic you pretty much set yourself up for disappointment when you let your expectations dictate your assessment of the show. If Jay didn't do what you had in mind for the show then its viewed as not good enough. :smh:

Going tonight... Can't wait 8) :smokin

Looking forward to seeing some of the tracks I haven't seen him do live before... Hopefully a couple surprise tracks too :nerd:

Last edited:
Jay-Z launching YouTube original channel with free streaming concert

If you can’t make it down to the Barclays Center in Brooklyn to see Jay Z christen "the most high-tech stadium in sports," you can at least check out the show from the comfort of your own home this Saturday at 9:30PM ET. To launch his Life and Times YouTube original channel partnership, Young Hova will be streaming the final night of his eight-show engagement online, free of charge.

"Jay-Z is re-introducing himself to an online audience"

As USA Today reports, Life and Times is an extension of the identically-named lifestyle site, launched in the spring of 2011. While the site already produces short clips ranging from interviews with artists to art and technology coverage, the original channel will add much more programming, including a documentary series on the Brooklyn Nets, of which Jay-Z is part owner. "We’re approaching this channel and programming it, not at the level of an MTV or a BET — at least, not yet — but really programming it as a real channel that will have regular content," said the channel’s chief creative officer Michael Hirschorn.

Life and Times is just one of many original channels that YouTube has been rolling out since its official announcement a year ago, like that of our sister site, SB Nation. YouTube is spending an unprecedented $200 million to market the content, in an effort to compete more directly with television for viewer attention and advertising dollars. And so far, things appear to be working. Last month, Ad Age reported that of the more than 100 channels that have launched, 20 are picking up a million views a week, and 25 have more than 100,000 subscribers.

Link

Last edited:
I am a Brooklynite and I don't get people saying that Jay had to go "all out". Jay put on a good show....I don't know what else some of you want.
This is the problem with people being objective....you went to this concert with the idea in your mind that Jay is opening the arena and should go "all out" (Whatever that means) and if he didn't go "all out" for the show you attended then you would be disappointed. With that logic you pretty much set yourself up for disappointment when you let your expectations dictate your assessment of the show. If Jay didn't do what you had in mind for the show then its viewed as not good enough. :smh:

When you consider the fact that 2 years ago for the Home and Home shows he had a ton of guests, I'd have hoped for AT least one when he was opening a stadium where he is from... but my show didn't have a single guest. With that being said, still a little disappointed.

Shooters on my team...No really, I got shooters on my team!

:lol:

Last edited:

Sadly in 2012 people expect to go to shows and expect guests like it's mandatory. See, when I went Made In America in Philly I went with the mindset that the show will be Hov solo (minus the Philly reunion I heard about a few days prior). I didn't expect Swizz, and G.O.O.D. Music was a total shocker.

Sadly in 2012 people expect to go to shows and expect guests like it's mandatory. See, when I went Made In America in Philly I went with the mindset that the show will be Hov solo (minus the Philly reunion I heard about a few days prior). I didn't expect Swizz, and G.O.O.D. Music was a total shocker.

Couldn't agree more. People's expectations are quite ridiculous. If they don't get guest they criticize the performance instead on judging it on what it is supposed to be about (the performance of the artist and how he or she engages with the crowd.).

i aint gonna lie, i was gonna go but was pooh pooh da show so much it made me 2nd guess it, and now that he's streamin da show free tomorrow..guess imma watch it home.

Back
Top Bottom