Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Yup. They were good at the time.

One of my pairs....

AJIII (7).JPG
AJIII.JPG
These were a thing of beauty. Comfort was great on these.

Yup. They were good at the time.

One of my pairs....

AJIII (7).JPG
AJIII.JPG
It's funny people talk about the 03's now as a retro with "good materials and quality" because that's the complete opposite of what I remember from when they dropped. It was nothing but complaining about the terrible materials and quality. I do remember seeing a lot of pairs with inconsistencies but at $100 msrp and mass produced, what do you expect. The 03's however are the reason why the white/cem 3's are one of my favorite J's. Really miss my pair but I would take the 23's over them any day.

How many of those pairs have you even worn? That’s crazy.
Going to unds the reimagineds to go take my boys to go see the mario movie on Wednesday. Already cut the nike tag and unlaced. Going to unds the L&G for AIR as well.

03’s are good w/ me. Dropped on my bday (4/19) that year so I always remembered. I loved the leather uppers and matching tongue on those.. I thought it was slick how the uppers actually reminded me of elephant skin.

Joints were :nthat: no release has been better until now.

Speaking of ‘03 anyone on here remember signing the petition back in ‘01-‘02 to bring back the fire-red 3’s? I remember when the rumor dropped that the petition worked everyone was excited. About 2 months before the release the news broke that it would be the white/cements, and most people on here started complaining lol.
IMG_8959.jpeg
IMG_8960.jpeg

2003s were true quickstrikes.

No real news on the release until a week or so even on NT. Quiet release that still sold out, if you knew you knew and it was an easy cop.

Then the hype machine started rolling in after that.

Yup. I remember going to one of my local mom & pop shops a week or so before release/around when news broke. Asked this worker who knew me by face if I could buy them early. He shrugged, and said 'sure'. I copped 2 pairs that day. For retail. A week early.

Simpler times. |l :pimp:

Last edited:
Yup. I remember going to one of my local mom & pop shops a week or so before released/around when news broke. Asked this worker who knew me by face if I could buy them early. He shrugged, and said 'sure'. I copped 2 pairs that day. For retail. A week early.

Simpler times. |l :pimp:
The fun days. I remember blowing up my local spot phone for 3 weeks before release. 2weeks before the release they finally got their shipments in. I rushed down there with the plan to cop 2pairs, but when I got there they were still breaking down the shipment boxes, and I seen they also got the blk/chrome 8’s in. I copped one wht/cmt III, and one blk/chrm VIII. The crazy part was by that time I was so used to getting stuff early, and for retail I kept both pairs Ds, and just hung them on my wall for display. I called all of my homies over to see both pairs, and everyone was more interested in the 8’s lol.

No real news on the release until a week or so even on NT. Quiet release that still sold out, if you knew you knew and it was an easy cop.

My hs pe teacher had em on and dudes were beasting over it :lol:. 11.5/12 were sold out everywhere I looked.

Also gotta keep in mind, Jordan was retiring for the last time around April 2003 when the 2003 cement IIIs were dropping. Some people were excited to get those retroes.

I remember people whining about the Jumpman (rightfully so) on the 2003s. However, I, along with most others, were just happy to get a pair. I didn’t get my first pair of Jordans until 2000, so that was my first shot at owning a pair of white/cement 3s.

Copping early was standard in NYC. Usual mom and pop shops and it was NEVER more than 25-50 bucks over MSRP. Got my Playoff XI's in 01 that way about a month before they dropped after a girl told me she saw someone rocking them. I was broke in HS so that was probably the only time I did it.. tried for Playoff VII's but I couldn't pull it off :lol:

Champs have a small restock? Can't add **** to my cart so wondering if it's just bs.

Still looking for a 10 🙃

Ive worn these a bunch of times, never had a thought that “I wish they had more comfortable ankle padding”

They feel great imo

Since JB made Derek Anderson’s pair of White Cements with NA on the back in ‘01, always wondered why they went with the jumpman in ‘03?
97B9C59D-357F-4B5D-8D12-5184698F0826.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom