Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

pimp.gif
start in my buildings call center next Thursday

Originally Posted by OkayKK

Originally Posted by pookieman

Question - do you guys think that it's best to use point form when describing your work experience or can a 4 sentence paragraph do the trick?  I'm applying to a massive job and I can't tell what to do...

thanks in advance.....btw, I started this thread like 3 years ago, good to see that it's still goin

I separated them into two sentence paragraphs.  Example: As a *insert title* with so and so, I increased revenue by 40% followed by yada yada.  You can use point form also, bullets might make it cleaner.  Just try to fit everything neatly on one page.
Bullet points is the way to go, resume's should be quick and to the point.  Use power words, don't be vague, and if you made money for a company or increase profits...mention it.

Sad but true, you will work hours on a resume and the person that will actually hire you will get it in their hands 2-5 minutes before they see you.  It's just the way it is now.

No job either, but I'm a student.
My boy just got hired at Skywalker Ranch tho. Hoping to get connected there soon.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by greatESQUEape

does anyone know of any job opportunities in the DMV, preferably DC or Fairfax County?
nerd.gif

looking as well. I have administrative experience.I'm looking for anything in fairfax/prince william county.Anyone have luck on Craigslist? I feel like everytime I send them my resume I get no responses or anything.
frown.gif

Just landed a job at JC Penny.. The problem is its a seasonal position and I will be returning home for the holidays(Im away for college). Sad part is that I didnt even find out it was a seasonal position until I went in for the interview and I didnt want to waste my time so I just went with it..I might be able to get 2 paycheck before they get rid of me.

Hoping something good comes up...place im at now is beyond terrible...pay is terrible..lack of professionalism....but..any type of income is appreciated....

Had a interview and second interview, I thought I had it. They even said I was in. However, the job they were supposed to get didn't plan out. smh
Being a Machinist can be tough! Or maybe is just the economy.

Update: I had a interview with this car customization place. The guy liked my worked and gave me two assignments: design a brochure for window tints and another for a alarm system. I also designed a tri-fold brochure detailing everything the company does. In addition, he wanted me to take the current logo for their company and put my own spin on it. I did all of this and he LOVED my work, especially not to have any instruction. 
He said I'm a front runner for the job. If all goes well, I'll have it and start soon. I have to do some PHP and a little beginner level Flash (which I have experience in both). But on the plus side, i'll be making $10,000 a year more than I made on my last job 
pimp.gif

Been unemployed for over a year and some change
frown.gif
if anyone could help me out with anything in NYC i'd appreciate it. thanks guys.

Have an interview for an office assistant position with Northwestern Mutual. I really hope it isn't a sales job.

Been unemployed since June. I've watched my savings go from $15,000 to $3,000 because of bills and such. COBRA payment of $554.00/month=fail.

I have my B.S. in Criminal Justice and plan on taking the Corrections Officer exam next spring, but need something until then. Moving out of my house the 1st week of January so I need something QUICK. I have an appointment with a recruiter about a $14/hr temp FT Data Entry job. Anyone every work Data Entry?

Mad stressed about being unemployed and not finding anything that interests me to hold me over.

An employer has been telling me he would have my Offer Letter this week...for 2 weeks now. Why do you guys suppose this is, busy or having second thoughts?

Anyone needing a quick buck, JC Penney is hiring a +%$$ ton of people throughout the country for holiday work. No drug testing (at least in my area), and a quick 2 day training period. As long as you dont have anything on your record, you'll get the job.

had several phone interviews lately....still hate those!

i never feel like im prepared enough with them...and i feel like i dont ask enough questions or talk enough.

for every phone interview ive completely i have yet to receive a follow up...

I dont feel I totally bomb them or come across as unqualified but It seems as if Im not making enough impact to keep things in motion

Sup fam, just started looking for a job seriously today. Just put in about 10 online apps, and going on Wednesday to fill some out in person.

Did my JC Penney app yesterday morning, about to call them tomorrow to follow up. Ready to get out of my current job which is working for Target.coms warehouse
sick.gif
 %!$$ sucks so much..

Back
Top Bottom