Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by eight2one

i hate the job search.....i thought i nailed the job at sprint....but nah...they aint even call back to tell me i aint get it, and that was like 2.5 months ago....and i live in the worst place of all for a job!
I feel you man, I've been on a few interviews that I thought I did good in, and @ least get a call back, nothing.

My company is moving down to Chicago. Have about 3 more weeks at work left. Been applying everywhere but nothing yet. Prob gonna have to sell my condo and moveback with the parents. Feel like such a failure, but life goes on....

Originally Posted by freshbottoms

My company is moving down to Chicago. Have about 3 more weeks at work left. Been applying everywhere but nothing yet. Prob gonna have to sell my condo and move back with the parents. Feel like such a failure, but life goes on....
I had to do this as well....had to sell all my belongings and move back home....thatwas such a bad feeling....I haven't recouped yet....but we will

I'm thinking I need to move back to the US....Boston or the DMV are my possible choices rightnow

I been done since March 9th...I'm sending out resumes left and right but getting few bites. I still have faith that everything will work out for the best.The extra time has given me an opportunity to concentrate on school and exercise more.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

No lie, i just don't know what to do. i work at Olive Garden now, which is not what's up. i have a degree in everything (stillman college, BA in fine arts, May '05).
I've had like 12 jobs since graduation. just waiting on someone to give me a chance
smh.gif

You don't think its time to go back to school for something else?

I'm actually about to go to the air force now, after that i'm going back to law school or getting a second degree in broadcast journalism.

Loser %*+ towns suck. Just APPLIED for a TELEMARKETING job. I look good as +$%%, they should just immediately be like...You are actually applying? Thisisn't a joke?

papageorgeo

you got your guard card so you should holla at contemporary services corporation... csc-usa.com

its event security and stuff but they also deal with hospital security and other security jobs. its $10+ an hour if you have your guard card and everybody getshired so i hear. i work for them but i don't have my guard card so events are scarce

man this economy sucks. I have probably sent out abut 70 resumes and applications the past 2 months and haven't even been set up for an interview yet. Online applications these days ftl. Then today I have a friend that works as a recruiter and had a job opening for a part time office assistant in my town andI was thinking, oh hell yea I can finally get something going. Called him up and he wouldn't even consider me saying you needed years of admin experienceand what not. Hell man I have been going to college for the past 4 years, I know how to use all office programs, but I can't even get someone that issupposed to be a good friend to hook me up with a job.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

Originally Posted by Ridgemont Fly

Checking In

Man I been wishing and praying somebody would call me back for anything PT or FT I don't care I just a need a job ASAP

I just got layed off in July from Grocers Supply In Houston Tx.

Damn Times Are Hard
eek.gif
dang bro sorry to here that. i been trying to get on there but i never get a reply, i been looking for a job soo hard but nothing has happend. if i dont get a job and change my ways my po will send me back to jail and thats real talk. i got 30 days to make a change and it seems highly unlikely. I NEED A DAMN JOB!
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TD The God

Originally Posted by freshbottoms

My company is moving down to Chicago. Have about 3 more weeks at work left. Been applying everywhere but nothing yet. Prob gonna have to sell my condo and move back with the parents. Feel like such a failure, but life goes on....
I had to do this as well....had to sell all my belongings and move back home....that was such a bad feeling....I haven't recouped yet....but we will

I'm thinking I need to move back to the US....Boston or the DMV are my possible choices right now

If you move to the DMV and you looking for just an anything job.... I know a telemaketing joint that will hire just about anyone with a HS diploma.... Itsflooded with Females too... Nice bar right next to it that alot of people hit after work and everything.... Telemarketing just wasnt for me no more....

I was a bum summer last year. All I did was hit the gym(which was awesome). It sucked...I was bored out of my mind.

good luck to everyone.

PS

How is everyone staying "afloat" without having a job? Gigs? Selling personal belongings?

let me hear it.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

No lie, i just don't know what to do. i work at Olive Garden now, which is not what's up. i have a degree in everything (stillman college, BA in fine arts, May '05).
I've had like 12 jobs since graduation. just waiting on someone to give me a chance
smh.gif

You don't think its time to go back to school for something else?

I'm actually about to go to the air force now, after that i'm going back to law school or getting a second degree in broadcast journalism.

u went to stillman college in tuscaloosa, al???

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

I was a bum summer last year. All I did was hit the gym(which was awesome). It sucked...I was bored out of my mind.

good luck to everyone.

PS

How is everyone staying "afloat" without having a job? Gigs? Selling personal belongings?

let me hear it.

-Sold sneakers, electronics that I rarely used
-Temp work (even that is hard to find in these times)

If you have a drivers license put that to use. You can get some good paying gigs by delivering stuff.

i'm coming up on my senior year at college, but with the job market, i'm definitely going back for at least another year after this.

Prayin' I get something soon.

Just want some income to start payin' off these loans. Then it's grad school for me in the fall.

I need something more secure than a damn BA.

i got fired from my job at the end of march. my 21st bday was a week later. pretty depressing bday i had. they fired me off some bs too, so that pissed me offeven more. i went on like 4 interviews with AAA for their roadside assistance position, didnt get it. went to a few MLM things off of craigslist, i left thosemeetings during their life changing stories. i went to this one temp agency, and they had a job for me for 14/hr. but the lady disappeared on me. i had toswallow my pride and went back to doing telephone surveys
smh.gif
it was 100 a week in my pocket but it was enough. by time i paid insurance, moms, and put gas inmy car i only had 10 in my name. i got a 300 check from the company that fired me as a reimbursement from when my phone got stolen. i hit up another tempagency, they got me a job where i was getting 350 a week. that job ended last friday, saved about 1k, and used the other 2k to pay stuff off, buy stuff, andfix my car. they got me another little job doing 12/hr but its part time, but it will give me the opportunity to go back to school. so thats a plus. my girlhas been putting out resumes and applications like crazy too, but no one is hiring. shes stressed but ive been holding her down, since she held me down when ididnt have a job.

keep your heads up guys, it will only get better. hell even try some temp agencies in your area, they may have something for you until you can find a moresuitable job.

Real talk....I'm about to start doing some serious recruiting and have some people hit the clubsfor me....this life is rough

Just had a telephone interview.....remind me to not use the phrase "you gotta do what you gottado" in an interview EVER again.....been on that late night NT and this was just way too early.....anyhow, he says he's going to set up a face toface.....I hope this goes well. I NEED this job more than anything else in life right now....say a prayer for me y'all....since I don'tpray
happy.gif

I have an interview tomorrow morning. I've been bored to death since I graduated this past May. This is going to be my 3rd interview for a entry levelposition since graduation, so I am HOPING and PRAYING to get this job so I can start saving up for a car, help my parents out with bills, and pay back mycollege loans.

To all my other NT brothers who are still unemployed, hang in there.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

man @%@! this $%%* im about to join the army/air force, only places that dont turn you down...

they do if u have a ged and less than 15 college credits
smh.gif

i refuse to go back to school for a semester just to join the air force

Originally Posted by TD The God

Just had a telephone interview.....remind me to not use the phrase "you gotta do what you gotta do" in an interview EVER again.....been on that late night NT and this was just way too early.....anyhow, he says he's going to set up a face to face.....I hope this goes well. I NEED this job more than anything else in life right now....say a prayer for me y'all....since I don't pray
happy.gif

dont you have a mechanical engineering degree?? its that bad in your area or you dont wanna move (quite understandable)
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom