Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Well, no job for me this summer, and I have to return to Memphis to move in before classes start on the 25th.

earlier I just had an interview at Sam's last month, and I kept calling back to see if I got hired. Manager just told me he is still interviewingpotential workers, and a month later, still no return back.

So for now, I'm just going to get my #!$$ done this fall semester before I consider finding a job again.

For college students, what would be the earliest to look for a job?

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

been unemployed since Feb. and ive filled out 579869879 online job apps. I hate the fact that you cant just walk into a place and apply anymore. I feel that if I could go in and talk to the hiring manager and hand them an app id be able to get any job I apply for im that good. But all these stupid @@#!## companies want you to fill out an online app and spend 30 minutes answering "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" questions that dont have jack @%%* to do with my ability to perform a job.
I feel you
tired.gif

Couldn't get a job this summer but I was recruited. New York Life offered me a job as a financial sales rep but withdrew it when I told them I'm stillin school. That also happened with some other places I applied at (Niketown NY). Sucks that I couldn't get hired because of that but whatever. When I getback to school I'm going to get a work study job or two. If I can make at least $100 a week with my schedule I'd be satisfied.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

been unemployed since Feb. and ive filled out 579869879 online job apps. I hate the fact that you cant just walk into a place and apply anymore. I feel that if I could go in and talk to the hiring manager and hand them an app id be able to get any job I apply for im that good. But all these stupid @@#!## companies want you to fill out an online app and spend 30 minutes answering "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" questions that dont have jack @%%* to do with my ability to perform a job.
Good god I hate that crap. I've also applied online at the Home Depot this summer, and went through that entire process. I decided to callthe HR manager at the HD closest to my house, and he reviewed my online application. Dude just told me I wasn't qualified to be considered for aninterview, so he told me I have to retake it again. Screw that.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

To all of you overqualified guys applying at jobs that don't require a degree, like retails jobs--have you ever thought of lying about your education? Think about it....it isn't like this job to get you through is going to be your career. Tell them what they want to hear and roll with it for the time being.

I've never heard of companies doing background checks to determine if someone DOES have a degree when they say they DON'T, right? Especially when the position doesn't require it.

Just make some $+%@ up. Time are tough; it's time to get grimey with it in order to eat.
you have a point but its easier said then done.

If you gonna X off the education you gotta fill in a 3-5 year gap perhaps. You gonna have to come up with some hogwash (travelled, illness..) or get fugazireferences from some non existant employer(s). It's worth a try if you know your more than likely gonna get deaded for having a degree i guess.

I graduated in May with a Masters in Architecture, and I've been looking for an architecture job since. It's starting to get tough, because I'mused to always being busy, and now I have nothing to do but be on Niketalk. I think I'm addicted to NT now....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Its about time to start applying again with people going back to school. In the mean time I have plenty of sneakers for sale that can cheer you up once youreceive them.

Originally Posted by DMan14

^ what happened to the job interview where you had to possibly move?
im assuming you got a sales background with engineering degree...
just curious, do you even mention the sales job you recently got on your resume, if it was that short of period?

keep grinding...

as for me, im considering leaving stuff out some stuff to not seem overqualified for some lower jobs i apply to. cant even get a low paying job, smh

you go to school, grad, and there are no avail jobs, what kind of $**+ is that???ugh
I took the interview...but the situation is ******ED...I went to the interview. Hadgood feedback, took a pretty tricky aptitude test (I think I did well).
Got a call the next day from the recruiter handling the job and he says they have concerns of meactually wanting to move out to the location. He hinted that because I was black that they thought that I wouldn't feel comfortable in the town which isall white. I was supposed to hear back from them this week, but I don't think that I will. I'm just going to email the recruiter and see what he has tosay.

I don't know why people just don't have the decency to tell you where you stand once adecision is made....

As for the job I left - everyone I tell about the job understands why I left....it is a 50-60 hr aweek position where you make 1500 a month (if there are no sales). They understand that it was a waste of time....I did however leave it on my resume.

I've got another phone interview on Thursday morning with this company out in my city....Iinterviewed with the company last fall and left a good impression, but just didn't have enough experience. However they wanted to get me back into therunnings....this job would be ideal and put me exactly where I want to be. It has the potential to be a 6 figure position and will allow me to get myprofessional engineer designation within 5 years....I just hate phone interviews because you can never really gauge reactions on the phone. And my voice isvery deep and I can't suppress that very well....

I'm also gonna create a dumb version of my resume and put in some fake positions and have my friends be my references.

Originally Posted by TD The God

just curious, do you even mention the sales job you recently got on your resume, if it was that short of period?

keep grinding...

as for me, im considering leaving stuff out some stuff to not seem overqualified for some lower jobs i apply to. cant even get a low paying job, smh

you go to school, grad, and there are no avail jobs, what kind of $**+ is that???ugh
I took the interview...but the situation is ******ED...I went to the interview. Had good feedback, took a pretty tricky aptitude test (I think I did well).
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Got a call the next day from the recruiter handling the job and he says they have concerns of me actually wanting to move out to the location. He hinted that because I was black that they thought that I wouldn't feel comfortable in the town which is all white.[/color] I was supposed to hear back from them this week, but I don't think that I will. I'm just going to email the recruiter and see what he has to say.

I don't know why people just don't have the decency to tell you where you stand once a decision is made....

As for the job I left - everyone I tell about the job understand why I left....it is a 50-60 hr a week position where you make 1500 a month (if there are no sales). They understand that it was a waste of time....I did however leave it on my resume.

I've got another phone interview on Thursday morning with this company out in my city....I interviewed with the company last fall and left a good impression, but just didn't have enough experience. However they wanted to get me back into the runnings....this job would be ideal and put me exactly where I want to be. It has the potential to be a 6 figure position and will allow me to get my professional engineer designation within 5 years....I just hate phone interviews because you can never really gauge reactions on the phone. And my voice is very deep and I can't suppress that very well....

I'm also gonna create a dumb version of my resume and put in some fake positions and have my friends be my references.
Job discrimination FTL. How dare your recruiter would think of such a thing.
smh.gif

Any engineers (any discipline)/technical people/architects that might need a job, try my oldemployer (message me for details)
They are hiring in the following areas:

Ft. Myers, FL
Mexico City, Mexico
Monterrey, Mexico
Montreal, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Winnipeg, Canada
Other major Canadian cities
Alberta, Calgary
Edmonton, Canada
Ottawa, Canada
Windsor, Canada

Dallas, TX
Everett, Washington (near Seattle)
San Diego, CA (must speak Spanish)
Chicopee, MA
Vancouver, British Columbia
Toronto, Canada

Company is great if you get in....salary is decent in these times.

Anyone in here have experience in marketing?

My company (Wireless Industry) is looking for a Marketing Manager in SoCal/San Diego, that has experience/contacts in media buying (radio, OOH, TV, etc),events, sales, and consumer marketing.

No recent grads w/no experience, no glorified street teamers. A degree is important, but not necessary.

PM me if you're qualified.

I want to say...Ain't it a %+%%% for those of us with college degrees that essentially cannot get a job because of that same reason.
smh.gif

Over qualified or under qualified FTL. What gives? We got loans to pay off.

I got a job, but I'm just sayin...I'm being greedy and trying to move to another area and I feel like I was before I got my current job. Only thing isI still have the security of having a job. So that's nice.

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Got a call the next day from the recruiter handling the job and he says they have concerns of me actually wanting to move out to the location. He hinted that because I was black that they thought that I wouldn't feel comfortable in the town which is all white.[/color]
Job discrimination FTL. How dare your recruiter would think of such a thing.
smh.gif
I know, but I agree that the concern was actually genuine in this case....they want tomake sure that the person is serious about staying with the company for the long-term. The town sucks....and they realize that me being a young, single blackmale, there really isn't going to be much to make me want to stay in the town outside of work

Time to bring this thread back.....cause I ain't working...

Anyone know anybody who needs a technical sales rep/applications engineer?

google verizon careers my friend

Originally Posted by ccb21040

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Time to bring this thread back.....cause I ain't working...[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Anyone know anybody who needs a technical sales rep/applications engineer?[/color]

google verizon careers my friend
I live in Canada and I couldn't cross the border for a job like that

keep grinding...

I took the interview...but the situation is ******ED...I went to the interview. Had good feedback, took a pretty tricky aptitude test (I think I did well).
Got a call the next day from the recruiter handling the job and he says they have concerns of me actually wanting to move out to the location. He hinted that because I was black that they thought that I wouldn't feel comfortable in the town which is all white. I was supposed to hear back from them this week, but I don't think that I will. I'm just going to email the recruiter and see what he has to say.

I don't know why people just don't have the decency to tell you where you stand once a decision is made....
i absolutely hate that, why give me your business card if you will never answer back to me
grin.gif

@$!* it, NT, we should create and put this on our resumes
vandelay_industries_shirt.jpg

we could reference each other
roll.gif

I'm in the same boat....
frown.gif
.... I have my guard card and I'm about to apply for security officer. Hopefully I can get a job at a hospital so I can bagme a nurse...
smile.gif

Checking In

Man I been wishing and praying somebody would call me back for anything PT or FT I don't care I just a need a job ASAP

I just got layed off in July from Grocers Supply In Houston Tx.

Damn Times Are Hard

Originally Posted by Ridgemont Fly

Checking In

Man I been wishing and praying somebody would call me back for anything PT or FT I don't care I just a need a job ASAP

I just got layed off in July from Grocers Supply In Houston Tx.

Damn Times Are Hard
eek.gif
dang bro sorry to here that. i been trying to get on therebut i never get a reply, i been looking for a job soo hard but nothing has happend. if i dont get a job and change my ways my po will send me back to jail andthats real talk. i got 30 days to make a change and it seems highly unlikely. I NEED A DAMN JOB!
tired.gif

i hate the job search.....i thought i nailed the job at sprint....but nah...they aint even call back to tell me i aint get it, and that was like 2.5 monthsago....and i live in the worst place of all for a job!

Back
Top Bottom