Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Just tell them earlier in the week you have a doctor's appointment at that time and you need to leave early. Or call out sick that day.

Last edited:
About to start looking into becoming a safety rep/technician for Hess. Met a guy who is making 30-40k a month :x out here in ND working for Hess. Told me the next time he comes to my job he would write down the courses I need to take to get started. Hopefully he helps me out some some good information...

Last edited:
About to start looking into becoming a safety rep/technician for Hess. Met a guy who is making 30-40k a month :x out here in ND working for Hess. Told me the next time he comes to my job he would write down the courses I need to take to get started. Hopefully he helps me out some some good information...

That nd oil life ain't no joke and the cost of living is stupid high because its so many jobs there. I know guys who make 800 a days up there but they have to sign a contract and the standard of living is terrible

That nd oil life ain't no joke and the cost of living is stupid high because its so many jobs there. I know guys who make 800 a days up there but they have to sign a contract and the standard of living is terrible

Trust me I know :lol: I'm in ND right now and was working pipeline work for a while. The work isn't too bad but its the hours and time away from family that sucks. I was working 10-14hr days for 2-3 weeks at a time with maybe a day off every once in a while. It's definitely not for everyone and I would not want to do it as a long term career. But this safety postion is something I have to look into

Last edited:
Trust me I know
laugh.gif
I'm in ND right now and was working pipeline work for a while. The work isn't too bad but its the hours and time away from family that sucks. I was working 10-14hr days for 2-3 weeks at a time with maybe a day off every once in a while. It's definitely not for everyone and I would not want to do it as a long term career. But this safety postion is something I have to look into
what company you with ? and you do know that south texas is the new nd they found a huge shale and everybody is opening up a facility down there 

Trust me I know :lol: I'm in ND right now and was working pipeline work for a while. The work isn't too bad but its the hours and time away from family that sucks. I was working 10-14hr days for 2-3 weeks at a time with maybe a day off every once in a while. It's definitely not for everyone and I would not want to do it as a long term career. But this safety postion is something I have to look into
what company you with ? and you do know that south texas is the new nd they found a huge shale and everybody is opening up a facility down there 

I was working for a company called KS Industries. I've heard but I think the pay in ND is higher then in Texas. Starting pay is 18 for most companies out here and some give per diem which ranges from 20-150. If you have a CDL you're making 20-22 to start out. But like you said earlier cost of living is probably higher here because the housing situation hasn't caught up to the amount of people working out here. There are companies like TIC that provide housing free of charge at a man camp but will only give you 50 per diem. But these man camps are nice...own room, share bathroom, free food, laundry, game rooms, gym, and some even have pools :lol:

I was working for a company called KS Industries. I've heard but I think the pay in ND is higher then in Texas. Starting pay is 18 for most companies out here and some give per diem which ranges from 20-150. If you have a CDL you're making 20-22 to start out. But like you said earlier cost of living is probably higher here because the housing situation hasn't caught up to the amount of people working out here. There are companies like TIC that provide housing free of charge at a man camp but will only give you 50 per diem. But these man camps are nice...own room, share bathroom, free food, laundry, game rooms, gym, and some even have pools :lol:

Yeah I got on with halliburton down here finally I kinda did want to do nd for a few but I couldn't do those winters . The pay is about 4-5 dollars less but you still get the per diem and hours as you would there I know sanjel was looking to hire 250 people at 15 to start in San Antonio last week. The only reason I picked big h is the work and contracts are always gonna be there and theirs always room to advance and move . I've heard too many horror stories of peeps leaving getting on with another company that offers more pay only to barley get those hours promised

looking for a job now... i'm employed but the job is WOAT... it's hard finding something that i qualify for that isn't pretty much the same job smh i'm trying to get an overnight gig working in a warehouse or something

Yeah Halliburton is a good company to work for. Congrats on that bro. The winters here are terrible :x heck its June and it was 37 degrees yesterday morning :smh:

There are definitely companies out here that hire a bunch of people and promise a ton of work and then after one big job they lay off a lot of these guys. Best thing to do is to try and find larger more established companies like Halliburton for sure. From what I've heard there is plenty of work for the next 15-20 years here in ND. Hopefully its true...

Yeah Halliburton is a good company to work for. Congrats on that bro. The winters here are terrible
sick.gif
heck its June and it was 37 degrees yesterday morning
mean.gif

There are definitely companies out here that hire a bunch of people and promise a ton of work and then after one big job they lay off a lot of these guys. Best thing to do is to try and find larger more established companies like Halliburton for sure. From what I've heard there is plenty of work for the next 15-20 years here in ND. Hopefully its true...
its true but its only a matter of time before those high wages start falling up there probally 2-3 years away.its already alot of companies undercutting each other up there to secure leases and contracts.  how long you gonna be up there and have you ever thought of coming to texas. I know the money u there is good but you can make about 20k a year less and be home everyday also with no state income taxes it balances out alot closer than people think. my schedule right know is 6/3 there was an option to do 8/4 or 21/8 but 6/3 is more of a normal lifestyle schedule and the hours are like shift work 12 hr shift 4 hour travel time from worksite to camp or facility in elmendorf 

Yeah Halliburton is a good company to work for. Congrats on that bro. The winters here are terrible :x heck its June and it was 37 degrees yesterday morning :smh:

its true but its only a matter of time before those high wages start falling up there probally 2-3 years away.its already alot of companies undercutting each other up there to secure leases and contracts.  how long you gonna be up there and have you ever thought of coming to texas. I know the money u there is good but you can make about 20k a year less and be home everyday also with no state income taxes it balances out alot closer than people think. my schedule right know is 6/3 there was an option to do 8/4 or 21/8 but 6/3 is more of a normal lifestyle schedule and the hours are like shift work 12 hr shift 4 hour travel time from worksite to camp or facility in elmendorf 

Not sure how long I'll be up here. Planning on doing some traveling by fall for a few months and then if I come back to the states I'll probably end up working wherever the work is at to be honest. Hopefully all the networking will pay off and I'll be able to get my foot in the door with Hess later on and get an entry level safety position. They work 6 weeks on with 2 weeks off.

Not sure how long I'll be up here. Planning on doing some traveling by fall for a few months and then if I come back to the states I'll probably end up working wherever the work is at to be honest. Hopefully all the networking will pay off and I'll be able to get my foot in the door with Hess later on and get an entry level safety position. They work 6 weeks on with 2 weeks off.
damb lol. they work the same region for 6 weeks checking all the leases or company equipment and safety meetings. well my man if you need or want to come down south im pretty sure i can get you on since you already have experience . if you want a more stable famliy life you should look into hauling crude because they work shift and are d.o.t but im pretty sure u knew that being in the industry most drivers i know make 1500 a week easy 

I may have just gotten a break. My dude is a vzw store mgr in Houston and he says that his dm really trusts his judgment with hiring new people. He says that he recommended another guy and he pretty much got the job iimmediately. I live in Alabama and I've been looking for a way out for a while.

damb lol. they work the same region for 6 weeks checking all the leases or company equipment and safety meetings. well my man if you need or want to come down south im pretty sure i can get you on since you already have experience . if you want a more stable famliy life you should look into hauling crude because they work shift and are d.o.t but im pretty sure u knew that being in the industry most drivers i know make 1500 a week easy 

PM sent

Been at Walgreens for almost 2 months now. I know longer work night shifts on the weekends (or any other day) because I also took the Job at Vons. Been working anywhere between 44-58 hours between the 2. I guess I've gotten used to the jobs, because they aren't such a drag anymore and times moves at an ok pace, but I'm standing on my feet all day. When I work both jobs (tomorrow, and Friday for example) I work about 14-16 hours in 1 day.

I've gotten to like Walgreens more and more because they pay me more than Vons (10/hr, 9/hr) plus it's only half a mile away from home. Vons is about 15 or so...

I really don't like Vons too much because of all their damn strict rules and policies. I have to join the Union and pay fees, I am not allowed to have any facial hair (only a mustache) so I'm shaving like 3 times a week. I have to wear a button up white shirt ( no polo ) black pants and all black shoes. I wore some black blasers with a white nike swoosh last week, The manager told me not to ever wear those again... :smh: PLUS I have to wake up at 4:10 everyday to shower, get dressed, and punch in at 5. **** really sucks when I get off at 11 or 11:30 at walgreens the night before...

Keeping an eye out for another job so I can leave Vons. I wont quit, I need the money. Those 6/7 weeks that I went without receiving my Unemployment benefits set me back like 3 months, no lie...

Quit my job in February to focus on my class.
4 months later I only have 50 cents in my bank account but I have a B- in class.
Don't. know whether to look for a job or hold on another 3 weeks. Final is worth 40 percent

I've been unemployed for almost a year and the person who I thought I was going to marry recently left me, so it hasn't been the best year for me. I know that times are bleak for me right now, but I'm hopeful. I just need a fresh start. I'm not sure whether to go back to school or continue looking for a job.

I've been unemployed for almost a year and the person who I thought I was going to marry recently left me, so it hasn't been the best year for me. I know that times are bleak for me right now, but I'm hopeful. I just need a fresh start. I'm not sure whether to go back to school or continue looking for a job.

Things can only get better from now on. Maybe you'llmet someone better and.or get a better job :smile:

I was unemployed for a year so I feel your pain. If you got a geico in your area apply and u can use me as a ref. Here is my employee id 162797. Hope that helps. Keep ya head up

Appreciate the love fam

So, I've been working at Whole Foods for about 3 weeks now, and so far the job is straight. I get to look at beautiful women all day, and I got some cool co-workers. :smokin

Only thing I don't like is when I do receiving and I have to stock that cold *** freezer :x: x :x
Also the juice bar gets hectic at times and the customers are rude as hell. But other than that, all the yambs come to the juice bar in tights with the camel toe pokin' :pimp:

Looking for a job in Houston TX

I have an issue. I'm an immigrant and have had an expired work permit for the last 3 years, forcing me to do odd jobs to cover my bills and as such, I have learned the skills of DJing and photography, but as I just got a new worker's permit that is valid, I would like a normal job in addition to my gigs..
..but I haven't worked in 3 years on paper, and don't know how I'd get re-acclimated to the normal work world. Have yall ever gone a long time without working? Where'd you pick back up at?
I was in the same boat as you, I never had an official job and had been jobless for the past 3 years. Last time I had a job was in high school, getting paid under the table cash. How do you get re-acclimated with the normal work world? Once you get a job and they train you, work your *** off and learn things as quickly as possible so they don't tell you what you have to do twice. Once they see your work ethic, you're good money 8)

Any architects out there?  I'm in Dallas and firms are starting to hire, but are looking for people with A LOT of experience.  Just wondering what everyone else is seeing
hit up ootherocoo, I believe he's an architect but he's located in NY

Just heard back from another start up I applied to. I had great experience but their needs changed and they eliminated the position. Probably worse than not getting the job in favor of someone else. I need something soon. Next week I hear back from the company I mentioned earlier but it seems like an eternity from now.

good lord you guys, i dont know how i do it anymore, im getting absolutely nothing from my search

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom