jerseys4thewin on ebay tried to scam me

A little background on the seller... he sells jerseys, snapbacks, sneakers and North Face coats.  He trolls ebay looking for cheap stuff to resell, then he relists it and shill bids 1/2 of his stuff, and he also has fakes and lists them as authentic.  I've also heard that he goes on craigslist and gives people low ball offers and gets mad and rude when you turn him down.    

So his idiot tried to say that he didn't get a jersey I shipped to him and filed a case against me.   

I sold a jersey to jerseys4thewin on Saturday, January 14th.  I had 3 business days to ship it to him, and I shipped it within 2 days.  I sent him the delivery confirmation number through ebay as soon as I shipped it.  For some reason, when you look at the number on ebay it doesn't show any change, but a quick look on the USPS site shows that it was delivered on January 19th.  I think he saw that there was a problem with the ebay tracking number and tried to get over on me.

In his case, he said that he didn't receive the package even though the confirmation number says it was delivered.  He also said that he contacted me and that I didn't respond to him, and that was a lie.  This is what convinced me that he was trying to scam me and hope that I didn't know ebay's policies.  Buyers are supposed to contact sellers before opening a case but he's an jerk so why would he do that.  I sent my response directly to ebay and I won the case within a couple of hours.  Now I wait to see if he appeals and/or leaves negative feedback. 

Fortunately, I followed the correct procedures in this instance.  Here is ebay's policy on claims of not receiving an item:

How are sellers protected from losing a case?

For item not received cases, sellers are protected from losing a case if they ship within their stated handling time and provide proof of delivery to eBay. Proof of delivery is tracking information from a shipping company that clearly displays:

The delivery status of the item as "delivered,"

The date of delivery (which reflects the seller shipped within stated handling time),

The recipient's address, displaying at least the city/state or ZIP code (or the equivalent) of the address listed in either the eBay order details page or the PayPal transaction details page, and

For items $250 USD (or local currency equivalent) or more, proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery is required.

The day after the case was resolved in my favor, he lists my jersey on his ebay auction page.  Obviously I blocked him from ever bidding on my items again, and I'm gonna make an effort to report anything I suspect he shill bids on cuz I don't appreciate people trying to screw me over, I never ever forget that.  I also didn't appreciate that paypal gave me a negative balance, basically assuming I'm guilty until proven innocent, this showed me to never leave money in my paypal account because if I ever lose a case over some bs they'll just deduct it from my balance and I'm not giving them anything, I'll just tell my bank to block them from taking $$ from my account.  Also, if you are selling, make sure to do everything you are supposed to do if you want any chance of winning a case.

Here's this clowns contact info if you ever come across him, he is an enemy to sneaker and jersey collectors.  

ebay page:    http://myworld.ebay.com/jerseys4thewin/

email:  jerseyman0365@aol.com 

I didn't buy from this guy because I felt he was very sketchy
what jersey is it? it's clear the items he lists are no where near the condition he says they are 

It annoys me when people do that.

I remember a few years back I saw this guy selling his system on how to make money buying sneakers for cheap and selling them on eBay.  His eBay name was altima226 (I think) and he had this whole bio on his listing on how he's working at a Nissan dealership now and doesn't have time to sell on eBay anymore and he was selling his system.  Had a picture of his new Altima in the listing and everything
laugh.gif
, So I buy it (About 20 bucks) and its just a .pdf file telling you to find people who took bad pics of beaters, clean them, and relist them with better pics
indifferent.gif
.  Slightly disappointed in myself, I just cut my losses and kept it moving, didn't even leave feedback.  About a yr later, I notice the SAME listing but this time he just got a job at a Cadillac dealership and he's selling his eBay secrets
laugh.gif
.  So this time I buy it and leave feedback with a link to my website and told everyone to download it for free
roll.gif

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I didn't buy from this guy because I felt he was very sketchy
what jersey is it? it's clear the items he lists are no where near the condition he says they are 

it was a mcgrady, and its not even mine.  i have a friend who lost his job who really needs the money and i listed it on my account b/c he's having issues with ebay for whatever reason.  i never even saw the jersey i just gave him my camera to take the pic at his house.  that's what really pissed me off about it, he was scamming someone who is selling his stuff for rent money.  

I was going to post it on Jerseycentral but most people on there woulda frowned upon it n I'm not in the mood to argue on there.

But you know what, ima make a backup eBay page and have some fun with some fun with all his auctions and leave all sorts of feedback informing people about his shady tactics.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

I was going to post it on Jerseycentral but most people on there woulda frowned upon it n I'm not in the mood to argue on there.

But you know what, ima make a backup eBay page and have some fun with some fun with all his auctions and leave all sorts of feedback informing people about his shady tactics.

thats why i like you
laugh.gif

ive been saying for a long time on here and on JC, dude is a scumbag and no one should buy from him. how is it not obvious he shill bids?
sick.gif

Wow I thought dude was legit. I remember people co-signing him in the jersey thread.

Thanks for the heads up.

thats why you always get the signature delivery confirmation.. come on people, it might cost you a dollar or 2 more, but at least you have proof that they got it and they cant scam you!!!

i've bought stuff from him before

but you guys at the jersey threads always said shady stuff about him

and yeah, get that signature confirmation

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

thats why you always get the signature delivery confirmation.. come on people, it might cost you a dollar or 2 more, but at least you have proof that they got it and they cant scam you!!!

Yep and items won't get left on a doorstep.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

thats why i like you
laugh.gif

ive been saying for a long time on here and on JC, dude is a scumbag and no one should buy from him. how is it not obvious he shill bids?
sick.gif

pimp.gif
  that's how it needs to be done.  sabotaging this frauds auctions from a troll ebay account takes about 15 minutes of my time when i got my break between classes.   i need a good troll ebay account name though,  im thinking   igetbuns445 or skeeter_valentine

but i'm very anti fraud and i've read all about jerseys4thewins scumbag moves over the years and i think it's time to shut him down or at least mess with his source of income where it has a huge effect on him.

my take on scammers is that you need to have a hardline stance with them.  once they realize that the risks don't make the potential rewards worth it, they decrease heavily.

on top of that his schill bidding is so obviously blatant.  i refuse to give that clown a penny regardless if he has something i really want.

Back
Top Bottom