Jordan 2011 Sneaker Review (Mini Melo M7 review added as well)

I'm pretty sure the LB 7 PS's had double zoom in the heel, or at least a very large zoom bag there.

I'm pretty sure the LB 7 PS's had double zoom in the heel, or at least a very large zoom bag there.

I think double stack is when the insole has zoom in addition to it being inside of the shoe itself.

Then there are the different bag sizes, which I'm pretty sure the Lebron 7 PS had the larger of. Most likely the 14mm bag that Gggggas mentioned in the post at the top. I'm positive it did not have any in the forefoot, but from looking at internet descriptions my best guess is that it was only in the heel.

I think double stack is when the insole has zoom in addition to it being inside of the shoe itself.

Then there are the different bag sizes, which I'm pretty sure the Lebron 7 PS had the larger of. Most likely the 14mm bag that Gggggas mentioned in the post at the top. I'm positive it did not have any in the forefoot, but from looking at internet descriptions my best guess is that it was only in the heel.

This is the overview of the 7 PS. It's a 14mm heel zoom bag. I remember reading somewhere that the forefoot was a 8mm bag. Overall a great cushioning set up.

Double stacked zoom is usually in the midsole. Look around for sketches or dissected photos of the Ultraflights, XVIIIs, XIX/XIX SEs, Lebron V, Lebron VIs, and Jordan 2010s. All of those have nice double stacked heel set ups.

Back to the 2011s...
I'm curious how the blackouts are going to feel with the patent leather. The hand polished patina leather gets really soft with repeated wears and helped the shoes snug up nicely around my foot. Patent leather doesn't soften up or stretch much, so I'm guessing the shoes are going to feel better. Can't wait to get my blackouts and feel the difference.

This is the overview of the 7 PS. It's a 14mm heel zoom bag. I remember reading somewhere that the forefoot was a 8mm bag. Overall a great cushioning set up.

Double stacked zoom is usually in the midsole. Look around for sketches or dissected photos of the Ultraflights, XVIIIs, XIX/XIX SEs, Lebron V, Lebron VIs, and Jordan 2010s. All of those have nice double stacked heel set ups.

Back to the 2011s...
I'm curious how the blackouts are going to feel with the patent leather. The hand polished patina leather gets really soft with repeated wears and helped the shoes snug up nicely around my foot. Patent leather doesn't soften up or stretch much, so I'm guessing the shoes are going to feel better. Can't wait to get my blackouts and feel the difference.

I have yet to pickup my blackouts. wonder if anyone likes the stiffer patent leather or notice a difference.

I have yet to pickup my blackouts. wonder if anyone likes the stiffer patent leather or notice a difference.

I definately notice a difference out of the box compared to my blk/whites. Its a bit uncomfortable when its flexxed. Hopefully that will go away or maybe I won't notice it while hooping. No regrets though, pics don't do these justice thats for sure.  Wade's been playing in patents which is reassuring.   

Edit: Hooped in them yesterday and I've got to say I prefer the patents to play in, they seem to provide a bit more protection on the top of my foot getting stepped on and hug my foot a bit tighter,  I'll update as they continue to break in and provide comparisons.

I definately notice a difference out of the box compared to my blk/whites. Its a bit uncomfortable when its flexxed. Hopefully that will go away or maybe I won't notice it while hooping. No regrets though, pics don't do these justice thats for sure.  Wade's been playing in patents which is reassuring.   

Edit: Hooped in them yesterday and I've got to say I prefer the patents to play in, they seem to provide a bit more protection on the top of my foot getting stepped on and hug my foot a bit tighter,  I'll update as they continue to break in and provide comparisons.

dang the blues look fresh. i am tempted to ditch my kobe sixes for these but kobes are cheaper.

dang the blues look fresh. i am tempted to ditch my kobe sixes for these but kobes are cheaper.

why is the air in the explosive midsole so unsubstantial? a few times i checked out the air and there's like nothing in there. it seems like it's 90% cushlon for the midsole.

why is the air in the explosive midsole so unsubstantial? a few times i checked out the air and there's like nothing in there. it seems like it's 90% cushlon for the midsole.

I'll be getting mine this week. Debating whether to play in these since I got them primarily for casual wear. I'll wear em to an open gym or two and report back.

@CBFPUNCH

Like I said in my initial review, the difference isn't huge between the two. After two or three wearings there was a big difference. The air does become quite pillowy while the zoom retains its firmness.

I'll be getting mine this week. Debating whether to play in these since I got them primarily for casual wear. I'll wear em to an open gym or two and report back.

@CBFPUNCH

Like I said in my initial review, the difference isn't huge between the two. After two or three wearings there was a big difference. The air does become quite pillowy while the zoom retains its firmness.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

How'r the blackout 2011s holding up?

Mine are holding up great so far.  I've put a good 15-20 hours on the court with them.  I definately prefer having a black midsole and laces - my wht/blks got very dirty quickly in those areas.  Also I found myself having to put clear leatherfood on the white/blks every week because the leather seemed to dry out fast.  I haven't managed to get a bad enough scuff on the patent which didn't rub off.  I get alot of people asking me what model Jordan they are, much more than when I was sporting the wht/blks.  During warmup the blackouts feel a bit stiff above where the toes flex and I thought it was going to be an issue but I've yet to notice any discomfort in game.  I'm really impressed with this shoe performance wise, as soon as I spot a good discount I'm jumping on a second pair of the blk/charcoals.

Back
Top Bottom