Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

no luck on my side. been applying for paralegal positions, office assistant/clerk, anything to put my degree to use but nada. i tried signing up for community college but got screwed 
mean.gif

Me and my buddies all recently started a social media marketing job. Basically you get payed to market a product to people. You dont have to sell the product just get its name out there. For anybody interested let me know. Its not a scam by any means or else i wouldnt post it here.

Just got back from my second interview at the same place that's offering me to relocate to Johor Malaysia. The guy I interviewed with said it can be from 6 months to a couple of years. Everything will be paid such as housing etc.. He then said that there's going to be some learning/schooling I must take. With that being said, they're are going to make me sign a contract that says if I ever decided to quit before the contract ends I'm going to have to pay back the money they "invested" on me and this contract can be up to 3 years! lmao! I don't know about 3 years but I'm willing to sign a 6 months contract just to test the waters. Does this sounds fishy to anyone. Any of you fellas signed contract like this. They haven't gave me the contract to sign yet, this is just what/we talked about at the interview.

I actually read a few articles about working overseas a while ago and Malaysia was one of the places. They were trying to get Americans to work over there because managers found that they were better able to work independently and weren't as submissive as the Malaysians, something like that. Man, why not go over there for a year. Housing and whatnot paid for too? Go, stack, and see the world. Matter fact, any more info on that :nerd:

Unemployment is running out and I'm getting absolutely no call backs. So frustrating. Late on rent, looks like I will have to lose my apt. I've even tried selling stuff on Craigslist, paintings/drawings I've done. One guy hit me up about some rims I was selling for 500, but he changed his mind. Someone has to call about a job soon.

Damn, that sucks... Don't know I f u have, but maybe you should start applying at places that pay less than what you're accustomed to. Get 2 avg. paying jobs to make up for he lack of pay, one if the am and one in the pm.

That's what I'm doing now...

Keep your head up man, something has to fall through as long as you keep applying.

I actually read a few articles about working overseas a while ago and Malaysia was one of the places. They were trying to get Americans to work over there because managers found that they were better able to work independently and weren't as submissive as the Malaysians, something like that. Man, why not go over there for a year. Housing and whatnot paid for too? Go, stack, and see the world. Matter fact, any more info on that :nerd:

It's CNC Program position. They are willing to train/put me into school but I've done all the classes and I'm certified. I mean I don't mind learning knew technology and stuff but the thought of paying them back if I opt out of my contract that gets me. hhaha

The job/company is out here in Bay Area CA and they have companies all around the world. The first question the interviewer asked me if I'm ready to see beautiful Asian girls. lmlao

It's CNC Program position. They are willing to train/put me into school but I've done all the classes and I'm certified. I mean I don't mind learning knew technology and stuff but the thought of paying them back if I opt out of my contract that gets me. hhaha

The job/company is out here in Bay Area CA and they have companies all around the world. The first question the interviewer asked me if I'm ready to see beautiful Asian girls. lmlao

Do I need a IT/CS degree for this? I'm getting desperate here. :nerd:

I wouldn't agree to nothing like that without a time frame for how long I'm staying on location and I've always tried to avoid companies that make you sign a payback contract unless I'm certain I'm trying to make a career there

Do I need a IT/CS degree for this? I'm getting desperate here. :nerd:

You need experience in programming CNC Machines. Look into your local community college for some classes. You can get the certificate in less than a couple of semester, all depends on you. You can pretty much get a job any where in the world with this skill. If you can find a company that's looking for entry level that is willing to train you onsite, that's even better!

came home from my interview feeling great, will find out next week, job sounds awesome, i thought it was part time and paid minium wage but it's full time with a salary so im hyped, got little sleep cause i was so nervous but im buzzing right now

The hiring for the program is now being held up by budget issues. I'm really getting frustrated here. I need to hear something or get another interview soon.

Just heard back from the place I interviewed at a few weeks ago. I'm on the shortlist of final candidates. Hoping that I can get at least 30 hours so that I can still interview at other places should I still get them. Cant even get something part time with my skill set because employers know that I will be gone given the first opportunity.

what are you interviewing for?

what are you interviewing for?
I've interviewed from an Editor position with Bleacher Report to social media related positions. Waiting to hear back regarding this SEO job out in Hoboken. So much crap is holding up their decision which should have been made almost a month ago.

HILTON GARDEN INN HARBOR VIEW SUFFOLK, VA IS LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED COOKS. IMMEDIATE HIRE. IF YOURE RELIABLE, COME IN AND DROP A APP. 

5921 Harbour View Blvd
Suffolk, Va
(757) 484-9001

DO NOT REFER NT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM PLEASE.

Last edited:
HILTON GARDEN INN HARBOR VIEW SUFFOLK, VA IS LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED COOKS. IMMEDIATE HIRE. IF YOURE RELIABLE, COME IN AND DROP A APP. 

5921 Harbour View Blvd
Suffolk, Va

(757) 484-9001

DO NOT REFER NT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM PLEASE.

Any Front of House positions available?

So I'm currently a college undergrad
Working part time at an office but job isn't related to major
Now I been applying to jobs more related to my major and I got an offer but it's unpaid

I can take this position and still maintain my current hours at the office

Question is, should I? I was thinking of taking it and keep applying to paid ones but the thing is if I get an offer from a paid one it would look bad if I leave too quick

What would you guys do?

Take it and continue to work while searching for one that is paid. If you get a paid offer, give the unpaid job proper notice.

Finally heard back from the company I interviewed for and I was thrown a huge curve ball that was almost insulting. I don't want to come off as ungrateful to anyone that is also posting in here and experiencing the same difficulties as I am, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. The length of the position is now part time temporary, the hours were cut down from what the minimum was and the pay was changed from what was discussed in the interview. I'm going to have to think about it, because while I do need a job and badly, I'm torn when it comes to making a decision.

If anyone in NYC, knows of anything that is full time and has decent pay please let me know. I have resumes/cover letters available and LinkedIn if you want to connect. This is frustrating and ruined my day. I'm going to attempt to negotiate more hours because as of right now it really doesn't seem worth it to me especially when I have to commute to another state. Its right across the water, but the principle of the matter still stands.

Last edited:
Are you guys wearing suits to your interviews?

I usually wear a nice dress shirt and slacks. I wonder if its that big of a deal.

The only problem I see is if everyone else interviewing is wearing a suit and you're not.. that'll be a lil embarrassing.

Are you guys wearing suits to your interviews?

I usually wear a nice dress shirt and slacks. I wonder if its that big of a deal.

The only problem I see is if everyone else interviewing is wearing a suit and you're not.. that'll be a lil embarrassing.

It depends where you're interviewing and what the position is, but the general rule of thumb is at least wear a shirt and tie, slacks, dress shoes.

Back
Top Bottom