Join us for NikeTalk LIVE 2016, to be held on All Star Sunday, Februrary 14th, in San Francisco!

Okay guys, I have to fall on this grenade...

When answering your questions re: catering, I was under the impression that the vendor selection was a done deal.  Unfortunately, it turns out that the soul food restaurant we'd all hoped to have cater the event was unwilling to work with Wikia to provide the food we wanted for an event of this size.

Specifically, they only wanted to serve appetizers and the minimum order they asked for was more in line with a large wedding feast than a meet-up event for 30-40 people.  

The only thing more disappointing than telling you guys we won't be serving soul food after all would be to serve you $1,500 worth of fried okra, with none of the main courses or side dishes you'd expect when you think of soul food.  

The good news is that our friends at Wikia were able to make arrangements with another caterer, one that will ensure that there is a MAIN DISH available for every single guest.

So, instead of soul food, we'll have Mediterranean food at the event.  

My apologies to those who had their hearts set on soul food as a result of my premature answer. 

For what it's worth, I'm told the Mediterranean food looks awesome, and I hope you'll all enjoy it.    

I may be able to bring fried chicken and waffles from little skillet in the city if anyone is down. My homie works there and does a lot of the catering and marketing for them and she told me it could be possible to get something going for Sunday. I'll keep you guys updated, doesn't look like it'll cost too much but I can try to make this happen if I get more interest.

So.. did they drop the big news yet?

I've heard from some pretty credible sources that they are lowering the wait period to post in General to two weeks instead of a month after signing up.

What a time to be alive.

Anyone down for brunch at Farmer Browns? I know some of you wanted soul food.
Farmer Browns is my ****
That Sunday brunch buffet is :pimp:
Fried chicken
Fried catfish
Waffles
Scrambled eggs
Fried potatoes
Bacon
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
Plus all the other stuff u can order a la cart

Should get there by 12 if anybody wants to link up for a late breakfast/ early lunch and some sight seeing

Is there an official hashtag for this or should we just come up with one right now?

I haven't kept up with this thread since page one, after finding out its on the wet coast.
Just wanted to stop by and wish you all a good time out there. It's cool what's going down, up to you dudes to make it successful and have it expand to the east coast.

NY>Cali

Back
Top Bottom