Jordan 2011 Sneaker Review (Mini Melo M7 review added as well)

thanks for the reply man. very insightful. and you got a hard colorway too
im gonna look into these

Your review sold me on these..played in my jordan 13 retros last night..felt pretty stiff and weren't the best ride. Used to playing in my kobe ivs and these were nothing compared to that. So bought these to test out and got a pair of Kobe vis ont he way as wel so hopefully i'll be able to rotate the two and have a couple good solid pairs for balling. Thanks for the review

Your review sold me on these..played in my jordan 13 retros last night..felt pretty stiff and weren't the best ride. Used to playing in my kobe ivs and these were nothing compared to that. So bought these to test out and got a pair of Kobe vis ont he way as wel so hopefully i'll be able to rotate the two and have a couple good solid pairs for balling. Thanks for the review

Tryed em out the other day with the zoom bags. must have been the pair I tryed cuz the zoom insoles were springy. Shoe was stiff but mainly cuz of the leather. Great ankle fit, good lockdown. Overall I like them. need to wear them a bit more for the bags to fully break in and then will work on the air max ones probably to throw into something else. Again thanks, pro haven;t felt this way about jordans in along time lol.

Tryed em out the other day with the zoom bags. must have been the pair I tryed cuz the zoom insoles were springy. Shoe was stiff but mainly cuz of the leather. Great ankle fit, good lockdown. Overall I like them. need to wear them a bit more for the bags to fully break in and then will work on the air max ones probably to throw into something else. Again thanks, pro haven;t felt this way about jordans in along time lol.

Thanks for the replies and compliments guys. Hope your all enjoying your 2011's.

I've been using the quick insole and loving this shoe to play. The only issue I have is the traction. If your on a gym floor that is clean it's a great great shoe. A little bit of dust on the floor and your going to be slipping just a little. Not a ton, but a little. Some people nailed it in the official thread that you find in the Jordan Forum. From my past shoes I'd rate the performance of these like this:

Soldier III
Lebron 7 PS
Kobe IV
Jordan 2011
Jordan 2010
Kobe V
KD II
Lebron 7

I love the traction on the Kobe line. Doesn't matter how dirty the floor, those things are sticking! I wish they would make a higher cut version of the kobe line. The problem I have with the KD's are the molded Heel counter they use. I like wearing low cut socks and the heel will cut into you or limit your movement. That's one thing that puts the 2011 over the 2010 and 2009 for me; the fact that they didn't include that.

Thanks for the replies and compliments guys. Hope your all enjoying your 2011's.

I've been using the quick insole and loving this shoe to play. The only issue I have is the traction. If your on a gym floor that is clean it's a great great shoe. A little bit of dust on the floor and your going to be slipping just a little. Not a ton, but a little. Some people nailed it in the official thread that you find in the Jordan Forum. From my past shoes I'd rate the performance of these like this:

Soldier III
Lebron 7 PS
Kobe IV
Jordan 2011
Jordan 2010
Kobe V
KD II
Lebron 7

I love the traction on the Kobe line. Doesn't matter how dirty the floor, those things are sticking! I wish they would make a higher cut version of the kobe line. The problem I have with the KD's are the molded Heel counter they use. I like wearing low cut socks and the heel will cut into you or limit your movement. That's one thing that puts the 2011 over the 2010 and 2009 for me; the fact that they didn't include that.

Correct, The 7 PS wasn't double stacked.

I liked the lightweight package of the Lebron 7PS and it's higher cut.

The one thing the 7 PS suffered from was the the extremely roomy/tall foot area. The same issue I had with the Jordan 2011. It seems the inside is so high you have to tie the shoes extremely tight or double sock to get a good lock down on your foot.

The 7PS had superior traction to me.

Correct, The 7 PS wasn't double stacked.

I liked the lightweight package of the Lebron 7PS and it's higher cut.

The one thing the 7 PS suffered from was the the extremely roomy/tall foot area. The same issue I had with the Jordan 2011. It seems the inside is so high you have to tie the shoes extremely tight or double sock to get a good lock down on your foot.

The 7PS had superior traction to me.

I've played 5-6 times each with the quick and explosive insoles. The quick insoles have nice bouncy zoom and still very good impact protection. The explosive insoles have a nice cushion feeling with even more impact protection. I prefer playing in quicks with that slight bounce to them. I find the full length air in the explosives to feel a little too "dead" for me. If I wore the 2011s casually, I would definitely walk around with the explosives.

The rest of the shoe is excellent. Traction started out good and is now very good/great. Ventilation is great. Comfort, support, and stability are all excellent. Plus, these shoes are light. I really like them.

I've played 5-6 times each with the quick and explosive insoles. The quick insoles have nice bouncy zoom and still very good impact protection. The explosive insoles have a nice cushion feeling with even more impact protection. I prefer playing in quicks with that slight bounce to them. I find the full length air in the explosives to feel a little too "dead" for me. If I wore the 2011s casually, I would definitely walk around with the explosives.

The rest of the shoe is excellent. Traction started out good and is now very good/great. Ventilation is great. Comfort, support, and stability are all excellent. Plus, these shoes are light. I really like them.

Thanks for all the comments and additions guys. This will be the first Jordan I buy multiple pairs of since the xiv. All I can say is wow. I've been playing in leagues and open gyms for a while now since they came out and here are some updates.

Wore the explosives casually. Super comfortable. I was sick this past weekend but had to play Sunday cuz my team is tied for first. I played in the explosives since I figured we would have an easy game and I fell in love. I will try and run a few games in these once I'm healthy but now that they are broken in they are so nice. They no longer feel like I'm standing on a liquid ball where my foot would rotate off the bubble, now my foot sinks in and they feel so nice.

Still love the quicks though.

Wish I could get a little more lockdown in the forefoot are but the fit on these are awesome. I'm usually between 12 and 13 and will get a 12 in my next pair to see if this changes anything.

Gotta get another colorway, I look too silly rocking the blues casually.

The outsole is getting mighty dusty which doesn't bother me, but can't wait to try a colorway with a solid outsole. Not just for the coloring issue, but to see how traction improves. I remember the Kobe line giving me amazing traction when you went with a colorway that had a solid outsole versus the icy.

Thanks for all the comments and additions guys. This will be the first Jordan I buy multiple pairs of since the xiv. All I can say is wow. I've been playing in leagues and open gyms for a while now since they came out and here are some updates.

Wore the explosives casually. Super comfortable. I was sick this past weekend but had to play Sunday cuz my team is tied for first. I played in the explosives since I figured we would have an easy game and I fell in love. I will try and run a few games in these once I'm healthy but now that they are broken in they are so nice. They no longer feel like I'm standing on a liquid ball where my foot would rotate off the bubble, now my foot sinks in and they feel so nice.

Still love the quicks though.

Wish I could get a little more lockdown in the forefoot are but the fit on these are awesome. I'm usually between 12 and 13 and will get a 12 in my next pair to see if this changes anything.

Gotta get another colorway, I look too silly rocking the blues casually.

The outsole is getting mighty dusty which doesn't bother me, but can't wait to try a colorway with a solid outsole. Not just for the coloring issue, but to see how traction improves. I remember the Kobe line giving me amazing traction when you went with a colorway that had a solid outsole versus the icy.

Back
Top Bottom