JB running out of ideas

They can re-release every single Jordan ever retroed with the Nike Air on the back and start all over again. They hype will never die and they will continue to raise prices. $200 a pair and up.

They can re-release every single Jordan ever retroed with the Nike Air on the back and start all over again. They hype will never die and they will continue to raise prices. $200 a pair and up.
Sad part is they can release retros that didn't have nike air to begin with and put it on anyways and people will still buy them for 200+

Sad part is they can release retros that didn't have nike air to begin with and put it on anyways and people will still buy them for 200+
Yup! As long as the resellers keep buying everything up and people buy 2-3 pairs there will always be a demand from the people who missed out. Not to mention the guy who has three pair going back to buy three more. Hahahahahah

Yup! As long as the resellers keep buying everything up and people buy 2-3 pairs there will always be a demand from the people who missed out. Not to mention the guy who has three pair going back to buy three more. Hahahahahah
Of course! Gotta triple up on dem Nike Air Concords

PLEASE RETRO 2s like really thats the most slept on jordan and even 1s get retroed out the *** where are the 2s last time was like 2010 and the other og cw as 08

Under Armour is doing just fine. Growing like Agent Smith in the matrix.[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]    [/color]
Still behind Nike, Adidas, Puma and Reebok on a global level.  Let's see if they're still around with a bigger piece of the pie in 25 years.  Now back to the topic @ hand.

Still behind Nike, Adidas, Puma and Reebok on a global level.  Let's see if they're still around with a bigger piece of the pie in 25 years.  Now back to the topic @ hand.

U just compared a relatively new company to brands that have been around since the 1940s and 70s :lol: chill young

As much money JB makes off of retros they make the same if not more w/ their "Team" shoes b/c the price points are usually $20-40 cheaper retail than retros yet still share retro qualities in design.

As far as ideas go, yea they running dry lol

Nike and JB have both bee slacking in terms of new products IMO.

What happened to the Alpha Project line? Who all was involved in that ? They need to get those people back because its pretty pathetic that shoes from 1998 look more modern than shoes from 2013
mean.gif
IMO the Kobe 8 is the greatest performance basketball shoe I've ever worn on a court. Nike has been doing great things with the Kobe line. Also Eric Avar, the guy behind those Alpha Project shoes, is the guy behind the Kobe line. 

Last edited:
Lol but how are they running out of ideas? When JB tries new colorways or new gimmicks you get comments like "oh JB feeding to the hypebeasts" or "the kids will eat these up :smh:" or other bs holier than thou or sexist comments just because they aren't "original." Lol I would hate to see some of you run businesses if you never generate new ideas and or be in synced with the current generation.

If it's not the new colorways, then JB will release the same sneaker released 2 years ago with a twist and most people, "newbies" and "OGs" will be like "oh these are my holy grail omg nah son nah brah these are copped x2" or "I copped from FNL, NDC, FTL and Pookie's cousin's brother's boy, even though I bought them last year, these are as close to the original.:smokin" Lol Prime example are the white cements 88 3s release and op's avi.

If anything JB is far from running out of ideas. They know how to manipulate the public (myself included) and will continue to make a profit until people stop buying Js.

I do agree however 2s need to be reretroed along with other numbers.

Lol but how are they running out of ideas? When JB tries new colorways or new gimmicks you get comments like "oh JB feeding to the hypebeasts" or "the kids will eat these up :smh:" or other bs holier than thou or sexist comments just because they aren't "original." Lol I would hate to see some of you run businesses if you never generate new ideas and or be in synced with the current generation.

If it's not the new colorways, then JB will release the same sneaker released 2 years ago with a twist and most people, "newbies" and "OGs" will be like "oh these are my holy grail omg nah son nah brah these are copped x2" or "I copped from FNL, NDC, FTL and Pookie's cousin's brother's boy, even though I bought them last year, these are as close to the original.:smokin" Lol Prime example are the white cements 88 3s release and op's avi.

If anything JB is far from running out of ideas. They know how to manipulate the public (myself included) and will continue to make a profit until people stop buying Js.

I do agree however 2s need to be reretroed along with other numbers.

I dont think people are complaining about a lack of decent retros but rather a lack of captivating new designs for the annual Air-Jordan and team/jumpman shoes.

I feel like i've been collecting for a good while and for the past decade. I've seen nothing more then recycled overthrown due to these HYPEBEASTS/RESELLERS. In almost 10 years JB has released the same shoe at least 2 or maybe 3 times. Example 04 olympics 7, fotog 7, and 12' olympics. Recently the bred 11s. 01,08,12. Common JB give us what we truly want retro for the first time 15-23. I strongly feel that 1s were dead excluding the royals
smokin.gif
But other then that your quality sucks a**. Your making so much money by subsiding to China as it is, and you can't lose an extra $1 off your profit margin to keep your true loyal customers content? Ever since the move from tawian to china. straight garbage!
The word you were looking for is subsidizing not subsiding. But subsidizing is  not what nike is doing. It's outsourcing

Last edited:
Nike and JB have both bee slacking in terms of new products IMO.

What happened to the Alpha Project line? Who all was involved in that ? They need to get those people back because its pretty pathetic that shoes from 1998 look more modern than shoes from 2013
mean.gif
Alpha project was great. It is sad that best basketball shoe designs  from over a decade ago are better than now.. I'd much rather have a pippen v or a shox bb4 than some modern hyperdunk rubbish with some cheap synthetic plastic and bloody lunarlor that feels like your standing on pillows

I dont think people are complaining about a lack of decent retros but rather a lack of captivating new designs for the annual Air-Jordan and team/jumpman shoes.
Well they have like 50 pairs out at once.lol they are just churning out crap. Those new numbered shoes are terrible. They look like socks!

JB didn't run out of ideas, they're just going with the current trend of the past few years which is the "late 80's & early 90's" trend. For the most part, NIKE isn't the only company doing this hence Reebok (Questions & Kamikaze's). Hell even Gucci capitalized off this when they re-released the classic tennis shoe that Jay-Z copied with the S. Dot's. If you were running a clothing/shoe corporation & saw what the current trends are versus which of your products were selling out instantly & it just so happens to be your old model that is selling out you would keep releasing them too. The whole idea is to generate money & that's what NIKE as well as other companies are doing.

There's no point in complaining about it. If you don't like it or just bored with the brand, don't buy them until they release what you really want. Quality will not get better as long as people not only resellers & hypebeasts are still buying multiple pairs. The demand is extremely high, so why not push out bs quality & gain more money. I'm sure they are plenty of us here who can miss a few releases but choose not to. I personally don't like the 15-23, so I could care less about them retroing. Once I get at least one or two of my favorite OG colorways of the 1-14, I'm done with them.

JB didn't run out of ideas, they're just going with the current trend of the past few years which is the "late 80's & early 90's" trend. For the most part, NIKE isn't the only company doing this hence Reebok (Questions & Kamikaze's). Hell even Gucci capitalized off this when they re-released the classic tennis shoe that Jay-Z copied with the S. Dot's. If you were running a clothing/shoe corporation & saw what the current trends are versus which of your products were selling out instantly & it just so happens to be your old model that is selling out you would keep releasing them too. The whole idea is to generate money & that's what NIKE as well as other companies are doing.

There's no point in complaining about it. If you don't like it or just bored with the brand, don't buy them until they release what you really want. Quality will not get better as long as people not only resellers & hypebeasts are still buying multiple pairs. The demand is extremely high, so why not push out bs quality & gain more money. I'm sure they are plenty of us here who can miss a few releases but choose not to. I personally don't like the 15-23, so I could care less about them retroing. Once I get at least one or two of my favorite OG colorways of the 1-14, I'm done with them.
I live for Jordans 3-6. I hope they never stop the Retros. Sadly I will always buy. Lol

U just compared a relatively new company to brands that have been around since the 1940s and 70s
laugh.gif
chill young

As much money JB makes off of retros they make the same if not more w/ their "Team" shoes b/c the price points are usually $20-40 cheaper retail than retros yet still share retro qualities in design.

As far as ideas go, yea they running dry lol
Well I don't have access to Jordan Brand and Nike's numbers, so I don't have a dog in that fight.  

As for mentioning those brands, I invite you to take a  glance at the begining of mine and dudes conversation, just so can kind of understand the angle I was coming from.

Finally,on the topic of JB running out of ideas, we're all entitled to our opinions. (that's the beauty of discussion boards)

Enjoy your Sunday Champ! 
wink.gif

Last edited:
I feel like i've been collecting for a good while and for the past decade. I've seen nothing more then recycled overthrown due to these HYPEBEASTS/RESELLERS. In almost 10 years JB has released the same shoe at least 2 or maybe 3 times. Example 04 olympics 7, fotog 7, and 12' olympics. Recently the bred 11s. 01,08,12. Common JB give us what we truly want retro for the first time 15-23. I strongly feel that 1s were dead excluding the royals :smokin But other then that your quality sucks a**. Your making so much money by subsiding to China as it is, and you can't lose an extra $1 off your profit margin to keep your true loyal customers content? Ever since the move from tawian to china. straight garbage!
I feel you on releasing the post XIV shoes but I dont think they will release them until they move the retro pices up to a $200 min price point. Which may not be too far away.

Back
Top Bottom