Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Son I’m #TeamRetail I could give a damb what resell value is now or in the future. I lowball resellers for fun on shoes I have no interest in really buying from a low life.

I was just stating that prices will change on these, as a warning to anyone who is willing to support resellers, that you should buy now or forever hold your peace.
You know some of those "resellers" are just us........right?

I’d love to see the NT heads of a billion dollar company tell the CEOs/CFOs “hey, I know we are making record amounts of money but let’s change the paint and materials used to a higher quality”. I’m sure they’d all be on board for that, ya know since they care about “da culture” (a small minority of their overall customer base complaining about quality) so much and people stopped buying because quality was so bad :lol: they’d say “that’s a great idea, work on designing and planning releases while we worry about materials”.

And yet we bought them then and here we are years later taking a magnifying glass to eBay listings to check elephant print because the quality overall is still trash :lol:
This is it right here.
At the end of the day gentry was kinda like the president. He represented the company but behind closed doors others are making the actual final decisions.

You know some of those "resellers" are just us........right?
DE552FB0-2954-4F09-9E7A-5A764238EA2B.png

Not sure how Gentry got his position, but he had access to MJ and other celebrities and special Nike projects and resources. I'm jealous; that would be a dream job. But this guy let it get to his head and is super arrogant. He dresses, behaves, and even has posture that makes him come across so arrogant and a poser. He did he job well to make JB money, but all the crap he spews about OGs and talking like he cares is so pathetic when compared to his actions.; it's incongruent. He's a hypocrite, and such a turn off. If he came to me with an opportunity to get access to MJ or special releases, etc., I would decline as I wouldn't want to talk to such a fake poser. Good on him for levelling up his lifestyle though, however, in terms of leaving a legacy of honoring history and quality, he failed.

Pulled out my 2011 true blues to compare with the white/cem's. I've been wearing them here and there since new and they're still wearable and midsole feels just as firm as the new pair. I would say overall the '11 TB's had one of the best build qualities and shape that is very close to the new white/cem's. They remind me of the '01 TB's so much which I loved back in HS. Super happy to have the white/cem's along with my TB's.
Midsole paint sucks on tb3

What did Gentry do that was so groundbreaking exactly?? Cool Grey 11s? Lol. Honesty, he wasn’t doing anything that any sneakerhead currently does with Nike By You or when they play NBA 2K (I.E creating different colorways).

I don’t feel like people hated them but the asthetics of those shoes wasn’t the selling point. I don’t think people liked the actual shoe imo
The Galaxy Foams were extremely limited. Pump them out in GR numbers similar to a holiday 11 and those sit (either that or resellers have warehouses full of product). They are an awesome shoe, but that joint was more hype than substance IMO.

although an ideal qc pair of these are great, I think people might be over estimating long term price. Took 88s and the other renditions after a while to climb. To be fair these are a far better retro but it’s not the Chicago affect/hype. Thankfully the 3 isn’t a super popular model with the younger crowd. it’s a buyers market right now and hopefully foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom