JB running out of ideas

I feel like i've been collecting for a good while and for the past decade. I've seen nothing more then recycled overthrown due to these HYPEBEASTS/RESELLERS. In almost 10 years JB has released the same shoe at least 2 or maybe 3 times. Example 04 olympics 7, fotog 7, and 12' olympics. Recently the bred 11s. 01,08,12. Common JB give us what we truly want retro for the first time 15-23. I strongly feel that 1s were dead excluding the royals :smokin But other then that your quality sucks a**. Your making so much money by subsiding to China as it is, and you can't lose an extra $1 off your profit margin to keep your true loyal customers content? Ever since the move from tawian to china. straight garbage!

straight garbage, yet you have 5 pair of XIs from 2012... ***** this is a total contradiction...and has nothing to do with JB running out of ideas... WE continue to buy the garbage so thats what we get. STOP BUYING JORDANS if you really want a quality shoe. if youre bored, move on... I feel you on retroing 15-23, im just tired of hearing quality complaints. its not about US its abouf the money.... numbers! that's all we are.

I would have agreed with this like a month or 2 ago, but it seems like they're trying out new things this year with a bunch of new colorways. 

This year alone we see:

Squadron Blue 13's

Crimson 3's 

Joker 3's

Knicks 1's (I'm pretty sure they weren't released before, could be wrong)

and then future releases the rest of the year (some just rumors):

Celtics 1's

Lakers 1's

PIstons 1's

Laney 5's

Laney 11's

Black Grape 5's (not sure how valid this one is)

The red 4's (I just don't like the name toro 4's so I don't call them that)

The green glow 4's

and I know I'm missing some. So it looks like this year they're really trying to add a few new colorways to the mix.

Last edited:
I don't think JB is running out of ideas, I think they're just doing what makes money.
JB is a business and the reason they're in business is to make money.
They don't care about loyal customers at all. I think it's sucks but it's true.
And I would love to see some retros 15-23, hopefully we'll see them in the next couple years.

I wouldn't say they've run out of ideas but if they can make money releasing the same shoes then why not?

i think they have definitely run out of ideas. they have one new and innovative flagship shoe a year. the rest are retros and garbage. they are never gonna stop making money off of retros but i think the performance market is run by nike who drags jordan along by the pigtails so they can recycle retros all year every year.

Lets not lose sight of what Nike/ Jordan brand represents, a billion dollar+ corporation. You can't fault them for trying to capitalize off of a re surging sneaker culture. They're very aware that whatever they release will sell out and they're going to take full advantage of this. It's no longer about the sneaker consumer anymore, but more so about the bottom dollar. With all due respect though, I think it's time for you, as well as many other individuals, to stop complaining about the brand. Either accept the reality of their business model today, or move on to a dfferen't brand/ hobby. That simple.

Last edited:
i totally agree with you on the fact that they have a winning strategy and will milk it dry. i am just disappointed that there are no new original ideas. way back when, the entire jordan line was heat from mj's sig to all the team jordans. i just think the brand has a narrow focus on the past and has condemned growth only to the financial side and not the creative side. and it's unfortunate because that is how we got all the classics from jordan in the first place.

Lets not lose sight of what Nike/ Jordan brand represents, a billion dollar+ corporation. You can't fault them for trying to capitalize off of a re surging sneaker culture. They're very aware that whatever they release will sell out and they're going to take full advantage of this. It's no longer about the sneaker consumer anymore, but more so about the bottom dollar. With all due respect though, I think it's time for you, as well as many other individuals, to stop complaining about the brand. Either accept the reality of their business model today, or move on to a dfferen't brand/ hobby. That simple.
This though it's always been about the $...You either run with the brand or not though i think the next generation will always pick up...It'll last as long as MJs legacy last.

I feel like i've been collecting for a good while and for the past decade. I've seen nothing more then recycled overthrown due to these HYPEBEASTS/RESELLERS. In almost 10 years JB has released the same shoe at least 2 or maybe 3 times. Example 04 olympics 7, fotog 7, and 12' olympics. Recently the bred 11s. 01,08,12. Common JB give us what we truly want retro for the first time 15-23. I strongly feel that 1s were dead excluding the royals
smokin.gif
But other then that your quality sucks a**. Your making so much money by subsiding to China as it is, and you can't lose an extra $1 off your profit margin to keep your true loyal customers content? Ever since the move from tawian to china. straight garbage!
my little cousin in high school likes that, he believes that each or so generation of "sneakerheads" should at least have a shot to cop some of the most sought after retros, especially when you're in high school & can only afford retail.

i feel for him though.. he was really happy that his generation had a shot to cop the bred 11's & 4's unlike for example the gen. from '03-'06

although before sometimes i worry, like how nba trading cards kind of killed themselves by saturating the market.. probably wouldnt happen since its a bit different but just a weird random thought you know lol

Last edited:
straight garbage, yet you have 5 pair of XIs from 2012... ***** this is a total contradiction...and has nothing to do with JB running out of ideas... WE continue to buy the garbage so thats what we get. STOP BUYING JORDANS if you really want a quality shoe. if youre bored, move on... I feel you on retroing 15-23, im just tired of hearing quality complaints. its not about US its abouf the money.... numbers! that's all we are.
Enough said. Title should read JB running with my money.

Performance wise, I rate the Melo M9 and XX8 above the Lebron X, KD5 and KB8. On the looks, honestly yeah the XX8 are a bit on the ugly side, Melo M9's...hmm depends on the color, really liking my BHM edition...

Those KB8 and KD5 are hideous imo..  I just think that people expect everything coming from JB to be great looking...and when JB tries something different like the XX8 they bash them, and call them garbage...When infact they are some of the best basketball shoes I've played in..

So to call the JB garbage is not fair..   People want better shoes, better material, then be prepared to pay more for it..hate that the shoe is made in China, we'll see how much you like it when they make em in the US and you're paying $250 for retros like the XX8.

I don't think they're running out of ideas...but a lot of people didn't like the Jokers or the crimson III's, I'm willing to bet though if those where OG colorways everyone would be all over them..

jb will never run out of ideas. what he's trying to do is make performance shoes. also he is trying to reach out to find a shoe for the news generation to hype over. there is one thing that will have to be understood, all these young kids are not leaders and are followers will buy anything a rapper will say or try real hard. also all these younger kids are looking for the latest trends which is ........ buying ANYTHING RETRO. they need to stop caring about what other guys think (you know its not girls caring about these shoes) and find a new shoe for them......

Running out of ideas, while grossing over a $billion annually.  Funny, all this time I thought the Idea was to "Make Money", lots of money for the shareholders!  If you ask me, Adidas, Puma, Fila, Reebok, and Under Armor need to Ask, Borrow, or STEAL some ideas from JB and Nike.

Last edited:
Running out of ideas, while grossing over a $billion annually.  Funny, all this time I thought the Idea was to "Make Money", lots of money for the shareholders!  If you ask me, Adidas, Puma, Fila, Reebok, and Under Armor need to Ask, Borrow, or STEAL some ideas from JB and Nike.
hence iverson retro? lol didnt adidas merge with reebok too? nike is a giant that can't be stopped. 

Im just going to sit it out, when people move on like they did with air forces. Ill come back and buy again.

The thing is, they don't need anymore ideas. 

Ya'll copping the same ol stuff regardless

doesnt matter what they sell. everything get sold by the end of the day. could be great quality or poor quality. yall still gonna buy it. 
mean.gif

Nike and JB have both bee slacking in terms of new products IMO.

What happened to the Alpha Project line? Who all was involved in that ? They need to get those people back because its pretty pathetic that shoes from 1998 look more modern than shoes from 2013 :smh:

Under Armour is doing just fine. Growing like Agent Smith in the matrix.

Why would they even need to come up with new ideas when they can just sit back and laugh at us buying the same shoes over and over again. Probably one of the most used pics on Niketalk but it makes me laugh everytime and applies to the thread:

Back
Top Bottom