Johnandrew00 Restorations & Sole Swaps

Anyone else have issues with OG jordan 5s? The midsole wont line up right to the shoe and the toe cap is way short the midsole is from the 2013 fire red 5s same size

Anyone else have issues with OG jordan 5s? The midsole wont line up right to the shoe and the toe cap is way short the midsole is from the 2013 fire red 5s same size

Yeah vintage and retro shoes often run differently. I think you'll have to find another pair of donors that fit better.

sick!

I had my military blue IVs sold to a restorer a couple years back. Replaces the sole too, I wish I could of bought it back.

2001 Air Jordan Black / Red I Sole Swap & Full Restoration:

I would say this was a fun project! At first, it was daunting to start working on this pair seeing how repulsive it looks. It honestly looked trashed and I didn't even want to touch it. Once I had a goal to breathe new life into these shoes, there was no turning back. I don't think any part of the project was difficult for me, it was more of the challenge that pursued me to continue until the end.

Follow me on Instagram
@johnandrew00
YouTube.com/johnandrew7
Manalorestorations@gmail.com

You work is on lock. Everything looks so official when its finish.

I do have a question on sole swapping...

Can you sole swap a midsole that is a half size bigger? I have some '94 BC3 for my 7.5 baby feet and its near impossible to find a sole with the inner air pack white in that size without paying $150+ for a whole donor. Would i just have to shave down the midsole in the front toe part?

Hey i have a question im trying to reglue the midsole on the OG space jams and it has a huge gap at the back no matter how i try to reglue it any clue why?

What would you recommend for yellowing white leather? Is a repaint the only way out? Also 1 more super important question. I've tried painting shoes specifically in the toe box area and I can't help but to always end up with the paintd cracking down the toe box creases. Everything else stays, but it seems like the Angelus paint simply cant hang on to areas where creasing is prevalent. What's your technique for these tough areas? 

Can you fix some cracking in the midsole or does that require a sole swap? I don't know anything about restoring shoes.

Last edited:

What would you recommend for yellowing white leather? Is a repaint the only way out? Also 1 more super important question. I've tried painting shoes specifically in the toe box area and I can't help but to always end up with the paintd cracking down the toe box creases. Everything else stays, but it seems like the Angelus paint simply cant hang on to areas where creasing is prevalent. What's your technique for these tough areas? 
Thin multiple layers. Seems like you cake the paint on there. 10 layers of thin coats wont crack since angelus paint is specifically made more leather.
What method do you recommend for removing the outside on Retro 11's? Boiling water? Or Heat gun?
ive never had to swap 11s so I dont know brother sorry

Is it possible to do an Air Jordan 2 sole swap?i just don't see any on YouTube. I was wondering if you have any experience on it. Thank you
johnandrew13 johnandrew13

I have one pair Pure 4 retro 2010 ( crumbled)
Could i use the Flight 89 Donor to Swap with Pure 4s ?
Because my friend he has one pair of bred 4 retro 2012 need to sole swap either , he used the donor of flight 89 at the same size but it would'n fit .
Thanks Fam
(Sorry for my grammar)

Back
Top Bottom