Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Na son wait it out before joining the Army. Make sure you go Officer if you do go active duty

But still wait and grind dude

Just got back to my desk from a phone interview and while it did go well, it also unfortunately felt weird vibes :smh: . Not sure if I even want to bother going in for the in-person interview next week. I'm certainly not desperate, but b/c I am actively looking for a new job, I don't feel as foolish if I decline.

Just got back to my desk from a phone interview and while it did go well, it also unfortunately felt weird vibes
mean.gif
. Not sure if I even want to bother going in for the in-person interview next week. I'm certainly not desperate, but b/c I am actively looking for a new job, I don't feel as foolish if I decline.
It'll help you polish your interviewing skills, even if nothing comes out of it.
That's how I feel

It makes me legit wanna join the army if I don't find anything by December
Don't do it. I had the same thinking, but considered becoming a priest after hitting the 9th month of unemployment.

One month later, I got a full-time offer. Keep pushing, hustling, and networking.

Thanks for the posts ^

The past year has been rough. I didn't think losing a job would lead to legit emotional distress, but damn. I don't have a family either. That's the one upside. I don't have other mouths to feed.

I've had to crib with the rentals to try and keep expenses down and maintain some of my savings (which isn't a lot).

I'm just trying to stay positive. I've been reading books with the "YOLO" message, "The Last Lecture," "Tuesdays with Morrie," etc to talk me off the ledge metaphorically speaking. I put so much pressure on myself and I thought that after 14 months of being unemployed I'd be back on my feet by now.

I don't want to sound like a crybaby because 99% of the world probably has it worse than me. I just look around at my friends and family and they are all thriving. Probably not a good habit to get into, comparing myself to others.
This is totally understandable. My advice to @TroyD above applies here. I've been through this exact thought process.

It's a self-destructive, demoralizing, and humbling experience. Be thankful you have no major expenses -- this slight rough patch should motivate you to be even better.

Last edited:
Na son wait it out before joining the Army. Make sure you go Officer if you do go active duty

But still wait and grind dude

My boy went from wanting to join the army to making 6 figures a year later. Do not join the army.

Hard to not think about it as I'm dead broke rn. I did file for unemployment but the phone meeting is next week and it'll be 200 a week (cheap *** job)

Gotta get somethin soon fam

It'll help you polish your interviewing skills, even if nothing comes out of it.

Don't do it. I had the same thinking, but considered becoming a priest after hitting the 9th month of unemployment.

One month later, I got a full-time offer. Keep pushing, hustling, and networking.

Im tryin. I had 3 interviews so far. Haven't been picked unfortunately and they would have been amazing jobs. So disheartening

This is totally understandable. My advice to @TroyD above applies here. I've been through this exact thought process.

It's a self-destructive, demoralizing, and humbling experience. Be thankful you have no major expenses -- this slight rough patch should motivate you to be even better.
I had the same thought the other day haha. I'm in one of those ruts I feel like I'll never get out of. You described it perfectly. My union is fighting to get me my old job back, so I'm stuck somewhere in between moving on and holding out hope while finding a temporary solution.

Comparing yourself to other people will eat you alive. I try not to do it, but it is a habit that is hard to avoid especially as I approach 30 and things haven't fallen in place the way I had hoped for.

Filled out an application for one of the Big 4 banks about three months ago and they just got back to me the other day. I had to fill out a Tax Credit Survey as that is required of everyone before they interview, according to the e-mail I got. Still waiting to hear from their HR department on when the interview is going to be set up, but I'm really excited for this role. I didn't think that they'd get back to me after this long.

Somewhat related: Reddit's r/jobs section gives me a headache reading it. The questions and situations some people post makes me want to bang my head on my desk.

Nothing wrong with comparing yourself to others. Without benchmarks how will you be able to measure yourself?

Anybody got a tech resume template or advice for putting one together thats gotten them some bites.

It will be a year next month since I graduated and some dark thoughts are starting to creep into my head.

Anybody got a tech resume template or advice for putting one together thats gotten them some bites.

It will be a year next month since I graduated and some dark thoughts are starting to creep into my head.

im out right now but when im back home with my laptop ill go ahead and send you my resume and where ive landed some on-site interviews.

Got an offer doing recruitment. No experience but tons in case management and training/supervision (behavioral health field).

Anyone transition into HR? What's it like?

I just took my resume and removed all the personal info. It used to be in a hidden table but it was harder to share that way. Hopefully it helps.

Here's the template I use

[ATTACHMENT=12832]Resume-Template.doc (51k. doc file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Nice. Keeping it plain is very crucial to not my opinion. Brings more focus to the the content. This one is more fleshed out than mine. I like the line breaks and he has stuff that I left our of mine like GPA and honours that I don't include anymore.

I posted one in the IT thread I'm on mobile right now, so I can post it here once I get to a computer.

From all of the resume fairs amd interviews I have done everyone has complemented on my format and readability.

Primerica almost caught me slippin. They were placing ads around my school campus but conveniently leaving the name of their company out of the ad. Went in for an interview and realized what it was and bounced.

How much do Financial Advisors make?

Should I sit down with them?
What everyone else has said. This isnt truly being a financial advisor. 

Primerica isnt all that bad. They have a legit Retail Advisory business. Their model is just bad.

Retail advisory is basically pointless. People can do what retail advisors do themselves.

I'd ask if theres potential to get your series licenses while at this job. If you can see yourself making a career out of it.

Let me guess, insurance company?

:lol:.

It's a fancy title for "selling insurance"

Don't do it. It's just selling insurance.

They'll pimp you out for $20/hour to get all of your family/friends emails/phone #s and let you go.

What everyone else has said. This isnt truly being a financial advisor. 

Primerica isnt all that bad. They have a legit Retail Advisory business. Their model is just bad.

Retail advisory is basically pointless. People can do what retail advisors do themselves.

I'd ask if theres potential to get your series licenses while at this job. If you can see yourself making a career out of it.

Ahhh I see. I got ya'. Thanks for the looking out.

So basically I'd be sitting on the phone for hours on end, getting people insurance quotes. I'm 27. I dont mind the $20 an hour for now as I produce music and send stuff to management and artists. I'll sit down with them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom