Jeremy Lin extends contract with Nike... Sig shoe? Updated pg1 "Linsanity" shirts , ASG PE

His own sig shoe? No way.

I can see Peak, Li Ning or something signing up to a regular shoe deal though ASAP.

Even if he slows down extremely these companies always sign these players to some type of deal. Regardless if they get their own sig shoe or not.

Goudelock was balling for the Lakers and he was wearing Kobe VII's, now he's wearing Peak.... So he obviously got a contract from them. Not for his own sig shoe of course.

Originally Posted by btdpu

Eh once Melo comes back to steal the show, Lin will be down to about 3 shots per game...maybe

laugh.gif

OP are you Asian?  Just a curious.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Eh once Melo comes back to steal the show, Lin will be down to about 3 shots per game...maybe

laugh.gif

FilipinoWow didn't know he was picked up by Nike last year... I'm sure if he wins the starting job for the rest of the season, Nike will start to push more endorsements/products for him.I think I stated the question wrong... If he were to do the things he is doing now for the rest of the season and going into the playoffs, do you see Nike doing anything big? His Asian decent makes him very marketable in China and to Asian Americans in the US... Not to mention playing for a city with one of the biggest markets for basketball. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Nike rode the hype and took a risk on Lin.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif

FilipinoWow didn't know he was picked up by Nike last year... I'm sure if he wins the starting job for the rest of the season, Nike will start to push more endorsements/products for him.I think I stated the question wrong... If he were to do the things he is doing now for the rest of the season and going into the playoffs, do you see Nike doing anything big? His Asian decent makes him very marketable in China and to Asian Americans in the US... Not to mention playing for a city with one of the biggest markets for basketball. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Nike rode the hype and took a risk on Lin.

OK, you make some sense now. 
PE's for him, maybe a PE release in the Asian markets. 

After four games (admittedly AMAZING games)? Are you serious? I agree dude is playing out of his mind but lets be honest if you asked HIM what he thought he could do if he started even he wouldnt have predicted this. 
All that said how he doesnt at least have some PE's blows my mind. 
Btw it seems as if he loves the HyperFuse... (26 second mark)

I want Super Lintendo to succeed and prove the haters wrong.

However, no way does he deserve a sig shoe.
laugh.gif

Notice I said deserve though..that comes with time. I woudnt be surprised if a company like Peak came out with a shoe just for him though for marketing purposes.

I'm not sure about a signature shoe, PEs sound much more viable, even at this current time. Signature shoe might have to wait until next season (which would still be remarkable). His marketability in China/Taiwan as well as Asian Americans is through the roof. I believe this is the first time there has been an Asian GUARD type player in the NBA that is of any relevance.

I must say, he IS marketable enough to the point where IF Nike dropped a Lin sig/PE and it was decent looking, it'd sell.. But it would have to drop TOMORROW. QS. Before he has a bad game.

Stop hating.
If I was him, I'd wear all of the Year of the Dragon kicks this year though.. He's an 88 Dragon too

Due to to the popularity of the hash-tag #linning and the fact that he's Asian. It would be appropriate if he were endorsed by Li-Ning.

He needs a couple PEs to drop this year. If he keeps playing like he has been and manages to keep the starting spot once Baron, Melo, Amare are back, then maaaaaybe they can start thinking about a sig.

one more on the slow down. haha he's just making a name for himself and no one knows how long it's going to go.

I can see some HOH PEs dropping.
Seeing how Nike likes the Chinese market, it would make sense.
Maybe have him in some ASG weekend festivities?
My cousin drew up this quick logo.

Good lord. A man has a few good games and you're ready to give him a signature shoe? Do you realize that it takes a MINIMUM of 3 months for a shoe to go from production (stitching the shoe) to release in the stores? Not to mention someone actually has to design the thing...this is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom