jordan brand sponsors my cc bball team???

well on friday i was walking around campus. and i see couple of bball players that are wearing hoodies from the bball team and it says delta (the community college i go to) and on the rightside of the sweater it has the jumpman and also in the back of the hoodie. i was pretty shocked seeing it and i asked a couple of my friends and they said they seen it too.  idk  do you guys think theyre sponsored or thats where they order their apparel for bball from. and aint there like only 2 ncaa bball team sponsored by jordan brand unc and cinci?

It's not what you may think, its NOT Michael Jordan directly saying or agreeing to sponsor a local community college or prep school.
It's called grass-roots marketing. There is an entire section of any company that looks for expansion in local towns. Whether it's coca-cola, hanes, or nike. The regional reps at Nike approach some schools and ask to be their sponsors. No commercials, no loud ad campaigns. Why? So subconsciously people never forget the jumpman and what it stands for (buying air jordans).

The Jumpman sponsorship happens all around the country with higher end private high schools ("prep" schools) and some community colleges. 

I live in the DMV.  Kevin Durant's old school has the jumpman sponsorship also.

It's not different than the local pepsi distributor giving(yes no charge) a refrigerator,freezer that has "PEPSI" on it to a local supermarket owner to place in their front window. 

- Don Juan -

ps: great question, thanks for posing it.

no, you can just buy jordan gear, sometimes you get a discount...most people just buy the travel gear though

I just got home from a local DNBA league game and they had some high school teams play before the game. The Ames, Iowa Little Cyclones played with top highschool prospect Harrison Barnes- who is AMAZING. I noticed a lot of guys on the team were wearing XIIs and a couple others in Space Jams and then as the game was over and they were all walking off the court they all had the Jumpman logo on warm ups, jerseys and their shorts. Seems as though they were backed by Jordan Brand- a high school team!

Originally Posted by Vitoman

I just got home from a local DNBA league game and they had some high school teams play before the game. The Ames, Iowa Little Cyclones played with top highschool prospect Harrison Barnes- who is AMAZING. I noticed a lot of guys on the team were wearing XIIs and a couple others in Space Jams and then as the game was over and they were all walking off the court they all had the Jumpman logo on warm ups, jerseys and their shorts. Seems as though they were backed by Jordan Brand- a high school team!
I am from the Des Moines area and saw Barnes play at my high school... he is something else. Probably good enough to go straight to the pros. But anyways yeah their travel gear is JB, but when I saw them play, most had the Hyperizes... one had DMP 11 couldn't believe he was wearing them! Surprised to hear from someone in Des Moines, and surprised that they all had some retro J's on.

Almost every school has a rep that comes from a local company and they are usually backed by nike or adidas and then the coach goes through a catalog of products and picks out what they want. So if they are a nike company they probably feature jordan brand apparel that they can customize for teams. http://www.teamimpactsports.com/ Thats the company that came to my highschool and Community College and my CC has jordan apparel too.

Yeah I bought a jordan hoody and put my sons team and jersey number on it for his youth football team. Go bulldogs!
You can do that with whatever.

Originally Posted by magoodeleon

Truth is, you can order BRAND JORDAN gear from Eastbay and put whatever logo on it...

^^^^CORRECT! Tons of high school bball teams are getting t-shirts with the JB logo on it. Personally I wouldn't get it unless everything else we had a a team was Jordan. The high school I use to go to's crosstown rival high school has Jordan logo t-shirts with the school on the front, but they bball gear (jerseys, and shoes) were adidas.....

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

NEWS FLASH! You can order JB products in bulk!

laugh.gif

yeah

Trust me Delta, bought those. Almost every JUCO I've seen, including mine have the Jordan Hoodies.

Back
Top Bottom