John Wall to Kentucky

pimp.gif

Billy Donovan is NOT better for a program than Cal.

X's and O's...yes.

All I wana know is if Meeks goes pro, who is making shots for UK?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Billy Donovan is NOT better for a program than Cal.

X's and O's...yes.

All I wana know is if Meeks goes pro, who is making shots for UK?
Nobody has the AAU connections like Cal, but it's not like Billy D can't recruit. As far as X's and O's...give him the talent Calhad at Memphis 2 years ago and he would've won his 3rd chip in a row.
I will say that Cal definitely just made Billy's job A LOT harder. Cal could honestly be on his way to building a dynasty like we haven't since theWooden days.
sick.gif

but, Billy D also has had a serious problems with transfers and early departures.

Cal has shown he can rebuild on the fly (possibly due to CUSA), but Donovan has not.

In the next 4-5 years, Cal will win more games, conference titles, conference tourney titles, and ncaa tourney games than Donovan. Now THAT is what won'teven be close. Cal will also reach the Final Four and win a title before Donovan will.

Florida basketball is over people.

All I'm saying is, Cal rebuilt Memphis and UMASS. RESURRECTED Two programs. And he ain't ever had a team w/ 3 1st rounders on there like BD did.

I'm taking Calipari, hands down. Everytime, W/O question.

a few points...

1) I feel bad for Wall. He has basically been a puppet of Brian Clifton for years. I really hope when he gets to the NBA, he has a vet or two that can show himthe ropes and help him mature

2) Cousins and Wall are not academically qualified yet. Im sure Kentucky will get them in

3) it is very hard to make a Final Four. Alot of luck is involved. On paper, UK has alot of talent. But can they mesh in one year? Wall is a tremendous driver,but he has no jumper. How long will it take teams to just lay off him and make him shoot?
You have alot of guys that are going to want the rock on that team, how will the chemistry be? It takes alot more than talent to get far in the NCAA tourney

one thing UK fans must remember....im sure you only care about the end result (that Wall is commited to UK) but he didnt pick UK because he loves UK.
It was chosen for him.....

The kid is a Carolina fan and Carolina wouldnt even offer him a scholarship. He wanted no part of Duke.

It came down to Miami (where Clifton could have alot of control) and UK where WWW who has extreme influence with Nike more than likely convinced Clifton thatCal/UK was the best school to "place" him

For anyone to say this Kentucky Team will not even make the Elite 8 you are sick. This team is going to have enough talent at one time, and likely for one yearto beat Michigan State, easily make a run at Kansas, and likely beat North Carolina. This team is going to be remembered in UK history as a great one.

Originally Posted by IgotIversonHandles

For anyone to say this Kentucky Team will not even make the Elite 8 you are sick. This team is going to have enough talent at one time, and likely for one year to beat Michigan State, easily make a run at Kansas, and likely beat North Carolina. This team is going to be remembered in UK history as a great one.

youre talking about ON paper at this point though.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to predict how these kids will mesh. Will they ALL buy into Cal's system in one year? Will Patterson become jealous of Cousins or viceversa? Is Liggins staying? Because if he is, im sure hes going to have issue with Wall coming in and running the show. If Meeks leaves for sure, where is theshooting coming from? With Wall as your point, simply pack it in the paint and force him to shoot.

Being duke fane I knew he wasn't coming to Durahm.. I would not touch the kid he has handlers and you know what that means. Also he is a 1 and done playerand that has hurt us in the end. I know Cousins Bledsoe and Wall have not qualified yet. Bledsoe wanted to come to Duke but he could not get in . Now I knownext season will be avg , but the Duke 2010 Class will rival this one
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MrDills

Being duke fane I knew he wasn't coming to Durahm.. I would not touch the kid he has handlers and you know what that means. Also he is a 1 and done player and that has hurt us in the end. I know Cousins Bledsoe and Wall have not qualified yet. Bledsoe wanted to come to Duke but he could not get in . Now I know next season will be avg , but the Duke 2010 Class will rival this one
smokin.gif

"not getting in" had less to do with Bledsoe and more to do with K hoping the Wall thing would work out.

The bottomline is, most schools can get you in if they want you bad enough

manamazing55 - you sound a little upset.
grin.gif

who cares about Liggins? he can walk.

Gary Parrish says…
"Seriously, this is not going to stop or even slow down.

This year, it's John Wall.

Next year, it's Brandon Knight.

And if you think I'm being hyperbolic, then consider this question: If Calipari could in various years lure the top prospect from Detroit (Chris Douglas-Roberts), Chicago (Derrick Rose) and Philadelphia (Tyreke Evans) to a C-USA school in the south with just a handful of nationally televised games each season, how difficult do you think it will be for him to do that and more at an SEC school that could routinely lead the country in network appearances?

Answer: Not very difficult at all.

And Tuesday's commitment of the nation's top point guard should serve as another reminder.

Or better yet, a warning."

Jeff Goodman says…
"Wall and Meeks in the backcourt with a big man trio of Patterson and heralded freshmen bigs DeMarcus Cousins and Orton make this group the deepest and most talented in the nation."

%$!* Vitale says…
When you look at the roster, the talent could be second-best behind Kansas…Now it is a matter of expectations, expectations, expectations. Anything short of big-time success will be a letdown for the Kentucky faithful. There aren't any fans that take their basketball more seriously. They travel and support their program. Now they are on cloud nine…The potential is there to have a monster year in Lexington.

Luke Winn says…
"Calipari already had Rivals.com's No. 1 recruiting class for 2009-10 prior to Wall's commitment, but with him Kentucky appears to assembled one of the best recruiting classes of the decade…Multiple NBA sources indicated that Wall would have been a highly coveted pick even without a year of college experience. 'He would have gone in the top three this year, guaranteed,' one NBA executive told SI.com."

Dan Shanoff says…
"Mark it down - Kentucky is going to win the 2010 college hoops national title…It is not even June, and college hoops has its dominant storyline: Kentucky is back. Kentucky is No. 1. Kentucky will win the national title. Because John Wall will lead them."

Mike DeCoursey says…
"Wall will need to adapt to being a part of something bigger than himself and being challenged by consistently high-level competition. That'll be new to him. He'll be the finest talent in college basketball next season, but becoming the most significant player will be a greater challenge."

Michael Eaves says….
"How good is UK commit John Wall? A NBA exec just texted me, 'Calipari signed my draft pick today!'"

Paul Biancardi says…
"All this serves as evidence that Calipari is the best recruiter in college hoops. Keep in mind that he was on the verge of compiling the best 2009 class at Memphis - with Xavier Henry (Oklahoma City/Putnam City) and Cousins among his commits - before taking the Kentucky job. Now, in a completely different situation, Calipari is compiling the top recruiting class in the country with an entirely new group of players. This turn of events is a remarkable one."

AOL Fanhouse says….
"As a result, anaging expectations in Kentucky for coach John Calipari just became that much more difficult. With the top recruiting class and Patrick Patterson already back in the fold for next year, every preseason prognostication will have Kentucky in the top-5 if not the team to beat. If Jodie Meeks pulls his name from the NBA Draft, then expectations in the Commonwealth will be turned up to 11."

Rush The Court says….
"There's little question that John Calipari has had the greatest first six weeks of recruiting in the history of the game at any school…All due respect to the teams domiciled in Lawrence, E. Lansing and Chapel Hill, but that looks like the #1 lineup to us…"

wildKYcat wrote:

manamazing55 - you sound a little upset.
grin.gif

who cares about Liggins? he can walk.

Gary Parrish says…
"Seriously, this is not going to stop or even slow down.

This year, it's John Wall.

Next year, it's Brandon Knight.

And if you think I'm being hyperbolic, then consider this question: If Calipari could in various years lure the top prospect from Detroit (Chris Douglas-Roberts), Chicago (Derrick Rose) and Philadelphia (Tyreke Evans) to a C-USA school in the south with just a handful of nationally televised games each season, how difficult do you think it will be for him to do that and more at an SEC school that could routinely lead the country in network appearances?

Answer: Not very difficult at all.

And Tuesday's commitment of the nation's top point guard should serve as another reminder.

Or better yet, a warning."

Jeff Goodman says…
"Wall and Meeks in the backcourt with a big man trio of Patterson and heralded freshmen bigs DeMarcus Cousins and Orton make this group the deepest and most talented in the nation."

%$!* Vitale says…
When you look at the roster, the talent could be second-best behind Kansas…Now it is a matter of expectations, expectations, expectations. Anything short of big-time success will be a letdown for the Kentucky faithful. There aren't any fans that take their basketball more seriously. They travel and support their program. Now they are on cloud nine…The potential is there to have a monster year in Lexington.

Luke Winn says…
"Calipari already had Rivals.com's No. 1 recruiting class for 2009-10 prior to Wall's commitment, but with him Kentucky appears to assembled one of the best recruiting classes of the decade…Multiple NBA sources indicated that Wall would have been a highly coveted pick even without a year of college experience. 'He would have gone in the top three this year, guaranteed,' one NBA executive told SI.com."

Dan Shanoff says…
"Mark it down - Kentucky is going to win the 2010 college hoops national title…It is not even June, and college hoops has its dominant storyline: Kentucky is back. Kentucky is No. 1. Kentucky will win the national title. Because John Wall will lead them."

Mike DeCoursey says…
"Wall will need to adapt to being a part of something bigger than himself and being challenged by consistently high-level competition. That'll be new to him. He'll be the finest talent in college basketball next season, but becoming the most significant player will be a greater challenge."

Michael Eaves says….
"How good is UK commit John Wall? A NBA exec just texted me, 'Calipari signed my draft pick today!'"

Paul Biancardi says…
"All this serves as evidence that Calipari is the best recruiter in college hoops. Keep in mind that he was on the verge of compiling the best 2009 class at Memphis - with Xavier Henry (Oklahoma City/Putnam City) and Cousins among his commits - before taking the Kentucky job. Now, in a completely different situation, Calipari is compiling the top recruiting class in the country with an entirely new group of players. This turn of events is a remarkable one."

AOL Fanhouse says….
"As a result, anaging expectations in Kentucky for coach John Calipari just became that much more difficult. With the top recruiting class and Patrick Patterson already back in the fold for next year, every preseason prognostication will have Kentucky in the top-5 if not the team to beat. If Jodie Meeks pulls his name from the NBA Draft, then expectations in the Commonwealth will be turned up to 11."

Rush The Court says….
"There's little question that John Calipari has had the greatest first six weeks of recruiting in the history of the game at any school…All due respect to the teams domiciled in Lawrence, E. Lansing and Chapel Hill, but that looks like the #1 lineup to us…"

upset? Why would I be upset, my team didnt even offer the dude. I like how you dismiss a kid like he's a NBA player. The school has promised thesekids free education, to just push them out of the way for incoming players is sickening to me

"Dan Shanoff says…

"Mark it down - Kentucky is going to win the 2010 college hoops national title…It is not even June, and college hoops has its dominant storyline: Kentuckyis back. Kentucky is No. 1. Kentucky will win the national title. Because John Wall will lead them.""

hahaha this is so funny. First off, they are paper champions at this point. NOBODY on that team has had any college success in the tournament.

John Wall is not better than D. Rose and D Rose got them there, but couldnt win it with a better team than UK will have next year

it's real hard to say that a team WON'T win it all ain't it?
eyes.gif

but you're nuts if you think that, with Meeks back, this team doesn't have the players/talent to be an extremely good team and a title contender.

and Wall just said that his plan is to "play for 2 or 3 years at Kentucky."
laugh.gif
yeah right.

Back
Top Bottom