Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Yup, even if I talked to a co-worker everyday...I still wouldn't let them know about my new job until I officially submit my two week notice.

Yup, even if I talked to a co-worker everyday...I still wouldn't let them know about my new job until I officially submit my two week notice.
Co-workers wouldn't know until my last day, fam.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Home from work, final day was today :pimp: :pimp:

My boss pulled me aside and thanked me for my time, wished me luck (after never had in the last two weeks since I told him), and said his door is open should my new endeavor isn't a fit.

Off til the 27th.

Last edited:
Ex-boss stiffed me on my Christmas bonus :smh: knew that would happen tho. Spiteful because I left the company this week. He doesn't even give out a lot, but that's besides the point.

Ex-boss stiffed me on my Christmas bonus :smh: knew that would happen tho. Spiteful because I left the company this week. He doesn't even give out a lot, but that's besides the point.
That would happen anywhere bro I wouldn't take it personally. Company finds out you're leaving and your bonus is getting cut back.

That would happen anywhere bro I wouldn't take it personally. Company finds out you're leaving and your bonus is getting cut back.

I hear ya. It shouldn't be that way considering I/people in general worked a years worth of time; it shouldn't reflect because I'm out two weeks before the new year. And I only feel slighted by it because my boss kept saying "I view you as my right hand man", thought he would be honorable but I guess not.

Guy was already texting me on Monday asking how to take care of something within one of our programs :rolleyes I answered him hours later.

Last edited:
I've heard horror stories of people putting in their 2 weeks early (1-2 months before leaving) and then getting fired. Because they were at-will employees, their bosses didn't have to tell them why.

I played it relatively safe --

1) Signed new offer + did background check/everything else with new job
2) Used up my remaining paid vacation days while doing all this paperwork with the new job
3) Confirmed with new job that everything was good to go + confirmed the start date
4) Gave notice on Monday (new job start date = 2 Mondays later)
5) Worked my last 2 weeks at the old job

Goal: Sign all the paperwork, background check, etc. with the new company before giving in your notice. You only want to give notice when everything is good to go at your new job and confirmed by HR, etc.

You smart

What did some of you guys major in? Majoring in supply chain/logistics and looking at my job prospects it's not as interesting as I though :frown:

Last edited:
Ex-boss stiffed me on my Christmas bonus
mean.gif
knew that would happen tho. Spiteful because I left the company this week. He doesn't even give out a lot, but that's besides the point.
No surprise here. This seems to be an industry standard: if you're no longer working at a company, HR will treat you like an enemy.
What did some of you guys major in? Majoring in supply chain/logistics and looking at my job prospects it's not as interesting as I though
frown.gif
Finance/Econ
Also, can any of my NT bros look at my resume and help me!
PM me

Last edited:

No surprise here. This seems to be an industry standard: if you're no longer working at a company, HR will treat you like an enemy.

We didn't even have an HR department :lol: that's how small my company is. It's family owned, so my boss and his wife run things; she actually wears the pants in the relationship/business.

I've been trying to help a few cousins of mine find work with records. It's been difficult to see my fam trying to do the right thing and get their life together and not be given a chance
mean.gif

I don't want them to get discouraged and slip back into their old life.

Breh I had one of the worst phone interviews earlier today. Lady that I had the interview with was MAAAD sick. Sniffles, coughing, etc. Her questions were mad shallow and short and never wanted me to elaborate on certain projects I've done or whatever...then she hits me that she'll get back to my sometime after her vacation :smh:

Feel like she aint even wanna talk to me that day lol

our current lease is about to end and building owners prefer to have us out or renew at a much higher rate. they've already emptied out a significant portion of the building and banking on tech companies moving in

if we can't find an affordable place to relocate, the boss may just retire early. better start brushing up my resume |I

Last edited:
Breh I had one of the worst phone interviews earlier today. Lady that I had the interview with was MAAAD sick. Sniffles, coughing, etc. Her questions were mad shallow and short and never wanted me to elaborate on certain projects I've done or whatever...then she hits me that she'll get back to my sometime after her vacation
mean.gif

Feel like she aint even wanna talk to me that day lol
I hate phone interviews, hate, hate, hate.

I had y
To callout be cause i was really sick during my probationary period. Think theyll let me go cause that?

How long are you calling out for, & how long is the probationary period? To give an extreme example, my probationary period lasted 4 years (teacher) so no way I could go that long without taking a few days off.

If you're taking a day or two off because you feel really sick and they let you go for that, you're better off somewhere else anyway.

Back
Top Bottom