Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Brooklyn's Own is smoooth! Really feelin' this track. Last two tracks he has dropped with Statik are on point. They need to do a project together.

Yea that record is 
pimp.gif

Boy spittin

Finally watched the full hot97 pro era video. Man I was impressed , Nyck was doing his thing def gonna check for him now. Kirk was mad nervous but he eventually came with it. Joey is def getting better and better. Will cop his next cd, I copped his cd last year and it was one of my favorites from last year.

Last edited:
Finally watched the full hot97 pro era video. Man I was impressed , Nyck was doing his thing def gonna check for him now. Kirk was mad nervous but he eventually came with it. Joey is def getting better and better. Will cop his next cd, I copped his cd last year and it was one of my favorites from last year.

just checked out nyck's stuff on dat piff...i'm really feeling it...the beats could be a little better but lyrics are there...

Good lord he ******* on Troy & Joey gon be in one of the best tv shows of the year....Troy lost :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Ehhh he kinda played it safe not making an actual diss track in my eyes.

Man he dedicated a WHOLE verse to dissing him & not even to mention the lil shots before and after. Yea he aint put it in a song but he still put them shots out there so i dont understand the whole playing it safe thing. I think Troy was working on a whole mixtape dissin Joey cuz he aint got nothing better to do

Good lord he ******* on Troy & Joey gon be in one of the best tv shows of the year....Troy lost :rofl: :rofl:

He **** on your dead friend and you went and wrote a song about it? He should have just let it go or waited until he saw him. What he said was worth fighting over, not doing a song. Other people stood up for your friend more than you did. That's like how Tupac went and ran and wrote a song and did interviews about who shot him.

He **** on your dead friend and you went and wrote a song about it? He should have just let it go or waited until he saw him. What he said was worth fighting over, not doing a song. Other people stood up for your friend more than you did. That's like how Tupac went and ran and wrote a song and did interviews about who shot him.

At least he responded. I thought son was just gon let it fade away but he didnt so this obviously aint over. If they in the same place theres no doubt hands is gon be thrown but at this point Joey has more to lose & nothing to gain from it esculating

I'd rather him to just move on and make Troy look ignorant. What Troy said it's nothing to go write a song about. It crossed that imaginary rap battle line. It was plain ol stupid, and you're making diss songs about sales and being independent. I don't get it.

I'd rather him to just move on and make Troy look ignorant. What Troy said it's nothing to go write a song about. It crossed that imaginary rap battle line. It was plain ol stupid, and you're making diss songs about sales and being independent. I don't get it.

The way you looking at it, puts him in a lose-lose situation tho unless he fades him :lol:

Some people are just too stupid or immature to deal with and either you let it go or deal with it directly. Who wants to see them go back and forth musically? If you're talking about his sales, what do you have to gain? Troy will end up getting more disrespectful because he knows he'll get a response and he knows you won't do anything. At this point just let it go and laugh at the finishline.

Some people are just too stupid or immature to deal with and either you let it go or deal with it directly. Who wants to see them go back and forth musically? If you're talking about his sales, what do you have to gain? Troy will end up getting more disrespectful because he knows he'll get a response and he knows you won't do anything. At this point just let it go and laugh at the finishline.

Hmm i can agree with this. Its already obvious that Troy reached for the only thing he could disrespect Joey with so idk how much further he can really go. Joey trash talkin his sales are just shots at Troy ego which he takes very seriously lol but i see where you coming from now. Jawn was still fire tho

My only thing with the sales talk is he still is ignoring the fact that he really isn't independent.

Troy seems like he is half way dumb tho so i can see him running up on joey if he runs outta topics to talk about in a response

I am feelin Devasted. Very different sound for Joey but its a good song! I can care less about the radio but I can see this getting radio spins for sure.

Last edited:
As much as Joey is at the forefront of Pro Era; I've always felt he wasn't as good as Steez or Dessy Hinds. Not feeling "Devastated", maybe it will need to grow on me.

Back
Top Bottom