Jordan Brand to Release a Regionally Exclusive Air Jordan 10 “City Pack” For 2016

seriously? this city pack was weak IMO i mean if you were alive fr the original pack, this is a joke, seriously a joke. and paying 200 bucks too like nike is sitting here laughing at half of us.

Weaker than the OG of course, but there are a few nice pairs.

15 years from now they will drop another round and everyone will say they aren't as good as the first OR second haha

seriously? this city pack was weak IMO i mean if you were alive fr the original pack, this is a joke, seriously a joke. and paying 200 bucks too like nike is sitting here laughing at half of us.

Weaker than the OG of course, but there are a few nice pairs.

15 years from now they will drop another round and everyone will say they aren't as good as the first OR second haha

the thing is its not impossible to make a better city pack, I just dont think jordan brand cares lol The past few years have seen some horrible new colorways and with the amount of money they are charging (160 for 1's now?!) I cant see spending the money when theres so much heat out there and other, better, nike OG retros coming out. I was so pschyed for this new imagined city pack too lol.

the thing is its not impossible to make a better city pack, I just dont think jordan brand cares lol The past few years have seen some horrible new colorways and with the amount of money they are charging (160 for 1's now?!) I cant see spending the money when theres so much heat out there and other, better, nike OG retros coming out. I was so pschyed for this new imagined city pack too lol.

All Nike/JB cares about with this pack is:

China - pop. 1.357 bil.
Brazil - pop. 200 mil.
France - pop. 66 mil.
England - pop. 53 mil.
NYC metro - pop. 20.2 mil.
LA metro - pop. 18.7 mil.
Chicago metro - pop. 9.73 mil.

Total population of region-specific customers: 1.733 billion

(*plus the folks from their namesake's current home market of Charlotte)

CHI and LA pairs came in, LAs are going back, disappointed, being from LA, I wanted to like them, still debating the CHI pair, not leather but maybe wouldn't crease as much.

This was a strange release in my area, all the big accounts just got GS sz.... Today i go to a mall that none of the foot stores gets foams, but they had the Rio's chillin and the Chi chillin... I wonder what was up with that..... I hope they flood the market with London's, after that crazy stunt with white CP3 13s.  I really dont have any hope for the Shanghai joints

CHI and LA pairs came in, LAs are going back, disappointed, being from LA, I wanted to like them, still debating the CHI pair, not leather but maybe wouldn't crease as much.

Awww man [emoji]128531[/emoji] you got to keep for simply repping the left coast. LA, Do or Die

I think a lot of people only like the OG city pack simply cause it's OG, don't get me wrong the color schemes are nice but if they just happened to be a new color way that just released they probably still wouldn't even sell out

I think a lot of people only like the OG city pack simply cause it's OG, don't get me wrong the color schemes are nice but if they just happened to be a new color way that just released they probably still wouldn't even sell out

[emoji]9757[/emoji]️[emoji]127998[/emoji] this x 5

Real talk, even though OG is OG this city pack is > than the OG pack in terms of originality. The OG is literally the same shoe with the exception of the Sacramento. Other than different sock liners and sole colors the OG's are all the same.

BORING!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The OGs are simple color blocking which looks great on this silhouette. These new versions are all over the place and look ridiculous. Only the Hornets colorway looks good because of this.

[emoji]9757[/emoji]️[emoji]127998[/emoji] this x 5

Real talk, even though OG is OG this city pack is > than the OG pack in terms of originality. The OG is literally the same shoe with the exception of the Sacramento. Other than different stock liners and sole colors the OG's are all the same.

BORING!!!!!!!
are yall tripping off something? take a goo dlook at both these packs side by side and make that same statement again.
View media item 2040457it has nothing to do with them being OG, thats really not the point, its the fact these new colorways stink compared to them. Im not going to lie i like the materials on some of the new pairs but the colorways suck aside from london and shanghai. the X wasnt built for this type of color blocking. the OG colorways keep it classy and just work. they could have done this new city pack right but they were playing games.

Last edited:
are yall tripping off something? take a goo dlook at both these packs side by side and make that same statement again.
View media item 2040457it has nothing to do with them being OG, thats really not the point, its the fact these new colorways stink compared to them. Im not going to lie i like the materials on some of the new paris but the colorways suck aside from london and shanghai. the X wasnt built for this type of color blocking. the OG colorways keep it classy and just work. they could have done this new city pack right but they were playing games.

The bolded part is facts. 10s are supposed to be the simple bread and butter OG cws. 2014 was the start of all these out of the blue cws on 10s.

I feel like if I buy all of these they would just be filler taking
up space in my collection that I wouldn't care to wear months from now because the hype train sucked me in and burned the fun up.

Last edited:
Not sure what ya'll mean by color blocking cause the OG steals have the same color blocking as the Chicago and Charlotte pairs

C,mon guys, lets open our eyes and look at each collection subjectively.

The older collection was mostly the same shoe (apart from the black one), with just the lining and the colours on the sole being different. But if that's your cup of tea, then that's your cup of tea.

From my perspective, that is the perspective someone who likes my kicks, my style , my swag (and I don't know much about releases, history etc), this newer collection is definitely more appealing, even though not every shoe will appeal to everyone. we all have our favorites and the ones we dislike.

I think that often ignorance is bliss. Currently, I am swimming in ignorance of the history of these kicks, which allows me to appreciate each shoe for what it is.

The simple fact the colours are so varied in this collection, should make you question the importance of 'copping the whole collection'. Do you really like each colourway? really?

If not, and you still want to cop the whole collection, then who are you doing it for?

View media item 2040457it has nothing to do with them being OG, thats really not the point, its the fact these new colorways stink compared to them. Im not going to lie i like the materials on some of the new paris but the colorways suck aside from london and shanghai. the X wasnt built for this type of color blocking. the OG colorways keep it classy and just work. they could have done this new city pack right but they were playing games.

All I'm saying is if the OG city pack was a new released color they wouldn't sell out and the only reason they are praised is simply because they're OG.....

I like the new CS myself, because they represent the cities and certain things about the cities.. The OGs are cool but if they were new releases in this day and age, ppl would say "thats the easy way, what a lazy effort JB, way to go messing that up".... But IMO the new CS have character and they all mean something different than just colors on the sole... With these you have to use your brain to figure out what the meaning is and ppl dont like thinking to much. Now they need/want a back story to make them buy them, no story and a GR most ppl dont want them... Me i like them GR or QS joints are cool even the ones i thought i didnt like

Thinking about sending my Rios back to Shoe Palace now that I have the OVOs. I don't see myself wearing so many 10's (have Paris too) and I personally prefer the Shanghai. It's DS sz 12 and would let it go for retail. PM otherwise Shoe Palace is going to make me eat restocking fees. :frown:
Yea, em fees are outrageous. you might be better off just selling em off. 

Last edited:

All I'm saying is if the OG city pack was a new released color they wouldn't sell out and the only reason they are praised is simply because they're OG.....

That's honestly like saying the Chicago 1's wouldn't sell if they released today or the Black Cement 3's, or the Military Blue 4's. The OG City Pack is praised because it's pretty much the Air Jordan 10 at its finest, exemplifying what the model was meant to be: simple and timeless. I also think people overestimate just how much the general population likes the newer colorways that are coming out. Even this new City Pack isn't exactly knocking it out of the park. I was just at my local mall and saw multiple pairs sitting. People have also been complaining for quite a while now about how busy and unnecessary some of the new colorways (Green Glow 4, Pre-Grape 5, Brazil 6, Sweater 7, etc.) they put out look and directly compare them to the simpler, older colorways in terms of quality.

Certainly isn't anything wrong with liking new colorways, but lets not act as if people love them across the board or anything.

Last edited:

If royal blue X's sold out theres no way in hell these would sit thats blasphemy. Like besides the green ones I would take any of those colorways before pretty much any new colorway of the X in the last few years. Im telling you it didnt have as much to do with them being Og they are just cleaner colorways. there may be some that use OG as criteria but the original city pack was MUCH MUCH cleaner in comparison. I showed that pic to a bunch of non jordan heads and NONE of them chose the new city pack. Its just too much trash in that lineup.

I like the new CS myself, because they represent the cities and certain things about the cities.. The OGs are cool but if they were new releases in this day and age, ppl would say "thats the easy way, what a lazy effort JB, way to go messing that up".... But IMO the new CS have character and they all mean something different than just colors on the sole... With these you have to use your brain to figure out what the meaning is and ppl dont like thinking to much. Now they need/want a back story to make them buy them, no story and a GR most ppl dont want them... Me i like them GR or QS joints are cool even the ones i thought i didnt like
I feel you on that, i bought the NYCs just because of history of the city and the materials but if i could choose between that and a knicks colorway? Og or not thats getting COPPED. if the OG city pack never released and released as a new city pack it would be awesome id have nothing bac to say id probably cop all of them I dont think it has as much to do with them being OG they are CLEAN colorways. they are done with the original designers intent in mind and not done with the mentality that JB has to do something fresh and funky all the time. like i said JB was playing games with this pack.

Last edited:
...also saw LA's on feet they actually look dam good so I had a change of heart
Couldn't agree more. From the first leaked shots, my sights were set on the LAs above anything else. Though granted, i would've preferred a darker (almost Navy) blue than the actual "Denim" look. But overall, clean shoes. 

Onto the Flue Games. Got the tickets lined up.

Last edited:
For anyone in the Chicagoland suburbs area, HOH at Woodfield mall has Rio 10s on shelf, no idea what sizes, I noticed on the way out and was too lazy walk back to the counter to ask. Also LAs in person are stupendous, will be an immediate purchase as soon as the discount restrictions vanish.

Back
Top Bottom