Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Had to bump this thread bc this kid can rap. I've been waiting for him to put out a project. Anyone listen to Kirk's? I been meaning to...

Had to bump this thread bc this kid can rap. I've been waiting for him to put out a project. Anyone listen to Kirk's? I been meaning to...

I've always thought Nyck Caution had potential. Good to hear he has a project coming out.

I haven't listened to Kirk's project. I have to check it out but I would like to hear what others who have listened, thought about it.

Yeah, always thought Nyck had potential. Not sure why Joey pushed Kirk to the front when STEEZ passed and not Nyck or CJ Fly.

Also haven't listened to the Kirk project. He just never struck me as a very good rapper or producer. He's a solid producer, but a whole project with just him doesn't excite me at all.

I, too, would like to hear some opinions. I haven't heard much at all about that album.

Last edited:
Yeah, always thought Nyck had potential. Not sure why Joey pushed Kirk to the front when STEEZ passed and not Nyck or CJ Fly.

Also haven't listened to the Kirk project. He just never struck me as a very good rapper or producer. He's a solid producer, but a whole project with just him doesn't excite me at all.

I, too, would like to hear some opinions. I haven't heard much at all about that album.

Same feelings regarding Kirk. Not a very good rapper. I do actually dig his production for the most part but I am not sure I want to sit through a project featuring mainly him. I saw that Hip Hop DX gave it decent reviews.

Same over here with Kirk lol. Overall just slightly avove average for me but I guess Ill give it a listen once finals are done.

Agreed CJ Fly or Caution shouldve been pushed first. Even though Fly has a project I feel like there was no emphasis to push it. Im also trying to hear a Dessy project.

I rarely listen to the radio but had Hot 97 on last night while driving and heard Flex play a new Joey track. I liked the vibe of it but can't find it anywhere not sure its been released yet.

Forgot about Dessy. Gotta go back and listen to Peep The Aprocalypse again. Forgot how good that was.

Can't believe it's been nearly 3 years since PEEP dropped... Felt like PE was on the rise and had a world of potential... Things kind of unraveled after STEEZ passed; I'm kind of surprised they haven't released more material as a group the past couple of years.

Still need to check out that Kirk Knight tape, though I'm kind of hesitant since that CJ Fly tape was meh.

I feel like Joey calling out every single rap blog at one point or another kinda hurt their promotion too. I only really see their music on twitter if it's posted by them themselves

^I like this ready track! I was just listening to B$D***** today. Ready for a new album from Joey as I am intrigued to see his growth as an artist.

Last edited:
Anyone hear this?

So this is what Troy Ave's gotta do to catch even a slight buzz? Clown :lol:

Those Steeze lines were out of line :smh:

Last edited:
Anyone hear this?

So this is what Troy Ave's gotta do to catch even a slight buzz? Clown
laugh.gif

Those Steeze lines were out of line
mean.gif

Did Troy Ave forget he sold like 2k first week and Joey did 50k? 
laugh.gif

Troy Ave is super regular but that diss was EXTRA disrespectful.

Those lines about his mans killing himself :x

After watching the Hot 97 video I went and got the Nyck project...been listening all morning. Very good, I might like it more than B4D*****, it's a smoother sound. Wordsmith is great....

That Troy Ave song is trash, I hope Pro Era goes in on him....granted BSB try to act very hard and Pro Era are admittedly millennials who are more about music than that "thug life", the "streets" really do support Joey because the skills are undeniable. Will love to see how this plays out if it stays on wax...

After seeing Kirk in the video I realize he grew up on the same neighborhood I live...glad to see a local kid being successful and productive

Joey response 
laugh.gif

Obligatory Troy Ave old tweets:

Dude is one of the biggest clowns in hiphop

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom