Jay-Z Opening the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with 8 Shows (Sept-October)

From the concert that I went to last Saturday I was kinda surprised he didn't mention anything about new music or his new album that he plans on releasing. Does anyone have an update??

Its not even NT, sadly in 2012 that's what people expect now. All about guests, and a crowd of idiots wasting most of the show taking poor photos and low quality video with their phones. I was actually glad for the most part Jay kept it solo. My only gripe is he keeps bragging about having a million of these hits, well, start going through those. The same set gets boring after a while, even tonight he was clearly tired towards the end.
With all that being said, even with the predictable songs, he's still better than 85% of rap live shows in 2012.
Actually he's the best rap act live. Rappers really need to get their **** together. Most of these popular rappers in today's game are horrible as live act compared to any other music acts. I hate when they use back up vocals and just rap on top of that. Like what the hell? It's even worse than lipsync. Only good rappers i have seen live are Jay and GZA. Especially Jay gig was great because he performed here in Finland and he was booked to this rock festival so most of the people in the audience haven't even heard a song from him and he still got them onboard.

From the concert that I went to last Saturday I was kinda surprised he didn't mention anything about new music or his new album that he plans on releasing. Does anyone have an update??
The new album is a Live EP that was recorded Saturday at the concert. No new material, maybe a freestyle or something.

I would love one more Hov album but it has to be quality. He don't need to rush it.

Itunes only release though? I want a physical copy so it can be stored along with the rest of his releases.

One last album would be amazing and I'm sure that it would definitely be top tier work just like The Black Album and The Blueprint 1 were (the two retirement albums). All of his albums have been quality albums so I wouldn't expect the final one to be an exception to the rule.

Last edited:
Anyone get the EP? I forgot but I'm going to get it today. Still wish there was a physical release though

I ended up getting the EP for 10 dollars and this was well worth the money, especially with the videos
pimp.gif

Why doesnt every artist do this? Live music is always appreciated. I wish he released every song though, a CDQ of Where I'm From is needed in my life.

I ended up getting the EP for 10 dollars and this was well worth the money, especially with the videos
pimp.gif

Why doesnt every artist do this? Live music is always appreciated. I wish he released every song though, a CDQ of Where I'm From is needed in my life.
Where did you get it from??

pimp.gif

iTunes sadly. I waited to see if a physical release was going to happen and it wont so I just bought it there

pimp.gif

iTunes sadly. I waited to see if a physical release was going to happen and it wont so I just bought it there
Okay thanks champ, I'll be sure to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom