Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

What app can I use to access Outlook/Exchange (work email) form home on my MBP? :nerd: Would be easier to scan thru my inbox on the laptop quicker than mobile.

What app can I use to access Outlook/Exchange (work email) form home on my MBP?
nerd.gif
Would be easier to scan thru my inbox on the laptop quicker than mobile.
Just use the "email" program included in Macbook software. Google it b

What app can I use to access Outlook/Exchange (work email) form home on my MBP? :nerd: Would be easier to scan thru my inbox on the laptop quicker than mobile.
m
Ur work email would have to be on some type of third party server in which u can access

May go this route, forgot I could :lol:

Willing to bet you have OWA.

OWA is Office 365 right? Don't believe we're running under that. In fact, FWIW I believe I may be on Exchange if that makes a difference.

Just got word Friday that some budget cuts were made and my territory was included. My position will end 6/30.so lame because I moved here in January specifically for this job. It was a nationwide cut so I'm assuming a few hundred spots were removed. I'm not totally bummed because I've got something to keep food on the table (uber eats) until something solid comes in. They say that there's a 3 month assignment under the company that we would have a good chance at securing, so I may hop on that to buy time.
Sorry to hear. Not a good feeling at all. Especially for you being that you relocated. Be careful with the Uber thing because it might mess with your unemployment if you intend to file.

I use the Office 365 Portal to check my work email, but I'm pretty sure your company has to pay for that license.

May go this route, forgot I could :lol:

Willing to bet you have OWA.

OWA is Office 365 right? Don't believe we're running under that. In fact, FWIW I believe I may be on Exchange if that makes a difference.

Not Office 365, outlook web access, it's a feature of exchange (and O365) that allows the admin to create a link specific to your company that users can login to using a browser.

ie https://owa.marriott.com, then you enter you domain/username and pass. You might see that information in your outlook if you go to file>account.

Last edited:
Been unemployed for 3 weeks. Got laid off. But I just got this new gig where im working with a company driving they van on the road in a different state.

I don't have any kids or girl so i'm exited and happy to be back on my feet.

That $315 a week was not cutting it man

Haven't been in here since I got my current job 3 years ago. Since then I've gotten 2 promotions and 4 raises. I actually really like my job and have slowly been getting even more responsibility and opportunities that I've wanted. For some reason, though, I feel like it's time to move on. I think part of is that I want to try my hand at the sports industry. I'm currently in the video game industry which is also cool but I hardly play them anymore 
laugh.gif

Anyone been in this position before? Making decent money, good role, happy with management etc. but just kinda wanting something else. 

I've been applying to some NBA and MLB teams as a Marketing Manager. Willing to relocate anywhere for the right position.

Yes. But don't leave until you have somewhere else to go.

Bottom line, chase your dreams.

Reactions: HIM
Haven't been in here since I got my current job 3 years ago. Since then I've gotten 2 promotions and 4 raises. I actually really like my job and have slowly been getting even more responsibility and opportunities that I've wanted. For some reason, though, I feel like it's time to move on. I think part of is that I want to try my hand at the sports industry. I'm currently in the video game industry which is also cool but I hardly play them anymore :lol:

Anyone been in this position before? Making decent money, good role, happy with management etc. but just kinda wanting something else. 

I've been applying to some NBA and MLB teams as a Marketing Manager. Willing to relocate anywhere for the right position.
Easier to find a job when you already have one.

I just updated my resume last week for the first time since I got my job even though I don't plan on going anywhere.

Haven't been in here since I got my current job 3 years ago. Since then I've gotten 2 promotions and 4 raises. I actually really like my job and have slowly been getting even more responsibility and opportunities that I've wanted. For some reason, though, I feel like it's time to move on. I think part of is that I want to try my hand at the sports industry. I'm currently in the video game industry which is also cool but I hardly play them anymore 
laugh.gif

​What you should do is follow each team on social media then see which one is lacking followers, posts, etc. I think the Hawks had a horrible social media person...

So here we are...
What do you guys do to pass the time?
(Besides filling out a bunch of apps all day)

Starting to feel like (actually I've felt like this for awhile)...a BS is essentially worthless in today's job market. More like a GED or HS diploma..

Back
Top Bottom