Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Sooooo my 2011 cement 3s i sold on ebay did not pass the inspection because they were repainted. Ebay denied it because theybsaid it was not in the description that they were repainted, whcih is not true. i included in my description they were repainted. i called ebay 30min ago and the "authenticator" says it does not included they were repainted. she even ready my description as if i was dumb. I fired back and said it the first sentence in the description they were repainted. she kept apolizing through the rest of the call but already knew nothing can be done.🥴
Who in their right mind is buying 2011 BC3s with 2011 tooling?

When I said Gentry was 5'7" I was being conservative, I didn't want someone to debunk that video.

He's really 5'3".

He's shorter than that woman in the video.

221B7478-5060-4D6D-BD6A-0428DBDCEC06.jpeg
Gentry about to burn up DJ Clark Kent’s phone again after he gets caught up on this thread :lol:

~ NT STILL don’t love me papi ~ Gentry probably…
Y'all lame for this. Grow up

What's with the gentry hate? I always ask but never get any genuine answers. Please don't tell me it's just the fusions. NT always complains about JB always playing it safe and gentry is one of the few dudes who thought outside the box constantly. Look at all the non-OG classics we got under his reign. I feel like the gentry hate is an old, played out joke at this point. People on NT will talk about this man then turnaround and salivate over his his non-ogs when they release(UNC 3s, lightings, thunder etc.) Sure.some of his ideas weren't always hits but true creatives and innovators have their flops. Not every idea Steve Jobs put out was a well received.
I think some folks are mad at themselves for spending money back then on ****ty OG retros over and over when we’re now getting some quality releases 20 years later.

What's with the gentry hate? I always ask but never get any genuine answers. Please don't tell me it's just the fusions. NT always complains about JB always playing it safe and gentry is one of the few dudes who thought outside the box constantly. Look at all the non-OG classics we got under his reign. I feel like the gentry hate is an old, played out joke at this point. People on NT will talk about this man then turnaround and salivate over his his non-ogs when they release(UNC 3s, lightings, thunder etc.) Sure.some of his ideas weren't always hits but true creatives and innovators have their flops. Not every idea Steve Jobs put out was a well received.
Gentry never wanted to put Nike Air back on the retros. For that alone he is a jerkoff. I have many other reasons but that’s a great starting point. Putting the Jumpman on the back of the AJ 1. It doesn’t belong there and looks awful.

Last edited:
give us we want. Take away something we want.

Never give us 100% off what we want. That’s the recipe that keeps the masses coming back to the same shoe.

Sure. Chicago 1s will come back out true cut - but reimagined.

Sure. Cement 3s with NA and a better shape - but reimagined.

Like clockwork. Oh well.

Niketalk: "gentry trash" "he's the worst thing to ever happen to Jordan:

Niketalk when it was announced one of his signature colorways was coming back(DMP 11s): "1st day cop" "always loved this shoe" "so glad JB is bringing it back"

This man blessed y'all with classics on top of classics and all y'all repay him by regurgitating tired axx jokes about him on a forum. Stop being corny and give this man his just due

Niketalk when it was announced one of his signature colorways was coming back(DMP 11s): "1st day cop" "always loved this shoe" "so glad JB is bringing it back"

This man blessed y'all with classics on top of classics and all y'all repay him by regurgitating tired axx jokes about him on a forum. Stop being corny and give this man his just due

Gentry burner account?

Gentry said in that podcast that he wasn’t happy with the bad quality product Jordan Brand was using during those days…At a time when other Nike departments were still using halfway decent quality materials (SB for example)…Also at a time when Jordan Brand was pushing Nike profit through the roof…As the head of JB at the time to even imply that he had no control over the material quality, while other Nike umbrella departments were still using better materials for their lines is absurd…Who else would be in a position to make that decision while Nike was still using better quality elsewhere? Between the price hikes and cardboard quality materials Gentry got richer~er off that era of JB…

AND…For him to sit there and try and draw attention to the good stuff that got released during his first tenure, while deflecting on the overwhelmingly bad stuff, that’s just sad…Like I said before, I’d have more respect for the guy if he just came out and owned it…But he wants to get the credit for the good while putting the bad on some mysterious ~somebody else~…Miss me with that…

It just comes down to him STILL wanting the sneaker head community to embrace him without question…Sad as that sounds…That ~ I didn’t like it either ~ stuff is all cap on his end…

Stop regurgitating this elf’s balls in your mouth. Making colorways isn’t hard.

For the record I don’t have as much of an issue with the colorways as much as I do the tactics and quality you gave us.

Garbagio.

Gentry said in that podcast that he wasn’t happy with the bad quality product Jordan Brand was using during those days…At a time when other Nike departments were still using halfway decent quality materials (SB for example)…Also at a time when Jordan Brand was pushing Nike profit through the roof…As the head of JB at the time to even imply that he had no control over the material quality, while other Nike umbrella departments were still using better materials for their lines is absurd…Who else would be in a position to make that decision while Nike was still using better quality elsewhere? Between the price hikes and cardboard quality materials Gentry got richer~er off that era of JB…

AND…For him to sit there and try and draw attention to the good stuff that got released during his first tenure, while deflecting on the overwhelmingly bad stuff, that’s just sad…Like I said before, I’d have more respect for the guy if he just came out and owned it…But he wants to get the credit for the good while putting the bad on some mysterious ~somebody else~…Miss me with that…

It just comes down to him STILL wanting the sneaker head community to embrace him without question…Sad as that sounds…That ~ I didn’t like it either ~ stuff is all cap on his end…
There's a chain of command bruh. He was the head of a subsidiary of Nike meaning, ultimately, Nike likely had a final say on most things especially the allocation of funds towards the materials. Gentry's job was to increase sales and come up with colorways/ideas. What he said is not beyond reason.

For the record I don’t have as much of an issue with the colorways as much as I do the tactics and quality you gave us.

Garbagio.
Tactics? You mean the tactics that led JB to becoming the number one shoe brand in the world and helped ensure that you and your fam will be able to enjoy retros for generations to come? Yeah such a horrible guy. And again there is nothing definitive that says Gentry was in charge of quality. He is on record saying that he had no say in that. From everything I've seen on him he's always been forthcoming and open about his successes and failures. Why lie about that?
Stop regurgitating this elf’s balls in your mouth. Making colorways isn’t hard.
I'll see you both in the DMP thread.

There's a chain of command bruh. He was the head of a subsidiary of Nike meaning, ultimately, Nike likely had a final say on most things especially the allocation of funds towards the materials. Gentry's job was to increase sales and come up with colorways/ideas. What he said is not beyond reason.

Sounds like Gentry was a figurehead for JB then?

By that reasoning he shouldn’t be taking credit for the “classics” he blessed everybody with right? The chain of command surely had more say so than a figurehead at the top of the brand yes?

Sandy Bodecker got some decent material usage for SB products at the time…Pretty big feat for the figurehead of the SB subsidiary apparently 🤷‍♂️

He doesn’t get the privilege for taking credit for the good product that dropped during his tenure while fully deflecting on the bad…No passes to be given here…Own all of it, or none of it at all…

Back
Top Bottom