Jordan 1 Retro OG Pinnacle “Vachetta Tan"

I am such an OG colorway snob, but these are the best Jordan's to release in a very long time. Period!

Would love a pair, but I gotta stop/slow down.

Hey Guys, just picked up this pair, slightly worn a few times.
I know vachetta leather has its own aging process but is there any way to get out water stains?

Looks like the pair I received has a water stain on the toe cap.

What are you guys using to clean the shoe after normal wear?

Really don't want to mess up on this shoe, any help is appreciated.

Hey Guys, just picked up this pair, slightly worn a few times.

I know vachetta leather has its own aging process but is there any way to get out water stains?
Looks like the pair I received has a water stain on the toe cap.

What are you guys using to clean the shoe after normal wear?

Really don't want to mess up on this shoe, any help is appreciated.

Sent you a pm

Thanks for the PM.

The water stain on my toe can is not bad at all, but I am more curious in how people are keeping their pairs clean?

Do you guys wipe down with a dry microfiber towel after each wear?  How do you stop dust and dirt from accumulating each time you wear these?

I was hoping those who copped on release day could share their knowledge. I'm hoping that they all actually wear their shoes, pls give us your tips on keeping them clean!

Almost full Restock on Footlocker Europe:

https://www.footlocker.de/de/p/jordan-air-jordan-1-pinnacle-herren-schuhe-4843?v=314105667704

To keep them light and clear: i use a carbon protection spray, called Collonil, there´s probably a similar product on the US market:

Amazon product ASIN B00M880PRU
This really helps to avoid any stains, water drops, even scratches and doesn´t affect the color at all. It is really invisible … i can definitely recommend it!

When not in use i keep the vachettas in the dust bags with wooden shoe trees (to absorb any moisture, definteily better than the IKEA plastic trees :smile: > this definitely slows the aging process. Mine are now 2 months old and haven´t changed much since then.

That is sick! That makes me want to start wearing mine more. How long did it take to get that patina?

Thanks! I got this pair in early November. It doesn't take long actually. Plus they are so comfortable that I love wearing them.

My favorite release of 2015. They keep looking better
Looks good
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Have you ever had to clean them yet?  recommend any products?  Just looking for tips for daily wear :smile: to keep the dirt and grime off

Have you ever had to clean them yet?  recommend any products?  Just looking for tips for daily wear :smile: to keep the dirt and grime off

This and if anyone is putting anything on them before wearing. Mine should be here in a few days and I plan to wear right away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This and if anyone is putting anything on them before wearing. Mine should be here in a few days and I plan to wear right away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't had to clean them up yet besides using a soft rag to get dust off. I applied leather conditioner to my pair not longer after receiving. Some people prefer not to do this, so read up and watch some videos online about vachetta patina. I feel like conditioner helps with water stains. Oil will repel water, and I felt that if you go ahead and get some conditioner into the leather, that it will help avoid those massive water stains. So far, it has worked for me. Getting a lot of sun on the leather will also help the patina develop. 

Anyone know where these can still be purchased close to retail? The pair i bought from the bay was lost in the mail and now I'm back to square one.

Anyone know where these can still be purchased close to retail? The pair i bought from the bay was lost in the mail and now I'm back to square one.
Try calling boutiques around the country and see if they can ship it. Most of them aren't allowed to list Jordans up on their site, that's why they do in store only. So there might be a slight chance some shop is carrying your size and willing to write an invoice or do a phone order.

Try calling boutiques around the country and see if they can ship it. Most of them aren't allowed to list Jordans up on their site, that's why they do in store only. So there might be a slight chance some shop is carrying your size and willing to write an invoice or do a phone order.

I've been out of the game for a really long time, could you recommend a few boutiques to check, or better yet is there a list of boutiques that have a JB account? Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom