jays for prom?

Originally Posted by xxSC Trojanxx

I'm surprised some of you guys attend schools were they actually let you participate in Prom with sneakers. My high school would have never let that slide. Even though it might not be the most important day of your life, consider that this is a formal event. I mean if you are going to wear sneakers, why even bother with a tux or a suit? If you think you're not going to be comfortable in dress shoes, get yourself some cheap deer stags or some rockports. I'd recommend some Cole Haan which are more stylish and have some nike air. Something like this:
C05003.JPG

If you go Cole Haan, Suede>Smooth Leather imo

seriously dress shoes is much more fitting for this event. but if you truly want to wear a Jordan.. i'd say go with the new black/stealth XX3s.. they arevery fitted to the foot... you don't want to wear a bulky jordan with a suit/tux.. it will look dumb.

who is anyone to tell someone not to wear some jordans. im actually thinking about it for my senior prom, me and my friend. if people want to do it, it doesntmake difference they are the ones wearing them.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Some all black X's, XIX's, XI's... you can't WILL go wrong with J's at a dance, seriously.

Whether prom is important or not, you will look like a fool in sneakers and a tux.
Wear nice shoes that are made to go with your tux, or do what I did and dont go.

Originally Posted by 2TigerFan3

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Some all black X's, XIX's, XI's... you can't WILL go wrong with J's at a dance, seriously.

Whether prom is important or not, you will look like a fool in sneakers and a tux.
Wear nice shoes that are made to go with your tux, or do what I did and dont go.

nobody looks like a fool in XI's

IMO rocking jays for prom is smooth(depending on the jay), BUT, it's a waste to go out and rock ur XI's, as most people would suggest, just so they canget beat up. U don't wanna spend prom night risking getting ur jays stepped on OR not being able to enjoy ur prom b/c u wana keep ur kix clean. I say justwear dress shoes. If you REALLY feel like wearing jays, don't wear XI's, people don't come by those cheap, if they even come by them at all. Ithink the "croc" AJ I Lows look great for casual wear. They have a touch of patent and croc print, of course. Not to mention, you can probably findthem anywhere from $60-80.

You guys are gonna think I'm rediculous, and I agree that dress shoes are the way to go, and that's what I wore. However, I have this amazing image ofall my family and friends at my wedding with Air Jordans on, even Grandpa Freds lacing up some AJ1s in his pew. Then, since I'm going to Law School, andwould like to enter politics and even the Great Race, (I know it's decades away and sounds unimaginable), but if I were to ever win President, I'd wantmy cabinet wearing Jordans, and being inspired by Greatness haha. It's all a dream for now though

Lyricalshaolin...You from SI?..if so what HS?.....btw dress shoes are the only way,but if you beg to differ,I'd go with concord XIs.

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

You guys are gonna think I'm rediculous, and I agree that dress shoes are the way to go, and that's what I wore. However, I have this amazing image of all my family and friends at my wedding with Air Jordans on, even Grandpa Freds lacing up some AJ1s in his pew. Then, since I'm going to Law School, and would like to enter politics and even the Great Race, (I know it's decades away and sounds unimaginable), but if I were to ever win President, I'd want my cabinet wearing Jordans, and being inspired by Greatness haha. It's all a dream for now though

Ill support any president that makes his cabinet rock jordans. You got my vote.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Henri2310

who is anyone to tell someone not to wear some jordans. im actually thinking about it for my senior prom, me and my friend. if people want to do it, it doesnt make difference they are the ones wearing them.

Well he did ask for advice so that pretty much gives NTers, not the right to tell him what to wear, but to suggest what to wear. I mean seriously, if yourreally set on wearing Jordans to the prom, why can't he figure out what will go with a tux? There are only 23 Air Jordan's, less than 23 Air Jordanscomes in black or has patent leather. It should be common sense which ones to pick or even consider. A reasonable person that could see should know whichJordan's to consider or pick. He asked for help, this is NT, expect to be told what to do (that should ne in the ROC) or receive opinions he didn't askfor. I can't deny it, i amone of those Nters.

Originally Posted by lyricalshaolin

what are some good jordans to rock from prom?

Hey, man. Do what you do. I think if you wanna wear Jordan's (the hottest signature shoe) to your prom, do it. It's nobody's business butyours. If your school allows it, wear 'em proudly. If everyone wore dress shoes that'd be boring. Forget all the formalism and crap. Wear a tux withsome Concords or XX3 Stealths. They are hot and classy. It takes ppl that do things out of the box to make events like this unique. You'll turn heads.It's not like its your wedding or something or as if you were wearing this to an interview for an office job. Ppl on here made it too serious. It'syour only prom. Live it up!

People always got something negative to say on here. Who cares if a kid rocks some Jays to prom. He's just a kid.
When you grow a little older then worry about dressing accordingly. Me myself when I went to my senior prom back in 96
I rocked the fresh out the box black and red XI's. And I had a bad breezy on my arm.

Originally Posted by NOPOryder

People always got something negative to say on here. Who cares if a kid rocks some Jays to prom. He's just a kid.
When you grow a little older then worry about dressing accordingly. Me myself when I went to my senior prom back in 96
I rocked the fresh out the box black and red XI's. And I had a bad breezy on my arm.

It never hurts to learn early. If he starts learning what to wear at the right times, then he'll be better off when he grows up. Is it reallyfar-fetch, especially here on NT, for a grown man to not know the difference? The answer is a resounding no. So learning it early will help him out anddefinitely can't hurt him.
I don't really think people are being negative for suggesting he wears dress shoe, now if it came with an insult then that's a completely differentstory.

Originally Posted by RFX45

It never hurts to learn early. If he starts learning what to wear at the right times, then he'll be better off when he grows up. Is it really far-fetch, especially here on NT, for a grown man to not know the difference? The answer is a resounding no. So learning it early will help him out and definitely can't hurt him.
I don't really think people are being negative for suggesting he wears dress shoe, now if it came with an insult then that's a completely different story.

What if the Kid doesnt even like Dress Shoes?...That just Kills the point people try to make that this is a Important and Big event because he will beuncomfortable, When I was in high School wearing some sneakers to formal events was a way to step out of the norm and still present yourself well while showingoff your individuality from everybody else in a fashion sense

I can understand the point tho that kids today over exploit that choice of fashion and most ppl look at it as "immature", but a kid will be readyto wear dress shoes whenever he is ready, you dont need an early start for that (hell you might never need to learn that), I work for a Fashion ClothingCompany and the Ceo and Presidents of the company dont even wear Dress Shoes to work, They wear sneakers!...so i say every situation is different, dont letpeople perceptions keep you from expressing yourself the way you please to.

i really dont think the other HIGH SCHOOLERS are gonnna be like "you're a fool for wearing sneakers to the prom, how dare you!!
indifferent.gif
"

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

It never hurts to learn early. If he starts learning what to wear at the right times, then he'll be better off when he grows up. Is it really far-fetch, especially here on NT, for a grown man to not know the difference? The answer is a resounding no. So learning it early will help him out and definitely can't hurt him.
I don't really think people are being negative for suggesting he wears dress shoe, now if it came with an insult then that's a completely different story.

What if the Kid doesnt even like Dress Shoes?...That just Kills the point people try to make that this is a Important and Big event because he will be uncomfortable, When I was in high School wearing some sneakers to formal events was a way to step out of the norm and still present yourself well while showing off your individuality from everybody else in a fashion sense

I can understand the point tho that kids today over exploit that choice of fashion and most ppl look at it as "immature", but a kid will be ready to wear dress shoes whenever he is ready, you dont need an early start for that (hell you might never need to learn that), I work for a Fashion Clothing Company and the Ceo and Presidents of the company dont even wear Dress Shoes to work, They wear sneakers!...so i say every situation is different, dont let people perceptions keep you from expressing yourself the way you please to.
While that is true, whether dress shoes are comfortable or not, it is the proper attire. It does depend on where you work and such but it is stillgood to know what to where at what events or else these kids will make the mistake of wearing sneakers to their first job interview and not get hired. Firstimpressions is very important and as a kid, you can;t say he'll be ready to wear dress shoes when he's ready because some never even consider it andjust prefers sneaker no matter where they go or what they do. It's not a good start, bette rbe prepared from the beginning than havign a hard lesson lateron.

It's true, different places have different specifications like your boss not wearing dress shoes but he deems it appropriate for the works place and sinceit;s a fashion industry I could guess that their pretty lenient. But how many of us are going to be in a similar job? Not many, most of us will have to learnone way or the other and it's good to make small steps when their young.

Well.....I cant say much about the prom, but my brother in-law wore J's to his moms wedding and mine, and it looked just fine to me...

They actually looked pretty good. If you are going to wear some king country Spizikes....well thats a different story.

He had on black on black team J's

306503315.jpg

Prom is for fun, and why not wear what you want when you're having fun. Here's a picture of me back in 96 for my senior ball:
5e615aebc2349d7a145a19c79892624f30a603e.jpg

Now you can hate all you want, but my date supported it, and everyone at my school was actually jealous that they didn't do something a little creative. Irealize it's a "formal" event, but its not like you're going to ruin the importance or the formality of prom by wearing a pair of sneakers.

My whole point is if it is YOUR event, and not being hosted by someone else (like someone else's wedding), go with what you want. Prom is a time for fun,while a job interview or work is a time to get down to business. I understand the difference between work and play, and I considered prom a time to play.

i dont want to argue about whether it is ok to wear sneakers, but if you have to I would consider 16s, they can make reasonable dress shoe replacements.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

What if the Kid doesnt even like Dress Shoes?...That just Kills the point people try to make that this is a Important and Big event because he will be uncomfortable, When I was in high School wearing some sneakers to formal events was a way to step out of the norm and still present yourself well while showing off your individuality from everybody else in a fashion sense

I can understand the point tho that kids today over exploit that choice of fashion and most ppl look at it as "immature", but a kid will be ready to wear dress shoes whenever he is ready, you dont need an early start for that (hell you might never need to learn that), I work for a Fashion Clothing Company and the Ceo and Presidents of the company dont even wear Dress Shoes to work, They wear sneakers!...so i say every situation is different, dont let people perceptions keep you from expressing yourself the way you please to.
While that is true, whether dress shoes are comfortable or not, it is the proper attire. It does depend on where you work and such but it is still good to know what to where at what events or else these kids will make the mistake of wearing sneakers to their first job interview and not get hired. First impressions is very important and as a kid, you can;t say he'll be ready to wear dress shoes when he's ready because some never even consider it and just prefers sneaker no matter where they go or what they do. It's not a good start, bette rbe prepared from the beginning than havign a hard lesson later on.

It's true, different places have different specifications like your boss not wearing dress shoes but he deems it appropriate for the works place and sinc eit;s a fashion industry I could guess that their pretty lenient. But how many of us are going to be in a similar job? Not many, most of us will have to learn one way or the other and it's good to make small steps when their young.

Yeah you do have a point, I guess i make the mistake of holding people to my standards, because when i was younger i rarely wore dress shoes and werentreally into them at all, but even then i knew depending on the job interview or certain event whether dress shoes and a more well dressed attire was required,I would think younger people would know just like i did but maybe im wrong, but the prom isnt a job interview or the workplace , its a high school event thatis suppose to be fun and a time to act wild not "professional"...there are plenty of guys i know including me who wore jordans or some type ofsneaker to prom or a formal dance and still managed to wear some dress shoes on their first job interview after

Back
Top Bottom