Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I'm faced with a mini-dilemma here: I already accepted and signed a job offer letter for a company, but they haven't given me a start date as of now. However, I just got an e-mail from a another company about a phone interview. Should I just go ahead and take the interview and see where it goes? It's from a company I like and always thought of as one of my first choices, but of course, I also figure I can go over there later on.

Originally Posted by acidicality

I'm faced with a mini-dilemma here: I already accepted and signed a job offer letter for a company, but they haven't given me a start date as of now. However, I just got an e-mail from a another company about a phone interview. Should I just go ahead and take the interview and see where it goes? It's from a company I like and always thought of as one of my first choices, but of course, I also figure I can go over there later on.

whats the worst that can happen? you get offered BOTH jobs?   i cant see you losing hear besides not getting the job.......but you cant NOT get the job if you dont apply

acidicality wrote:

honestly you have a few play calls you could do here.. you could go the way of the job that pays more
wink.gif
.... or which job has the quickest road to advancement or which job is longest driving time for you and days off/ vacation time also checkout the health insurance factor (how much will you end up paying monthly.. what's your chances of getting that other job?? def do the interview and at the end of the interview,  even let them know that you have another job that pays more- make them up the ante!!  trust me this WORKS
happy.gif
.. at the end of the day it's your choice.. the ball is in your corner so don't get nervous...def  make sure you have that other job lock though

I accepted a job, been working here for a week and a job I preferred called me outta the blue and wants me to interview. How do I 1. find time to interview, I work from 7:30-4:30 and the other place is a 9-5 and 2. If I get the job, how bad does it look quitting a job I was at for 2 or so weeks?

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

I accepted a job, been working here for a week and a job I preferred called me outta the blue and wants me to interview. How do I 1. find time to interview, I work from 7:30-4:30 and the other place is a 9-5 and 2. If I get the job, how bad does it look quitting a job I was at for 2 or so weeks?
If the job is worth it, makes you happier, has a higher salary, and has greater potential for advancement, then DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO.

1) doctor's appt/dentist appt/eye appt/sick/family emergency
2) irrelevant.... you wouldnt place a company that you've worked at for 2 weeks on your resume anyways.

Decided not to follow through with the interview at the other place, since I got my start date (next week). There wasn't any way I would be able to follow through with their interview process if I had started work there...hopefully I won't regret it
laugh.gif
, but I am very content and happy with the job I accepted, so I'll do everything I can to make sure it's good.

Just received a job offer after 2 years of searching and applying.

2s781w7.jpg

[font='Times New Roman', serif]
[/font]

Browsing this thread, i'm the opposite. I've got a @*$%%@ retail job that i've been at for five years now and i'm gonna head in today to quit. With holidays coming up i can't do another holiday season working there. I got into an accident on my bike and a few days ago agreed with the settlement from the insurance company. It's enough to last me a good 4-5 months at least. Gonna enjoy the upcoming holidays not worried about working and i can actually enjoy Christmas this year. This time a year i'm always salty as hell cause i couldn't stand my job, would bring my frustration home which was no bueno.

It's something i've mulled over the last week and decided it's the best thing for me. Hopefully you guys are successful at finding a job you can be happy with. I'll be searching almost everyday in my free time as well, gonna be selective though as what i'm gonna go for. No more retail that's for damn sure.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Just received a job offer after 2 years of searching and applying.

2s781w7.jpg

[font='Times New Roman', serif]
[/font]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i've had three interviews with a fourth one coming up. pray for me.
happy.gif

^^feel your pain
since summer started i turned in about 20 application
my uncle was like you have to lie about job experience i was blown
what pisses me off is when jobs says their hiring and they don't call you back
like #+% +*!+ doesn't make any sense im a 19 yrs old and these fools be hiring 15/16 yrs that pisses me big time
i just recently graduated and these fools be hiring youngins im like come on i need a job more these these katz

after months of unemployment. i'm 34 days away from starting my new job.

finally got called back and was offered an assistant store manager position at Wal-Mart.

i'm excited. only backdraw is I have to move to a small town for the position.
when i got off the phone i was.... 
14vh27o.gif

got a job. the pay isn't what i want but a job is a job. i'll make it work and make the best out of this opportunity.
blee dat.

tumblr_lsehggbH1h1qkh195.gif

just bumping to see where everyone is at. just went to a temp agency and filled out forms and took some tests. hopefully, they can get me some work because the retail gig im doing now is depressing.

I got laid of Sept. 30.  I got offered a job with Hewlett Packard which I start Monday for 10k more a year than I was getting.  I'm 
pimp.gif

I haven't seen or heard from this post in a while, Thought I'd update you guys:

As of today, I got hired for a part time position at an after school program. after I get home and take a nap, I get a call.

The Ross behind my house wants me to interview tomorrow. Then I have a friend who works in ITT tech who wants me to come in to test for a Educational Recruiter position on thursday.

Just keep trying fellas. There's something out there for all of us. Just gotta be patient and understanding. Things will happen in time.

Finally got a job after quite some time.

Been there since mid-July. Not my intended field or industry, but a job's a job right now. The only thing I like about this job is the people; the pay isn't great, which was expected since it's still a relatively young company. I'm staying for at least a year to get relevant experience because unless major changes are made within the company, I don't know if I would want to stay there for longer than a year.

Btw, I'm in operations management for an e-commerce company.

Had a interview last week, thought it went really well....but no call back when the manager told me that they would call back on tuesday (today).
frown.gif
Feelsbadman...But i will call tomorrow around midday and inquire on the job...wish me luck yall

Been doing a lot of interviewing lately...
I had a 2nd interview with a place I really, really want to work at in SF and I thought I had a really good chance at getting hired.  Found out the next day they had passed on me and I immediately gave one of the main people I had been talking to a call.  I basically told him that I really wanted to work there and I will do whatever it takes to prove that I can do the job.  Everyone I interviewed with liked me and he respected that so much that he is having me come back in on Thursday and its basically up to me to sell myself.  

Back
Top Bottom