Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Anyone remember Alex?
B23EEA0B-29DE-4F8A-8F49-90195A9AB3F6.jpeg
CAB5F376-708A-4BD7-B5E5-65303B33F296.jpeg
C677E9E9-D35A-40DA-ACC2-605FCA5CB58F.jpeg
37D18AD8-AA92-44F5-B9FB-766E7DEF4647.jpeg
Damn I remember this jb catalog book from like 02-03 I looked at this jawn everyday retro mikes were only comin out every 4-5 months back then gave me time to save up

^^ Dang - 2pacalypsenow 2pacalypsenow said Copeland's! I haven't heard that in hella long. I remember finding some gems in there, like the penny 2's and zoom GP's back in the day....

Memories man....
Copelands was such a gem and an under appreciated store model. No need to ask for your size, the stock was there for you to try including the premier models.

Idk about your copelands, but the tennis section was next to the shoes, so it just smelled like tennis ball canisters and new shoes. Man I miss that store.

No need to ask for your size, the stock was there for you to try including the premier models.

This reminded me of getting to my local Sports Authority before it opened on release day for the OG taxi XII. Me and one other dude were the only ones there, probably because at the time no one really thought of Sports Authority as a Jordan release spot. They opened the doors, we walked in, and the entire stock of XIIs was just piled up by size out in the open in the shoe area. I remember being somewhat baffled about the plain Nike box they came in, after so many years of Jordan-branded boxes LOL. I also bought the NO BULL six-foot long poster with MJ, Scottie and Rodman on it. Took it back to college and had it up in my dorm room the rest of the year. Now that thing goes for big money, wish I would've thought of that back then :smh:

This reminded me of getting to my local Sports Authority before it opened on release day for the OG taxi XII. Me and one other dude were the only ones there, probably because at the time no one really thought of Sports Authority as a Jordan release spot. They opened the doors, we walked in, and the entire stock of XIIs was just piled up by size out in the open in the shoe area. I remember being somewhat baffled about the plain Nike box they came in, after so many years of Jordan-branded boxes LOL. I also bought the NO BULL six-foot long poster with MJ, Scottie and Rodman on it. Took it back to college and had it up in my dorm room the rest of the year. Now that thing goes for big money, wish I would've thought of that back then :smh:
Probably less than 1% of people that were into sneakers thought about that back then. This reminds me of the Mr. Alan's (now Snipes). Each summer in the late 90s/early 00s they had a tent sale. Close family friend from church worked there and would get us 8in first. All sneakers in the tent were $9.99. No boxes and No Jordans usually but TONS of Air Force 1s, Air Max, etc. and lots of gear. You could bring a couple hundred dollars and fill a whole closet. Never crossed my mind to cop to flip at school lol🤦🏿‍♂️. I just wanted to get as many as I could for myself 😅. Definitely had hustle and work ethic because that's how I got the cash to shop.

Got that poster rolled up in my room somewhere. Wish I took way better care of it. SMFH LOL

I wore these Sunday and they ate my pinky toe UP!

Strange thing is I can wear air trainer 1s and 3s with no issue but these were unbearable! I did do a lot of walking at a festival so maybe that was it.

I’ll give it 2 more wears before they go on the chopping block.
One of the worst feelings to have with shoes.. Sorry to hear that.

Had another pair of 3s do that so I went half size up in these to be safe. Feel like it's hard to predict though even within the same model smh.

I wore these Sunday and they ate my pinky toe UP!

Strange thing is I can wear air trainer 1s and 3s with no issue but these were unbearable! I did do a lot of walking at a festival so maybe that was it.

I’ll give it 2 more wears before they go on the chopping block.
Wore mine last Saturday at a food truck festival and they did the same to me. Weird since they do fit kinda big.

This truly perplexes me. Unless you're a collector I don't understand why there is a bid out for the 2011 white cement that's higher than the highest bid in that same size 11. Must be a collector. Was saving someone from paying resell on the wrong release of this shoe when I saw these. The 2022 is better in every way besides the midsole which I personally like but I understand those that don't.

This truly perplexes me. Unless you're a collector I don't understand why there is a bid out for the 2011 white cement that's higher than the highest bid in that same size 11. Must be a collector. Was saving someone from paying resell on the wrong release of this shoe when I saw these. The 2022 is better in every way besides the midsole which I personally like but I understand those that don't.

Paying resell is already a tough pill to swallow.

But paying resell for the inferior Jumpman Air is insanity.

Felt the same way, even more so, when I saw people still paying in the $400 range for 2011 Concords AFTER the 2018s dropped. That was beyond insanity.

Finally got around to snapping a few pics of my eBay resale pair. All 3 retail pairs I got were not up to par for my standards so I scoured eBay for a good pair.

EP is thin-ish. Mostly even thickness across all 4 panels. Length the same on medial and lateral side. Leather is soft and tumbled. Overall very satisfied and relieved this long *** search is over.

LN3 for you factory fiends.
tempImaged5xqjY.jpg
tempImageQ0k9S5.jpg
tempImagevfY1Af.jpg

Paying resell is already a tough pill to swallow.

But paying resell for the inferior Jumpman Air is insanity.

Like it or not, there WILL come a time when the Jumpman heels become the most valuable and sought-after versions of OG colorways. Simply because they will NEVER produce those ever again, all while they keep pumping out the NA version every 5-7 years. And each new generation of sneakerheads will care less and less about how the OGs are “supposed to look”

The fact that this 2023 release didn’t bring the prices of 2011s crashing down proves this is already starting to happen

Back
Top Bottom