Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

It's not 1999 anymore bruh. Are y'all saying that no classics have been released since the ogs? You have the all time classics and then you have modern day classics. Are y'all saying no classics were released during Gentry's 20 year tenure? I know y'all dislike the man but that's just being disingenuous.
Yeah that’s exactly what I said :rofl:

Gentry come get this NT validation…This e-hug is all for you bruh…I can’t believe we ever had a negative thought about you, ever, in the history of everything…AND thank you for the few dope retro colorways you let get released during you’re run, because that was all you and definitely nobody else…

Please come back! We could absolutely use a re-release of those used Maxi Pad Foams, and I’m getting tired of these Retro Jordan’s having this Nike Air branding anyways…I feel like removing that feature from the retro’s will make me feel better while I coddle my OG pairs as they disintegrate in my hands…

IMG_0211.jpeg

So when the eBay rep was reading the sentence and the word “repainted” came out of her mouth, what happened then?

Did you say, “wait stop…back up…could you repeat that last word?”

ebay rep: “You mean, ‘repainted’?”

You: “Yes that one. As in, ‘the shoes have been repainted.’ Will you at least acknowledge that the word repainted is, in fact, in the first sentence?

…the sentence you just read.”

ebay rep: “No…it was not.”

Are you saying that’s what happened?

…or at least some similar version of that?

soggysocks soggysocks

Man eff all this Gentry talk. Can we finish this story? Went back and forth some pages and dont know if I missed how this ended.

How the *** was there a debate with the repainted schtuff and how was she confused? You said she read the description to you (cause it didnt say it was repainted according to them) and you had to tell em it was the first sentence? Man what. :lol: Please clarify all of this for me. :lol:

Yeah, I blinked and got old LOL

I honestly don’t know if either of those teams is the best TEAM of all time. The F5 should’ve won that ‘93 title, but blew it. The Rebels were somewhat exposed by Duke, as much as I hated that Duke era. Still should’ve won that game, though. But I don’t put as much stake on college titles in the modern era as others do. In a one and done scenario, anything can and does happen. If it was a pro scenario, no way Duke or UNC wins a series against Vegas or Michigan at the time. But that’s the way it is.
All I know for sure is that a Vegas v Fab 5 matchup would’ve been insane if both teams played their best.
I think they should open march madness to more programs/levels and in addition have a separate playoff for the top ten ranked teams, best of 3.

Been trying to get these shoes for a decent price but damn you guys would not believe the clownery I had today. As soon as he hit me with % I was fuuuuuuuck u
Hate and love this part of the game. Gives the kids a light intro to business 101. But, also allows kids (and adults) to think they're the wolf of hype street or something 🤦🏿‍♂️ .

:wow: :sick: Had no idea about the kid size 3s back in ‘88

I'm all about history and story telling. Call me a mark but history or a unique story can make a shoe go from mid to need for me in some instances. Still with these, they don't look bad. Definitely don't look necessary though. If anything we want to see Adult quality and features brought down to kids, not the reverse 🤣.

Gentry said in that podcast that he wasn’t happy with the bad quality product Jordan Brand was using during those days…At a time when other Nike departments were still using halfway decent quality materials (SB for example)…Also at a time when Jordan Brand was pushing Nike profit through the roof…As the head of JB at the time to even imply that he had no control over the material quality, while other Nike umbrella departments were still using better materials for their lines is absurd…Who else would be in a position to make that decision while Nike was still using better quality elsewhere? Between the price hikes and cardboard quality materials Gentry got richer~er off that era of JB…

AND…For him to sit there and try and draw attention to the good stuff that got released during his first tenure, while deflecting on the overwhelmingly bad stuff, that’s just sad…Like I said before, I’d have more respect for the guy if he just came out and owned it…But he wants to get the credit for the good while putting the bad on some mysterious ~somebody else~…Miss me with that…

It just comes down to him STILL wanting the sneaker head community to embrace him without question…Sad as that sounds…That ~ I didn’t like it either ~ stuff is all cap on his end…
Board of directors and stock price. That's who Gentry answers to. Not NT 😂. At that level people get fired if metricss drop 1% at the wrong time....also, cruise ships don't make turns on a dime. A company as big as Nike is planning, strategizing, doing logistics, executing for years in advance. So it's not as easy for him to say ".....let's increase the cost of our shoes by improving materials on sneakers that are selling out as is so that NT will love me". The shoes still sold out. He had no case to make. Again, if sneaker heads wouldn't have bought them we'd have a case but sneakerheads bought them. Thots don't get wedding rings and Valentine's Day dates. They take what they are given. We been thottin' it up for JB for too long to act like our opinion matters now 🤣😂🤣

If we took a poll here on NT, the majority would also agree those are not classics, so stop it. :lol: I feel like you're trolling now.
Can we poll this because I disagree. I wasn't copping heavy at all back then but definitely wanted most of the DMPs, thunder/lightning, oreo, and UNC 4s are still favorites of mine. Had a tribe called quest AJ1 high before all the AJ1 hype that I'm made I passed on (not a classic though). Lots of bad shoes and lots of good ones. Has there ever been an era/regime where this wasn't the case🤷🏿‍♂️?

Hate and love this part of the game. Gives the kids a light intro to business 101. But, also allows kids (and adults) to think they're the wolf of hype street or something 🤦🏿‍♂️ .
Mowtown there's just something's that are about principlesyou wanna make a lil bread for god knows what thought my Nt guys have my back trying get a deal. Da FUQ these grand analogies when in reality it was corny trying to make a much off some grs yeah I was clowning ok ol bloh but Jesus man don't you hate what this has become you think I'm finna feed the beast my hobby starting not to be fun no more

Call me crazy but it seems like most of the complaints about him should be directed at the brand itself? And if at least not that the brand should be responsible for how he’s portrayed? I mean he could easily be replaced
Yes, we should be mad at Nike. But that means we'd have to be accountable and speak with our dollars instead of our NT fingers.

Mowtown there's just something's that are about principlesyou wanna make a lil bread for god knows what thought my Nt guys have my back trying get a deal. Da FUQ these grand analogies when in reality it was corny trying to make a much off some grs yeah I was clowning ok ol bloh but Jesus man don't you hate what this has become you think I'm finna feed the beast my hobby starting not to be fun no more
Often two things could be true at once. Where I come from, kids I KNOW would have been trying to flip dime bags acting like they were kingpins are instead flipping shoes and basketball cards etc. I'm not mad at that. I got friends that got shot and locked up off that foolishness. But, yes I also hate how corny the game is now because you have all these "entrepreneurs" clogging up the scene trying to get lunch money. On release day for these I went on a whole rant about corny resellers at a FCFS release talking about how much "work" they putting in when in fact they lazy as h🔥ll doing the least expecting the most. They got no hustle in them, just 100% corn balls. So heads like me and you either have to pay resell for a shoe that shouldn't be reselling or go through other shenanigans because these 🤡 are in the way.

Oft and tbh I was off that Henny when he hit me with that and just all the lent up rage within reason over this resell "culture " got the best of me **** it I bought a long board instead

Often two things could be true at once. Where I come from, kids I KNOW would have been trying to flip dime bags acting like they were kingpins are instead flipping shoes and basketball cards etc. I'm not mad at that. I got friends that got shot and locked up off that foolishness. But, yes I also hate how corny the game is now because you have all these "entrepreneurs" clogging up the scene trying to get lunch money. On release day for these I went on a whole rant about corny resellers at a FCFS release talking about how much "work" they putting in when in fact they lazy as h🔥ll doing the least expecting the most. They got no hustle in them, just 100% corn balls. So heads like me and you either have to pay resell for a shoe that shouldn't be reselling or go through other shenanigans because these 🤡 are in the way.
This isis that fantasies they wanna live bd like Tony Montana or Jordan Belfort be real lol. Imma get them reataik or I'm ducking the reseller it can go both ways put my faith in the sneaker gods

Back
Top Bottom