John Wall.....Bust?

If Wall went to a decent team with other solid players surrounding him, cats would be on here saying he's better than cp3. Some of you dudes are funny.

Yall calling this man a bust in just his second year! Son still has the fold print in his jersey cause the joint is still brand new. He may have to take his talents elsewhere but he'll be up there in the rankings one day. Tonight he was just reminding cats what was up in case you forgot why he went numero uno.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

If Wall went to a decent team with other solid players surrounding him, cats would be on here saying he's better than cp3. Some of you dudes are funny.

Yall calling this man a bust in just his second year! Son still has the fold print in his jersey cause the joint is still brand new. He may have to take his talents elsewhere but he'll be up there in the rankings one day. Tonight he was just reminding cats what was up in case you forgot why he went numero uno.

nobody will ever say that

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

He's on a joke of a team.. one that's not conducive to improving as a player and professional.

Especially for a young point guard. He's a guy that'd prefer to get everyone involved, then take over in stretches like he did in Kentucky. Really hard to find that balance in the NBA, especially with a bad team as a PG and as a youngster. He's unselfish, big, and fast. I don't think he's a knucklehead at all. He had a good team around him and even though he was the number 1 prospect, he never ever played selfishly at Kentucky.

I mean everyone can hate on Wall, but he's the only player I've seen consistently beat everyone to the rim at will. I'm not talking half court. I'm talking after a made shot, John'll say F it, I'm scoring and no one is stopping me, and NO ONE IS STOPPING HIM. Awesome to watch.

You must not watch Derrick Rose, Monta Ellis, even Tony Parker, or Russell Westbrook much. In fact, the latter leads guards in points in the paint. John's whole spit a few defenders with the cuff off the dribble, jump off the wrong foot in traffic layup attempt is more miss than hit, of course the hits make the highlights

he woulda been ROY had Blake not recieved a medical redshirt.
Wall's rookie year pretty much parallels that of Rose's.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

he woulda been ROY had Blake not recieved a medical redshirt.
Wall's rookie year pretty much parallels that of Rose's.

It's his second year that has everyone worried

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

IMO Wall better do something by next season for sure or he can be in the "overrated" talks but not bust yet but he's headed there.

Is it too early for him to demand that trade that he will be demanding soon?

laugh.gif
so much idiocy in this thread.. i don't even know what to quote.

Wall, with almost all certainty, will be a top 5 PG within 3-4 years. You'd be an idiot to say otherwise.
And all the people saying "he's gonna leave, demand a trade blah blah"... with the way the CBA is structured there will be no advantage to him not resigning with Washington

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif

Wall, with almost all certainty, will be a top 5 PG within 3-4 years. You'd be an idiot to say otherwise.
And all the people saying "he's gonna leave, demand a trade blah blah"... with the way the CBA is structured there will be no advantage to him not resigning with Washington

What about the advantage of not playing with mental midgets who make him look bad for the rest of his career?

This was pretty interesting..

For those who don't want to look at the chart...

•Wall averages 7.6 assists per game, with a season high of 15 against the Detroit Pistons on February 12.
•He has a total of 118 and an average of 3.6 (rounding up) spot-up assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•He has a total of 40 and an average of 1.2 (rounding down) pick-and-roller assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•He has a total of 87 and an average of 2.6 (rounding down) transition assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•He has a total of 69 and an average of 2.1 (rounding up) assist opportunities of any other kind (non-ISO or post-up) opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•His season high of missed assist opportunities was against the Thunder, when he missed out of 17 additional possible assists. He's also had a game with 16, a game with 15 and a game with 14. He's had 15 instances of double-digit assists being squandered. Eleven of those games prior to Flip Saunders being fired.
•On average, 43.9 percent of Wall's assist opportunities result in actual assists.That means that Wall is averaging 9.7 missed assists per game this season.

I don't know about you, but that seems pretty high. We're talking about 321 total plays where Wall could have had an assist if his teammate just hit the shot. Say Wall's teammates convert on just 100 of those 321 misses. That would take him from averaging 7.6 assists per game to averaging 10.7 assists per game. Only Steve Nash (10.9 assists per game) is posting a higher assist per game average than that.

There are plenty of lessons to glean from this on the unreliability of the assists statistic, Wall's own poor teammates and maybe even Wall's passes themselves. We'll be tracking this every game to see if Wall continues to lose out on many assist opportunities.

http://www.bulletsforever...ington-wizards#storyjump

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

This was pretty interesting..

For those who don't want to look at the chart...

•Wall averages 7.6 assists per game, with a season high of 15 against the Detroit Pistons on February 12.
•He has a total of 118 and an average of 3.6 (rounding up) spot-up assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•He has a total of 40 and an average of 1.2 (rounding down) pick-and-roller assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•He has a total of 87 and an average of 2.6 (rounding down) transition assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•He has a total of 69 and an average of 2.1 (rounding up) assist opportunities of any other kind (non-ISO or post-up) opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.
•His season high of missed assist opportunities was against the Thunder, when he missed out of 17 additional possible assists. He's also had a game with 16, a game with 15 and a game with 14. He's had 15 instances of double-digit assists being squandered. Eleven of those games prior to Flip Saunders being fired.
•On average, 43.9 percent of Wall's assist opportunities result in actual assists.That means that Wall is averaging 9.7 missed assists per game this season.

I don't know about you, but that seems pretty high. We're talking about 321 total plays where Wall could have had an assist if his teammate just hit the shot. Say Wall's teammates convert on just 100 of those 321 misses. That would take him from averaging 7.6 assists per game to averaging 10.7 assists per game. Only Steve Nash (10.9 assists per game) is posting a higher assist per game average than that.

There are plenty of lessons to glean from this on the unreliability of the assists statistic, Wall's own poor teammates and maybe even Wall's passes themselves. We'll be tracking this every game to see if Wall continues to lose out on many assist opportunities.

http://www.bulletsforever...ington-wizards#storyjump
I'd love to see how this stacks up to the other PG's he's being compared to in this thread

What are you guys talking about?  John was drafted by an organization that fell off the face of the earth since MJ days.  They have NO FRANCHISE and are constantly in REBUILD MODE. 

He has the size, the athleticism and he is going to be a good point guard if he can be in a system that works.

You don't see no body talking about ****** KEMBA WALKER?  How about the BEN GORDON fall out?

Just because these cats don't do good their first few years, doesn't mean they can't flourish down the road.  Did you all even see WALL do the wrap around dunk?  He has a lot going for him.

It's sad he's on a terrible franchise, as I know he wants out.  He'll have to work on his shot.

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif

What about the advantage of not playing with mental midgets who make him look bad for the rest of his career?

That's worth more money than DC can ever offer him imo.  Sorry Double
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

What are you guys talking about?  John was drafted by an organization that fell off the face of the earth since MJ days.  They have NO FRANCHISE and are constantly in REBUILD MODE. 

laugh.gif
 @ since MJ days. They didn't sniff the playoffs during those days and went for 4 straight years afterwards in the Arenas era. 

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

laugh.gif
 @ since MJ days. They didn't sniff the playoffs during those days and went for 4 straight years afterwards in the Arenas era. 

And arenas is who now? Come on man.  You know what I mean.

The spill over is a great reason why this franchise went tumbling down.  They signed agent Zero w/ everything and he failed to deliver.  Isn't that always the case/ ALA, BEN GORDON.  Who dat?

Who are all these 5 year shelf life guards? COME ON MAN

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

laugh.gif

And arenas is who now? Come on man.  You know what I mean.

The spill over is a great reason why this franchise went tumbling down.  They signed agent Zero w/ everything and he failed to deliver.  Isn't that always the case/ ALA, BEN GORDON.  Who dat?

Who are all these 5 year shelf life guards? COME ON MAN

Whatchu talkin' bout willis?

The first go-round on the contract that brought Arenas from GS to DC was great, and they had a nice squad.  Health was the problem as the "Big 3" were hardly on the floor together.  I don't know what you're getting at. 

That's worth more money than DC can ever offer him imo.  Sorry Double
ohwell.gif

And that's what I'm worried about...

I think it was Dior Paint who said that Wall will probably sign an extension like what Kevin Love did in Minnesota...I gotta agree with that...assuming Wall stays. 

Honestly... if was me... I'm not trying to sign for more than 1yr and I let FO know that in private.

"Look, you have 3 yrs to make moves to convince me to stay otherwise I'm leaving after my rookie contract is up"

I'm not saying you have to become a title contender in 3yrs, but you have to make moves to improve your personnel. You have to get me talent that wants to win. Talent that has a decent IQ. Personnel that can develop me & the rest of the talent.

Wall started slow this season, a shortened training camp sent a lot of players to poor performances out of the gate. Hes been playing really well going into the All-Star Break. And look at the teammates surrounding him. Nick Young has been inconsistent, Rashard Lewis dogs it every night, Javale throws up 3-5 errant skyhooks a game, Blatche is lazy, and his bench is mediocre. Yet he still puts up good assists. No way he falls int he "bust" category yet

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

not a bust, but I thought he would have developed a jumpshot by now. seems like he doesnt work on adding to his game in the offseason.
Suprisingly he says he made 2000 shots a day during the summer and the lockout. But his game really hasn't improved since last season. Not a bust but at this point clearly not as a good of a pg as Kyrie

Originally Posted by dumbout227

not a bust, but I thought he would have developed a jumpshot by now. seems like he doesnt work on adding to his game in the offseason.
Suprisingly he says he made 2000 shots a day during the summer and the lockout. But his game really hasn't improved since last season. Not a bust but at this point clearly not as a good of a pg as Kyrie
John Wall career average - 8.1apg
Kyrie Irving - 5.1

indifferent.gif
at you comparing a shooting guard to one of the most talented passers in the league..

Originally Posted by dumbout227

Agree with this.
Dude is super talented and i think its premature to call him a bust.  But Derrick Rose came into the league as an average jump shooter and now id say he has a very nice jumper.  I don't see wall evolving as fast as D. Rose did.  But i think he has it all except a jumper (and a team around him).  He will end up leaving Washington
frown.gif
 and be a stud somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom