Jeopardy Thug, Arthur Chu....He's Rustling a lot of Jimmies.

This stuff is :lol:

'Hero-Villain' Jeopardy! Contestant Returns to Game Show Feb. 24

A contestant on Jeopardy! is both popularizing and demonizing "game theory" economics in a way that Russell Crowe's 2001 film, "A Beautiful Mind" couldn't, while boggling the minds of faithful game show viewers.

Arthur Chu, 30, who works in insurance compliance by day and is an aspiring actor by night, won $82,800 on three Jeopardy! appearances last week and was the source of game-show viewership stress, at least according to some Jeopardy! fans on Twitter.

Chu, who lives in Broadview Heights, a suburb of Cleveland, will return to the show on Feb. 24 after the "Battle of the Decades" tournament between former champions to celebrate the game show's 30th anniversary. The tournament includes the return of Richard Cordray, the first director of the government's Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Rest of Article in Link

And if you want his strategy simplified, here's a quick breakdown...

6 Elements of Arthur Chu's Jeopardy! Strategy

Can't wait to see what happens when he returns...

Last edited:
I read about this. Glad to see a fellow Asian making people mad. Now people have a new target for racist tweets instead of Richard Sherman.

I'm a Jeopardy stan ( is that a thing?) so this is really interesting to me

I saw his episodes last week and I wondered why he let the lady tie with him when he could have easily beaten her

during the show it looked like he had hard time buzzing in, and she got really close to catching him

I thought he let her tie with him so that he could show her up the next day which he did...

It seemed like a **** move

Last edited:
dude is gonna take his talents to south beach :smh:
got himself a white woman like a ball player :lol:

Last edited:
Guy in the middle with the Peyton Manning after INT emoticon
laugh.gif

the_tie.jpg

Playing to tie seems like a rather lucky strategy.. Something seems off. Unless I just can't grasp how it's done efficiently

edit: finished up the fist article. Nothing seems off or fishy. He won't always be in the lead to "tie" things up in his own way. If you play to tie too many times, it could come to bite him. Take the sure thing. Fishing around for daily doubles seems normal. Unless he sounds like a cocky arrogant dude on tv, i dont get the hate.

Reading about this like its some huge game theory strategy is the funniest thing of all. Is this Williams' guy trying to sell something? lol. He appears to be doing two things. I guess they are sooooo different from the Jeopardy way, the hate comes in freeflowingly?

Another aspect has got to be other contestants thinking about following his strategy. Hunt for that daily double.. Play to tie.. What happens then? Are they playing into his so called strength even more?

Last edited:
^ That reminds of the guy who guessed the exact amount on the Showcase Showdown on the Price is Right :lol: Drew Carey was salty thinking he cheated since that was the only 2nd time in history it happened. Dude realized the show recycled prizes and the price was roughly the same so he just did the right calculations. Sucked for his competitor cuz she was within a few hundreds of dollars.

This Chu guy is funny though. I didn't even realize but :lol: @ talking about your wife with Trebek.

Back
Top Bottom