Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Would anyone want a Reimagined Infrared 6? I wear my 2019s a lot and can’t imagine a leather pair being as nice. But I’m way more open to these leather Black Cement 4s.

IMG_9832.jpeg
My cuzzo had the grade school leather VI black infrared joints along with a youth size Raiders Starter jacket that had Raiders on the back instead of the patch. The leather did not stand out or look too different from the adult sizes. Now that youth Raiders Starter jacket was complete blasphemy. I don't think it even had the velcro pocket inside. I am open to anything. I like the reimagine series, but I Jordan Brand as a whole is getting kind of stale. Does anyone remember why we they did not make the sneakers like OGs back in the early days? Does anyone remember all of the OG collectors complaining about the value going down

My cuzzo had the grade school leather VI black infrared joints along with a youth size Raiders Starter jacket that had Raiders on the back instead of the patch. The leather did not stand out or look too different from the adult sizes. Now that youth Raiders Starter jacket was complete blasphemy. I don't think it even had the velcro pocket inside. I am open to anything. I like the reimagine series, but I Jordan Brand as a whole is getting kind of stale. Does anyone remember why we they did not make the sneakers like OGs back in the early days? Does anyone remember all of the OG collectors complaining about the value going down
I could care less about OG value. It's more than that.

Would anyone want a Reimagined Infrared 6? I wear my 2019s a lot and can’t imagine a leather pair being as nice. But I’m way more open to these leather Black Cement 4s.

IMG_9832.jpeg

I do.

I just got the 2019 pair again this year. It’s been my grail jordan for years since the 90s. I’ve bought and sold the 2014 and the 2019. This’ll be the 3rd time owning the shoes.

Before pulling the trigger, I’ve thought bout JB reimagining the jordan 6 black infra, but i think it’d be at least a year or 2 more before they’ll do it. I think by then, I’d buy it again.

Wish we could see a side by side comparison to a pristine pair from ‘99. That would be the proper way to compare the material. All these comparisons to the 2019 pair are unfair because that pair has terrible shape and lacks the gray edges.
one is leather the other is durabuck (or nubuck?) what more do you need to know about materials? if you care about shape more than materials, these are for you. if you care about OG materials more than shape, the 19s (or a future retro) are for you. there are other changes on this reimagined version they took from the sb 4 that make it even less OG.

one is leather the other is durabuck (or nubuck?) what more do you need to know about materials? if you care about shape more than materials, these are for you. if you care about OG materials more than shape, the 19s (or a future retro) are for you. there are other changes on this reimagined version they took from the sb 4 that make it even less OG.
Shape is everything cause if not we could all go get some leather and just wrap our feet up

Such as?

Also my statement was more about an accurate comparison. It’s hard to look at a 2019 vs the reimagined and actually prefer the 2019 just because the shape is so bad it taints your perspective of the material.

padded tongue
die cut marks on the toe rand

i certainly dont remember eitherr being on the 99s but it was 20 years ago so 🤔 either was issa pass for me on materials change alone.

padded tongue
die cut marks on the toe rand

Die cut marks were featured on the originals and 1999 retro. The tongue was also more padded on both versions. Not sure why some think the slim tongue on the 2019 retro is correct.

i certainly dont remember eitherr being on the 99s but it was 20 years ago so 🤔 either was issa pass for me on materials change alone.

From the 89 a couple pages back…
1706566279756.png

along with a youth size Raiders Starter jacket that had Raiders on the back instead of the patch. The leather did not stand out or look too different from the adult sizes. Now that youth Raiders Starter jacket was complete blasphemy. I don't think it even had the velcro pocket inside.

Are you saying the OG Raiders Starters with the "RAIDERS" on the back was blasphemy? You talking satin Starter, or puffy/hooded/winter Starter?

#StarterTalk

Back
Top Bottom