Jordan 1 High '85 Metallic Burgundy - June 22, 2024

Been non-stop wearing em! By the time the release rolls around these will have been well broken in. Can't wait for the double up!

PXL_20240308_023834927.jpg

Caught my size on slamjam last Saturday. Just got them in yesterday. Very impressed. First 85 at retail lol. Glad to have it out the way.

Been non-stop wearing em! By the time the release rolls around these will have been well broken in. Can't wait for the double up!

PXL_20240308_023834927.jpg

And before anyone says anything. Yes, I have wide feet. No I don't shave my legs, I'm just not a hairy person like that, I'm a big dude, and finally, I have tree trunk legs. I love these shoes and I love how they feel and look on my feet.

Last edited:
And before anyone says anything. Yes, I have wide feet. No I don't shave my legs, I'm just not a hairy person like that, I'm a big dude, and finally, I have tree trunk legs. I love these shoes and I love how they feel and look on my feet.
Have you laced them all the way up since you got them or did they loosen up over time to where you needed to? Did you go TTS?

Have you laced them all the way up since you got them or did they loosen up over time to where you needed to? Did you go TTS?

I lace mine all the way up or 2nd to last hole at any given moment whenever I rock high tops. Due to the nature of the materials and my foot/leg type it took some effort to tie up to the top hole but after like the first few wears its much easier now. They've softened a lil up quite a bit and I feel them breaking in as I bust them out. I went TTS.

85's break in fantastically. I'm doubling up on all OG colorways. That bulba-toe stuff goes out the window if you wear them and do stuff in them.

My 1st pair of the Black/Whites. Battle scar on the side and ifs cool because the leather is legit thick.
20240223_020747.jpg

My beat to perfection Neutrals. At first I ironed the toebox but I wish I hadn't because they flattened with wear and are slightly warped from the initial ironing. Leather softened up so nicely too, these are my go-to's.
20240223_021126.jpg

Neutral Grey low, been wearing these a lot more lately. Can't wait to see them really break in.
20240223_021631.jpg

Don't know when I'll retire these and bust out the new pairs but I love em. 1st pair of burgundy secured and on their way and planning on getting another pair when they release on SNKRS. Same goes for Metallic Blue low 85's. Cant wait to dbl on those.
Playing catch up with this all so forgive me for dragging this on. I originally thought the “‘85” was all for profits, but I see the difference now. I feel bamboozled. I know it was the best option at the time, but the “OG” is a takedown model.

Playing catch up with this all so forgive me for dragging this on. I originally thought the “‘85” was all for profits, but I see the difference now. I feel bamboozled. I know it was the best option at the time, but the “OG” is a takedown model.

It really is. I was wearing my 2015 Chicago's the other day and my feet were cooked off an 8 hr shift. Next day I wore my 85's on the same length shift. Perfectly fine, feet felt recovered, pinky toes were fine etc. Been wearing em everyday and no glaring issues at all. Can't say the same for any High OG model. They're comfortable still but the difference in the longevity of the comfort is very noticeable.

85 cuts make me want to sell all my other 1s. If they start dropping new colors in the low 85s I probably will. As I get older I’m more of a low 1s wearer. Although I still love the highs.

Once they start dropping the real deal colorways in the highs. It’s game over. ( Chicago, Royal, black red etc )

Well... someone on StockX just accepted my $175 bid on my size 10.5, so I have another pair on the way, total was under $215. Happy to get a pair under retail, but now I need to move these size 10s which should be here tomorrow. Lol, should have waited, but I am happy either way.

85 cuts make me want to sell all my other 1s. If they start dropping new colors in the low 85s I probably will. As I get older I’m more of a low 1s wearer. Although I still love the highs.

Once they start dropping the real deal colorways in the highs. It’s game over. ( Chicago, Royal, black red etc )
I did exactly this. 85 retro or bust

Back
Top Bottom