Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I guess my phone interview went well, they want me to schedule a time to talk to the hiring manager 8) I really need to kill it during this next step

So there's a questioner on the online application one of them is " Provide an example of how the quality of your work impacts others around you." I'm having a hard time answering that question can someone fill me in please thanks.

So there's a questioner on the online application one of them is " Provide an example of how the quality of your work impacts others around you." I'm having a hard time answering that question can someone fill me in please thanks.
By taking pride in my work and ensuring that its of the highest quality, it impacts my coworkers in that we can move forward with other projects instead wasting time and resources on one.

^^^ that sounds good thanks
nthat.gif

Quit my job at the bank so I can focus on school (18 credit hours this semester) and had to loan my pops $500
mean.gif
and unfortunately I don't come from a well off family.

Pretty much decimated my account, so I basically have to get right back into the workforce.

I could probably get a job at a bank anywhere in the city, but im just minoring Finance and majoring in Computer Science.

Does anyone know what the best job would be for a CS major? Places to internship at? Haven't started any of my CS classes yet and everything I know now in terms of hardware (built my own pc) and software is self taught.

Last edited:
Just check your school's career center. They should have a job board.
You can just get a job at a bank to make some side cash while applying to places with CS related stuff since it might be a bit hard because you have no experience.
I've been doing 15-16 credits per semester and working ~25 hours per week for all of my college years so far so you can def still do well in school and have a side job

Just check your school's career center. They should have a job board.
You can just get a job at a bank to make some side cash while applying to places with CS related stuff since it might be a bit hard because you have no experience.
I've been doing 15-16 credits per semester and working ~25 hours per week for all of my college years so far so you can def still do well in school and have a side job
Which job did you work? My problem was mainly the lack of free time.

Wake up, go to class, go to work, come home, study, sleep, repeat.

Preferably if my job isn't CS related at least it could be something that allows me to study at the same time.

^I was an accounting intern at a fortune 500 company

For me i guess my schedule was great since i had all my class on tuesdays/thursdays. So basically I worked M/W/F and had classes on T/TH from 9AM to 9PM
Able to go to a bar on F/Sat night and still be able to catch up on schoolwork over the weekend since i had Sat/Sun free. All my homeworks were all online posted at the beginning of the semester so i usually read ahead and do the homeworks ahead of schedule

Quit my job at the bank so I can focus on school (18 credit hours this semester) and had to loan my pops $500
mean.gif
and unfortunately I don't come from a well off family.

Pretty much decimated my account, so I basically have to get right back into the workforce.

I could probably get a job at a bank anywhere in the city, but im just minoring Finance and majoring in Computer Science.

Does anyone know what the best job would be for a CS major? Places to internship at? Haven't started any of my CS classes yet and everything I know now in terms of hardware (built my own pc) and software is self taught.
Worst feeling. My savings account has gone from $15K to $2K in two years
mean.gif

What are some good part-time jobs to suppliment a full-time? I'm talking 7-11 kinda hours. Or weekend. Help me out.

Server/waiter... especially if you're willing to work nights or weekends. It'll be more work than other jobs (like the 24 fitness suggestion), but you'll walk out with cash in hand every night and a Friday/Saturday dinner plus another weekend lunch would give you some nice extra money.

Thank for that. I've actually been talking to my sister about getting me in at the restaurant she works at. You have some good points.

I'm looking forward to it.

For any nter's not married holla at the oilfields . I started in June and I'm currently making about 9-12k a month . If you don't want to do that try to obtain a cdl class a with as many endorsements as possible along with a twic card. You will never be without a job if u have a cdl

Been trying to get in contact with the human resources representative that contacted me last week and she hasn't gotten back to me. Had to fill out a secondary application to bring in before the interview and two of my references only have email addresses as a way to get in touch with them instead of a phone number. Need for her to get back to me soon so that I know what to do.

Thank for that. I've actually been talking to my sister about getting me in at the restaurant she works at. You have some good points.

I'm looking forward to it.
I know UPS is always hiring package handlers for various hours. They'll help you out with tuition if you go to school too.

I used to work for a guy who was a higher up with SBE in Beverly Hills, hopefully that namedrop can help me get into this Hotel business around here. I been out of work since September 2nd. Self worth at an all time low, but I feel very confident about the things I sent out this morning. :x being jobless sucks, I forgot how bad it was.

Start a temporary assignment tomorrow. Found out just a few minutes ago. Appreciate that this staffing agency is trying help me find long term in addition to temp stuff just to get the ball rolling, but this was flat out unprofessional. If the client didn't get back to you between business hours then tell me the next day. What if I had stuff planned for the next day smh. Sorry for the vent. I just found it extremely rude to contact me at this hour. Thankfully I hadn't fallen asleep yet or I wouldn't have even seen it.

Got an interview today for an Admin Asst position w/ the county health department. Wish me luck bros and to those that do, say a prayer for your brethren

And now I wait. Felt I answered the questions well though I got the vibe that they wanted somebody who is more of a career admin asst. Can just hope and pray

Got a letter in the mail yesterday stating that they went with another candidate. Thinking about telling them to remove my name from the list of available candidates. :smh:

Got an email today from a recruiter saying that she saw my resume on Monster, had two jobs she thought I would be qualified for, and added me on LinkedIn. Couldnt even believe it. Waiting to see what happens cause I didnt respond till like 9 PM

Last edited:
Got an email today from a recruiter saying that she saw my resume on Monster, had two jobs she thought I would be qualified for, and added me on LinkedIn. Couldnt even believe it. Waiting to see what happens cause I didnt respond till like 9 PM

Hope that pans out fam. I got a similar message in May that got me the job I got now. Blessings.

So I had my 2nd phone interview with this company today and I think it went well. It was pretty informal and I answered the questions pretty well and he seemed to have interest. At this point I'm aware that they would prefer someone with more experience but the hiring manager made it clear that that wasn't going to be the determining factor for this position. Hopefully I'm the guy they go with but until then I'm back to searching for jobs on Linkedin and Indeed although it feels like I've reviewed EVERY position possible.

I know things are tough fellas but one thing that helps me get through this is telling myself that I'm "one month away from my new job" It may sound a lil corny but one of these days I really will be one month away from my new job :lol:

Did my Freshman year of college, but my mom got into a car accident and bought a new car a month ago so there was no hope for me to return this year. Also barely missed the deadline to apply to my local community college. :smh:

Applied to RadioShack, HomeDepot, and I'm going to a recruitment session or something for a HomeGoods Warehouse position. Trying to stay positive after not hearing anything bad from the other two. I have seasonal work experience from two summers, but I don't have any references because I've never maintained connection :smh:

I know my situation is a lot smaller than most of the regulars in here, but does anyone have any advice they can spare? I really need to start working ASAP so I can pay the student loans payments looming on the horizon (I'm pretty sure I'll start seeing them by the end of the month) and save money towards community college in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom