Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

^ Don't quote me on $20.

I remember them pushing hard to recruit interns back when I was still in college. Thankfully never got into that garbage, but all the homies who worked there hated it.

How much do Financial Advisors make?

Should I sit down with them?
I'd stay away.

"There have also been numerous complaints issued by employees of New York Life, for encouraging Multi-level marketing  practices, including lack of base pay, use of high pressure sales tactics, and encouragement on the parts of management to target employees' family members and vulnerable members of employees' communities for sales marks.[sup][14]"[/sup]

How much do Financial Advisors make?

Should I sit down with them?
Probably have to get your own clients = commission based. But if you are a salesman it would be a good opportunity.

Yeah I get a lot of those e-mails every time I re-post my resume on Indeed. Seems like everyone above me nailed it. I treat it like spam.

have any of you guys ever sent a cold message on linked in ?

i went to a consulting firm info session at my university, spoke to one of the managing associates, was going to send him a message via linkedin. Just not sure what route to go when i message him

i went to a consulting firm info session at my university, spoke to one of the managing associates, was going to send him a message via linkedin. Just not sure what route to go when i message him

One of those you miss 100% of the shots you don't take - I would say just try to be as cordial as possible. Reread it several times before sending.

Never done it but I've had it done to me many a time. I'll run through my messages and emails.

I don't know what industry you specialize in or want to work in but it's not a bad idea. You have to come off an sincere and not too desperate. That's a hard line to pray. I usually get bombarded by recruiters every week. Not sure how to approach the other way. But I've had former classmates who didn't land jobs get interviews this way. But it'll depend on industry really.

Never done it but I've had it done to me many a time. I'll run through my messages and emails.
Have any of them ever grabbed your attention in a way that warranted a response? if so mind sharing either here or via dm?
One of those you miss 100% of the shots you don't take - I would say just try to be as cordial as possible. Reread it several times before sending.
yeah same view i have
I don't know what industry you specialize in or want to work in but it's not a bad idea. You have to come off an sincere and not too desperate. That's a hard line to pray. I usually get bombarded by recruiters every week. Not sure how to approach the other way. But I've had former classmates who didn't land jobs get interviews this way. But it'll depend on industry really.
Appreciate it, ive heard its  hit or miss depending on how the message is portrayed

Have any of them ever grabbed your attention in a way that warranted a response? if so mind sharing either here or via dm?

yeah same view i have

Appreciate it, ive heard its  hit or miss depending on how the message is portrayed

Exactly it is hit or miss. If you have a good resume and message the right HR person or recruiter it could work out well. The key is to be persistent. Use everything to your advantage. Like for me I'm expanding my network while working with people of high influence within other firms just in case things turn sour and for some reason my group were to make cuts I'd be relatively safe.

Too many people become complacent when they find a job. The key is to maintain your network and connections, never dismiss people because you never know who they know or where they'll end up. And especially keep in contact with your former supervisors who are high performers. As they progress they take people who they trust with them. I'm from the mindset where you surround yourself and get into groups with lots of hungry people, especially if they are more senior than you.

I still remember the days of cold-messaging folks on LinkedIn.

I had a pretty good hit rate -- around 70% accepted my invite/message (no mutual connection) -- I followed up -- coffee chat/connection made.

Last edited:
^ congrats! I'm a banker and work in the branch and I'm already getting tapped out.

Been applying externally for a month. I would actually want to switch to digital as opposed to retail branch..

I still remember the days of cold-messaging folks on LinkedIn.

I had a pretty good hit rate -- around 70% accepted my invite/message (no mutual connection) -- I followed up -- coffee chat/connection made.
you just motivated me fam. Gonna go on that network messaging...

Close friend of mine is offering me a job from his dad company it's a medical transport he also sent me a pay stub of his and it's about $6-$800 a week make my own schedule. The catch is that I would have to buy a wheelchair approved van that he said he can get me for about 2gs, is it worth it ?

Union is still fighting for me to get my job back that I was laid off from last September. People are retiring from the agency, so that's a good sign budget-wise.

Been looking into picking up a temp gig for the holidays and maybe into the new year, because Uber driving is taking it's toll on my hips and back.

Any recommendations for short term, quick hire gigs?

Was thinking about the Amazon warehouse, but after doing some research it sounds like a sweatshop.

Back
Top Bottom