Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I email internally often. Direct emails to the hiring managers after I’ve applied to the positions and barely hear back.

I hear success stories from others who have done the same tho.

Anyone have any Spotify connections?

I work in global brand management for a luxury fashion company, but want to get back into tech/music (prior experience).

Question for my Uber drivers.

How does insurance work?

Like can I use my current insurance or I need a special insurance?

Not an Uber Driver but from my understanding is you use both your personal insurance and the insurance Uber provides, but the app has to be on for Uber's insurance.

That is correct. Tbh, I’m not sure why one has to provide personal insurance when Uber or Lyft provides it to you. App is on, they use theirs. App is off, your personal comes in.

That is correct. Tbh, I’m not sure why one has to provide personal insurance when Uber or Lyft provides it to you. App is on, they use theirs. App is off, your personal comes in.
Ok, I thought it was like a monthly fee for their insurance, but I understand. In sure you're still paying for it.

Uber has to be the biggest scam for drivers.

I did a few Ubers today and I was getting base minimum of 3 dollars. When the customer started complaining about her fee she stated she had to paid 6.90. So that means uber took more than half of your fee. I don't even know how people dont revolt.

The other problem I have now is that since opening an account and going online with Uber my other apps havent sent me orders. Doordash for example was sending me about 5 to 6 orders daily and since I have open Uber app, I havent received any.

Wtf.

I can careless how much money anyone in a big city can make driving Uber, how is this ****ing legal?

Screenshot_20181025-221444_Uber Driver.jpg

Uber took more than half for absolutely doing nothing. I'm sure there are a lot of people that have complained about this, but being that I'm new to it, what a rip off.

This is truly discouraging, at to insult, Uber sent me an email stating since I didnt make the guarantee 150 for 25 rides, they were going to supplement the rest. SMH

Just got a job offer with Lockheed Fort Worth, Does anyone know where a good place to stay (live) and stay out of? Its a pretty big city.

I ****ing hate Uber man ....

Look at this BS.... I know I keep posting and *****ing, but we really need to get together and try to revolt man.

Screenshot_20181028-092235_Uber Driver.jpg

How the **** does Uber makes almost the same as me that did all the work and calls it a service fee?

This service fee is made up BS to defraud the driver.

But here is a doosie for you guys ....

Screenshot_20181028-214831_Uber Driver.jpg

How does UBER make more than me the driver? This is beyond unethical and criminal ...

I have been doing this for a week, and it's because I need to have some income; however, this is exploitation at its finest.

I used to drive for ubereats a lot but i don't recall seeing what the customer paid or what Uber received.

I'm in a slightly better position now financially so i don't do it anymore but it was clutch during times when i needed bread... Makes you look at $100 a whoooole lot differently :smh:

Pipe dream question but I'm getting ready to move closer to work and into a place that will cost more as a result. Really would love to find a second online job of sorts that floats like $500 month.

Pipe dream question but I'm getting ready to move closer to work and into a place that will cost more as a result. Really would love to find a second online job of sorts that floats like $500 month.

Take a look at upwork, if you have solid skills in just about any industry you can take on freelance contracts.

So tight

Job called me and spoke on the phone

Would have been perfect. More money. Working in NYC. Doing what I do now, but actually supervising a small team!

I don't have any official supervisor experience and that was the end of it :frown:

Contract ends today at work. Looking to pick up a few additional side hustles, potentially even a PT role to really get my business up and running.

May even take on another contract 12-18 months, just gotta get out of the race.

Applied for another position at Kaiser through a referral. Hoping I hear some good news within the next week.

Hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom