sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

joeybadassrejex-450x450.jpg

"1999 Rejex is a compilation of tracks that didn’t make it to my debut mixtape 1999 (obviously). I decided to put this project together because I have a lot of unreleased material that I didn’t want to keep from the ears of my fans and supporters. I also have a couple of tracks on here I did when I was 15 years old (“little rachel”, “indubitable”, and “silent knight”) and I want to show people the progress I’ve made in a couple of years. The remaining songs (“flowers pt. I”, “catharsis”, “panty raid”, “fantum” and “update”) are tracks I dropped prior to the release of ’99 as promo only. I look at Rejex as my more experimental side compared to ’99. Putting together these two projects even taught me a lil sumchin about my evolution as an artist and individual. Watch me go from “Joey B4 DA $” to the “Joey BA DA $”…… If you know what eye mean.. Haha"

I'm a fan. You can tell dude is a student on hip-hop. How many 17 years olds you know have ever even heard of Lord Finnese? Or know where thr hook " Who the f&$@ passed you the mic and said that you could flow..."? This tape is
pimp.gif
and like someone said before he's a young cat so there is definitely a lot of room for growth.

Eh. With the internet and youtube its not nearly as difficult to get into the greats of any genre. Word to "I'm xx and I think this is way better than lil wayne" youtube comments.

That said he's not bad at all but I have no interest in listening to this mixtape from the tracks ive heard.

Son is nice way beyond his years and the best thing is he doesn't sound like he's 17 vocally or content wise.

Haven't played 1999 as much as I should but I look forward to his future work.

Waves reminds me of a pac kind of beat/song. Not only cause there's a lil part where pac is speakin but the beat and vibe.

Also Funky Ho'$ kinda reminds me of Nas' Illmatic album. The beat and vibe.

Much appreciated album. Haven't replayed an album so much since Cudi's "A Kid Named Cudi" mixtape first came out.:pimp:

Waves reminds me of a pac kind of beat/song. Not only cause there's a lil part where pac is speakin but the beat and vibe.

Also Funky Ho'$ kinda reminds me of Nas' Illmatic album. The beat and vibe.

Much appreciated album. Haven't replayed an album so much since Cudi's "A Kid Named Cudi" mixtape first came out.:pimp:

That instrumental from Funky Ho$ is actually from a song that came out in 1997 produced by Lord Finesse. That Golden Age sound :smokin

Dope stuff right here.

I downloaded 1999 and enjoyed it. With Curren$y, KRIT, etc. dropping albums, this got put on the back burner. Homie can definitely rap. Whenever I'm in the mood for that classic NYC vibe I've got a new go to.

Bout to go bump 1999 on my bike ride later.

:smokin

Was late on 1999, i saw son open for Ab-Soul @ BB Kings in NYC this summer and he was aiight.

Just DL'ed 1999 a few days ago and it flows smooth all the way through, almost like its 1 long song/story but in a good way

Im rocking wit the kid :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom