Joe Rogan Podcast

I don’t know much about Rogan so my comment might be uninformed. This is based off the few times i’ve listened. He just has normal convos with a broad variety of people - which many people find engaging.

It seems like he doesn’t get the gravity of having such a huge platform and how much it shapes thought. We have a problem in this country of elevating people to huge platforms that are not versed in science, public policy, etc. I don’t blame him he gets paid but our country is run off some very superficial level thinking.
That’s a lot of opinion on someone who you admittedly don’t know much about.

I knew it was something. Aggression is off the charts in here. :lol:
14206500_G.gif

I’m actually a big fan of elk. :lol: not eating them but just in general.

Me and my boy go on missions just to spot elk. :lol: we found big *** herd of 100+ one day. I guess they are hard to find but we just drove around until we found them. :lol:

Joe Rogan's elk meat advocacy was one of the most outlandish bits on broscience BS to ever go mainstream

Mans was talking about how you feel more connected to nature, and get health and vitality benefits from killing your own meat. Like our ancestors

So to feel like his hunter ancestors Joe Rogan flies first class to the Mountain West. Charters a private helicopter to drop him off in the middle of the wilderness, shoots an elk from far away with a high-powered rifle, then calls the chopper back to pick him up.

Yep, just like his ancestors used to do it.

Last edited:
I’m doing it wrong, I just drive around the mountain west until you see one sleeping on the side of the road and then there’s usually a ton more off in the cut.

Then I don’t kill them and say “damn that’s sick” or something and try to take a pic in the dark off my phone that looks like a horror movie.

Joe has talked about voting for Obama twice. I was an early JRE listener, he definitely was a slightly different person back then. I didn't really care about politics/social issues until I started listening to him. I credit him for awaring me to how gay marriage should absolutely be legal, criminalization of cannabis hurts black people more than any other demographic, that people don't start from the same place and some need more help than others.

To his credit he still believes in these issues but he's one of those people who have been completely turned off by the super woke generation. If you listen to his pretty recent podcast with Ben Shapiro, he argues with him about gay marriage as well as the behavior of cops, both issues that make him seem liberal, but he's just been very vocal about dismissing the ultra wokeness these past few years. To the point it seems like he's over compensating towards the right to express how much he dislikes the super left.

Like most people in this country, we can hold different beliefs about different issues and that's where Rogan seems to lie. Most of us on NT don't watch Fox News so we'll only see the clips where Rogan seems more right wing than not.
Fox will never play clips of the liberal side of Rogan as they need his soundbites so we've got this sort of weird distorted version of who Rogan is.

I still listen to him because he still gets a ton of interesting guests on and I agree with him on a lot of things, and I just skip the ones where I know I just won't agree with a single thing that's said in the episode (e.g. regarding his stance on the vaccine).

Pretty wild, it took JOE ROGAN to get you to that point. Kudos for growing and learning. For real. But it’s always interesting to me, who people will lend their ear to. Because I’m sure, you’ve heard this from the people it’s actually affected, and never took them for their word.

It’s pretty obvious who Joe Rogan is :lol:

Mans was talking about how you feel more connected to nature and get health and vitality benefits from killing your own meat. Like our ancestors

Of course you can't measure it but I do believe there is a heightened sense of appreciation when you consume something you killed/caught/grew yourself vs. buying it from the store.

As far as getting "more" health benefits? Not sure about that unless you are claiming you won't be stuffing your product with preservatives that would more likely be used had the food come from a factory.

My boy has a small beef operation. I help him out with it from time to time and I helped him get it off the ground.

I don’t feel like i appreciate eating “Bruce” the steer to tried to kill me any more than food from the store but I appreciate the process more and have a little more respect for farmers.

I also feel like it opened my eyes. Nothing is cruel about pasture raised beef. It’s the dairy that is insanely cruel.

Of course you can't measure it but I do believe there is a heightened sense of appreciation when you consume something you killed/caught/grew yourself vs. buying it from the store
As a youth, I watched a goat and many chickens be slaughtered before they ended on my plate.

I'll take all the store bought meat and none of the PTSD; the sound of dying animals is unforgettable (not in a good way).

Of course you can't measure it but I do believe there is a heightened sense of appreciation when you consume something you killed/caught/grew yourself vs. buying it from the store.

As far as getting "more" health benefits? Not sure about that unless you are claiming you won't be stuffing your product with preservatives that would more likely be used had the food come from a factory.
Rogan was saying eating virile animals like Elk will increase a man's own testosterone and virility.

Not really through any chemical reaction, but just because of like "vibes"

As a youth, I watched a goat and many chickens be slaughtered before they ended on my plate.

I'll take all the store bought meat and none of the PTSD; the sound of dying animals is unforgettable (not in a good way).

Yes, some things make folks squeamish.; I won't deny that.

I don’t eat pork because I killed some pigs and it was foul. Those guys are like dogs.
I got a homeboy like that. He can't eat pork because he used to work in his family's pig farm, then one summer he worked at a petting zoo that had pigs and he said that he noticed how intelligent pigs are. Then when he went back to the farm he the noticed how so much of the pigs behavior wasn't them just being dumb animals but reacting to their environment. And how they would adjust if conditions changed

He said the next time he saw a pig being slaughtered he got sick to his stomach.

A few years later he was a vegetarian. If he would give up eggs and butter he would pretty much be a vegan.

The wild hog problem in the Southern US damn near sent his uncle's farm into bankruptcy and he finds that hilarious.

I eat meat (way less than I used to) I don't judge anyone for eating it either, but damn, it is kinda ****ed how many animals we kill then waste their meat, and it is really ****ed up how we treat most animals before they get slaughtered.

That's why I'm welcoming the lab grown meat era with open arms.

Last edited:
Yeah man they don’t belong in those huge sheds just crammed in there.

I used to work at this animal sanctuary volunteering and I took care of the pigs there. When they are outside roaming around they are super chill and just like big dogs. They just come up begging for food and want to get pet. :lol:

They are super smart. Probably smarter than a dog tbh.

I don’t feel bad eating beef because they just live outside chilling. It’s not perfect but way better than pigs. The thing that sucks about beef is they throw them all in a truck and drive them to the slaughter house. Other than that they have a chill life.

Me and your boy sound like we have similar experiences RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

I’ve seen how much food is wasted first hand. Truck loads of dead pigs. I used to work at this place called Sanimax. They recycle dead animals. These industrial farms would fill a truckload of dead pigs or turkeys a day.

I like those farms that shoot the cow on the spot and process it right there so it never has to be stressed in transport and see a slaughter house.

I wish it was more popular but no one wants to pay for that.

Back
Top Bottom